Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Hi Friends,

I hope you guys would be fine. Congratulations to all who have successfully received their AOR, Interview Calls, and Visas. I am sorry for those who have been rejected due to implementation of new rules or for any other reasons.

Just to share an update: I have received the payment form back on Feb 2012 to get it signed. The BIQ Paris guys have sent me a 3 page letter stating my Reference number PA***** and Dossier or AOR No. PA******.

Unlike many other cases they didn't return all my documents. Only the payment form arrived with two other letters.

A Common Question that has been asked too much!
As many of you might know, I have changed my apartment soon after I have filed my application in August 2011. I needed to inform Paris BIQ about my address change but how? I didn't have the AOR Number or any other mean to reference it.

What I did?
I have sent them a fax stating my DOB, My names, My passport number, Old address and the new address and the date when I have filed my application. They have received it and updated my file accordingly. The fee form has been sent to my new address in February.

I have also called Paris BIQ in January and February about asking my file. And I have been told they have a lot of applications so it is taking up to 5 months to reply.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
fReSco said:
Hi Friends,

I hope you guys would be fine. Congratulations to all who have successfully received their AOR, Interview Calls, and Visas. I am sorry for those who have been rejected due to implementation of new rules or for any other reasons.

Just to share an update: I have received the payment form back in Feb 2012 to get it signed. The BIQ Paris guys have sent me a 3 page letter stating my Reference number PA***** and Dossier or AOR No. PA******.

Unlike many other cases they didn't return all my documents. Only the payment form arrived with two other letters.

A Common Question that has been asked too much!
As many of you might know, I have changed my apartment soon after I have filed my application in August 2011. I needed to inform Paris BIQ about my address change but how? I didn't have the AOR Number or any other mean to reference it.

What I did?
I have sent them a fax stating my DOB, My names, My passport number, Old address and the new address and the date when I have filed my application. They have received it and updated my file accordingly. The fee form has been sent to my new address in February.

I have also called Paris BIQ in January and February about asking my file. And I have been told they have a lot of applications so it is taking up to 5 months to reply.

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Thanks for sharing, how are you ?? where have you been ?? it has been a long time, you have been away for 4 months

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
fiirm said:
Hi all,

Please which form will i use to add a new born baby for my CSQ application? And what other documentation do i need to send?

Regards
Fiirm
Dear
You have to fill principal applicant form again and mention your child in dependent as well as follow this link for another form and help http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf.

Hope this information beneficial for you.

lirjan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Tirana
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
NOC 4152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Federal Sent 05-12-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2013
Interview........
30 March 2011 (CSQ received 14 November 2011)
Passport Req..
20/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2013
LANDED..........
27/04/2013
Katayoon said:
Is the email from CIO sydney or Rome visa office? The CIO e-mail usually comes very fast but the visa office AOR takes 1-3 months. So 2nd AOR is visa office AOR and CIO's e-mail is PER (positive eligibility review)
The e-mail i got was from Rome Office. is this positive?

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Hi Guys,

I received a letter from Quebec today, it was dated for 19th March and said the following:

nous avons pris connaissance de votre projet d'etablissement permanent au quebec et vous en remercions

a cet effet, nous desirons vous informer que vous etes inscrit(e) sur une liste d'attente pour une entrevue de selection avec un conseillier ou une conseillere a l'immigration. des que la date de votre entrevue sera arrètée, nous communiquerons de nouveau avec vous

nous tenons a vous souligner que la teneur de nos dossiers etant strictement confidentielle, nous ne donnons aucun renseignement par telephone concernant des demandes d'immigration

nous vous prions de croire, madame, en l'assurance de nos sentiments les meilleurs

I think this means that I am on the waiting list for the interview, correct?

Has anyone else received such a letter and then how much time it will take for the interview to happen? Also will I get another letter or email notifying my interview date?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
harsha said:
Hi Guys,

I received a letter from Quebec today, it was dated for 19th March and said the following:

nous avons pris connaissance de votre projet d'etablissement permanent au quebec et vous en remercions

a cet effet, nous desirons vous informer que vous etes inscrit(e) sur une liste d'attente pour une entrevue de selection avec un conseillier ou une conseillere a l'immigration. des que la date de votre entrevue sera arrètée, nous communiquerons de nouveau avec vous

nous tenons a vous souligner que la teneur de nos dossiers etant strictement confidentielle, nous ne donnons aucun renseignement par telephone concernant des demandes d'immigration

nous vous prions de croire, madame, en l'assurance de nos sentiments les meilleurs

Has anyone else received such a letter and then how much time it will take for the interview to happen? Also will I get another letter or email notifying my interview date?
@ harsha...the letter simply states that you have been put on the waiting list for interview and you will be contacted for your actual date in a later date. And also you should not communicate with them in anyform (email/telephone) until you recieved this new letter

