Ray of hope 58th draw?

SIMOTHEGREAT

Mar 23, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hey guys
I have a question in regard PNP. If I apply for PNP express entry stream and got invited and while I'm on the process get and ITA through express entry straight would it be ok to go with the express entry or I will be obliged to stick with PNP which would take longer. Thanks for the help in advance.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
SIMOTHEGREAT said:
Hey guys
I have a question in regard PNP. If I apply for PNP express entry stream and got invited and while I'm on the process get and ITA through express entry straight would it be ok to go with the express entry or I will be obliged to stick with PNP which would take longer. Thanks for the help in advance.
You can go through express entry while PNP is in progress. You need to inform your province about it and ask it to be withdrawn. fees paid will not be refunded, though.

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all
I noticed that most of you here have CRS 430 and above. Is OINP not sending NOI? I thought their requirement was CRS to be 400 or above.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

SIMOTHEGREAT

Mar 23, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
last_try said:
You can go through express entry while PNP is in progress. You need to inform your province about it and ask it to be withdrawn. fees paid will not be refunded, though.
Thanks for the quick respond

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What people need to understand is regardless of the X number of NEW entrants in the EE pool between draws, the distribution of EE profile scores cannot be assumed to be normal. Few factors can increase scores such as language tests, years of experience, obtaining higher degrees, however as one can observe, these factors are time-consuming for the most part. It is easier to lose points (changing civil status, growing older (29+).

In addition language test performance tends to remain fairly stable over time. When retaking tests, improvements if any are only marginal. The marginal differences can mean shifting to a higher proficiency level for some, but this will apply to a few profiles relative to the total number of active profiles.

So with each decreasing point, the number of EE profiles increase, by how much, nobody knows except IRCC. Therefore the distribution is more than likely positively skewed. Let's say for the sake of argument there are 1000 profiles with 430, 1500 at 429 and 2300 at 428 and 5000 at 427, it is obvious that IRCC will not go past a certain threshold because say a draw is held with cutoff of 428, EVERYBODY with scores above 428 PLUS all the 2300 profiles (in the example) with 428 points will need to be invited and this is just unrealistic since 1) it will make PNP's avoidable by applicants *i.e. no money for provinces*; 2) the "quality" of future of immigrants will be "too low" to accomodate for all of them without possible straining the resources of the country and also to avoid setbacks and significant burden which may be experienced by new immigrants (like it or not, immigration services rate prospective applicants on factors likely to affect successful settlement in the country, take the medical exam as an example); 3) the quotas of immigrants will be reached too quickly and they will have to replan and rethink intakes, frequency, quotas, etc at the federal level.

Let me stress that I am in no way wanting to crush people's hopes, but instead I just want to help people having realistic expectations and hopes regarding the process. I know I will get many more -1 but so be it.

Good luck to everyone of you.

ajkidwai

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08/06/2017
Passport Req..
18/08/2017
3800+ people were in the pool when scores dropped from 441 to 434 for the first time.......and these people were in the pool for months and years. Right now, my guess is that not many people will be in the pool between 434 to 441. I see a drop of atleast 10-12 points. CRS 429-431.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Folks,

Would like to check, if IELTS test from BC is done on the same day in the entire world? Actually, there were two IELTS examinations that might have impacted the last draw. The results of both of those tests were announced during this 23 days period. This might have impacted the continuous fall.

In India, BC General Training IELTS test were on 16th February and 4th March. Generally the results are declared after 15 days.

For the upcoming draw on March 29 or March 31 or April 5, there are no new results expected. The last BC General Training exam was on March 25, 2017.

Yes, IDP and CELIP are other two where new scores can come.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
Folks,

Would like to check, if IELTS test from BC is done on the same day in the entire world? Actually, there were two IELTS examinations that might have impacted the last draw. The results of both of those tests were announced during this 23 days period. This might have impacted the continuous fall.

In India, BC General Training IELTS test were on 16th February and 4th March. Generally the results are declared after 15 days.

For the upcoming draw on March 29 or March 31 or April 5, there are no new results expected. The last BC General Training exam was on March 25, 2017.

Yes, IDP and CELIP are other two where new scores can come.
man you keep forgetting that ielts is written not just in india but around the world... and besides ielts people need WES to be ready also to enter the pool... not to forget only a small percentage of population writes ielts for canadian immg, there are many from UK, aus etc also... plus not to forget for higher education... your theory seems a bit far fetched according to me

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
If we see last two years - 2015 and 2016. The lowest point of the year 450 and 453 hae been hit twice.

453 was lowest of 2016. It has been hit twice - January 13 and February 24

450 was the lowest of 2015 - September 12 and October 2.

So I do feel that 434 or below is possible in next few draws.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
thestunner316 said:
man you keep forgetting that ielts is written not just in india but around the world... and besides ielts people need WES to be ready also to enter the pool... not to forget only a small percentage of population writes ielts for canadian immg, there are many from UK, aus etc also... plus not to forget for higher education... your theory seems a bit far fetched according to me
So what is your point of view for the score rise with 3700+ draw size?

Boni M

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajkidwai said:
3800+ people were in the pool when scores dropped from 441 to 434 for the first time.......and these people were in the pool for months and years. Right now, my guess is that not many people will be in the pool between 434 to 441. I see a drop of atleast 10-12 points. CRS 429-431.
But in last draw, there were 3700+ people above 441.
How can you say that there will be less people between 434-441?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
So what is your point of view for the score rise with 3700+ draw size?
if another 3700 draw comes, scores will drop... but if the draw comes 3 weeks later (like last time) then score will be the same or increase a little

the good news is compared to last year, the draw sizes continue to be the same/similar... last year draw sizes went into 3 digits after 1-2 draws of 1500 each... so scores will drop to an extent

rostark

May 8, 2016
HangingFlowers said:
Hi,

I got my ITA with the last draw. I initially hired a consultant for my entire application process for Canada PR and after receiving my ITA, my consultant is asking me hell lot of money to proceed with the further application process.
Is there anyone who has done the process by themselves or can refer someone who can help out?

Thanks
Did it myself , trust me it is no rocket science . Just read through this forum , there are many pages mentioning everything in detail like the one below.
Do not waste your money on consultants , you might need it in canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html