...From my experience you will get an email or letter within the next 2weeks from today asking you to confirm a particular date from the days they will suggest to you...So get yourself ready my Friend and BEST WISHES

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
harsha said:
Hi Guys,

Hey my friend it roughly translate to "We have reviewed your project/files for permanent establishment in quebec and we thank you

for/on this purpose, we wish to inform you that you are enrolled (the 'e' is fem form) on a waiting list for a selection interview with a counselor or conseillier of immigration. (que la date de votre entrevue sera arrètée translate into "of the date of your interview will be stopped",)...you wrote the accents correctly here? it could also means the counselor will contact you with further updates
the remainder of the letter goes as follows we will communicate with you again

we wish to emphasize that your records are being treated with strict confidentiality, we do not give any information by telephone regarding immigration applications

please believe, Madam, the assurances of our best wishes"

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Guys we have further breaking news even though it is at the federal level it could still impact us.

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

The Announcement

This statement has been issued as part of the larger Federal Budget for 2012, which was released on 29 March. The budget includes information for reducing national deficit and creating more fiscally efficient government infrastructure, an integral part of which is tied to immigration policy andprocessing times. As part of this plan, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), is expected to reduce its operating costs by $179 million over the next three years.

The budget mentions that "Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other countries with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process inCanada".
For full story click here: http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canadian-government-slashes-backlog-031472.html

Even though this is at the federal level it still draws some concern for us since after receiving the CSQ we have to go through the federal level. I become fearful because it shows those who have been waiting patiently and felt their applications were safe in queue isn’t. I hope no Quebec applicants were affected by this abrupt move! I also hope Quebec doesn't make such an abrupt move for those who already applied and waiting for CSQ

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Bajan4Quebec said:
Guys we have further breaking news even though it is at the federal level it could still impact us.

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

The Announcement

This statement has been issued as part of the larger Federal Budget for 2012, which was released on 29 March. The budget includes information for reducing national deficit and creating more fiscally efficient government infrastructure, an integral part of which is tied to immigration policy andprocessing times. As part of this plan, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), is expected to reduce its operating costs by $179 million over the next three years.

The budget mentions that "Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other countries with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process inCanada".
For full story click here: http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canadian-government-slashes-backlog-031472.html

Even though this is at the federal level it still draws some concern for us since after receiving the CSQ we have to go through the federal level. I become fearful because it shows those who have been waiting patiently and felt their applications were safe in queue isn't. I hope no Quebec applicants were affected by this abrupt move! I also hope Quebec doesn't make such an abrupt move for those who already applied and waiting for CSQ
Hello Bajan4Quebec,

Thanks for sharing the news. But it quotes the below lines also:

"Government Rationale

The applications being returned are currently only from the FSW program. No additional plans have yet been announced to address backlogs in other immigration categories."

Hence, CIC will not put their hand on other channel such as Canadian PR through Quebec skilled worker class. These category strictly depend on the Quebec Government decision. Quebec has 96000 pending application at the end of 2011. Quebec has recently implemented cap system. So, it is less chance for Quebec to change decision within one year.

So, we are safe for at least one year, most probably.

Lets hope or the best !!!

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
I am guided and I too have the same opinion as you but I shared it because the second part of our PR process is to go through the Federal level and therefore impacted by the changes being made there. you mentioned the figures for 2011 but that is not a true representation as you and I could imagine some applicants from 2010 or 2009...could still be in queue.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
hec006 said:
Hello Bajan4Quebec,

Thanks for sharing the news. But it quotes the below lines also:

"Government Rationale

The applications being returned are currently only from the FSW program. No additional plans have yet been announced to address backlogs in other immigration categories."

Hence, CIC will not put their hand on other channel such as Canadian PR through Quebec skilled worker class. These category strictly depend on the Quebec Government decision. Quebec has 96000 pending application at the end of 2011. Quebec has recently implemented cap system. So, it is less chance for Quebec to change decision within one year.

So, we are safe for at least one year, most probably.

Lets hope or the best !!!
@hec006...so are you saying Quebec and Federal runs differently?..why then do (Quebec/other provinces) still depends on the Federal part to complete their processes?

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Exactly Xse, it's not independent of each other no matter which province all applications eventually pass through the Federal level. @hec006 you are also misleading others if you state that changes wouldnt be made at least for another year since changes could be made at anytime thats why we are always encouraged to apply as soon as possible but now we see even though you applied and waiting patiently changes could be made that directly affects you.

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Bajan4Quebec said:
Exactly Xse, it's not independent of each other no matter which province all applications eventually pass through the Federal level. @ hec006 you are also misleading others if you state that changes wouldnt be made at least for another year since changes could be made at anytime thats why we are always encouraged to apply as soon as possible but now we see even though you applied and waiting patiently changes could be made that directly affects you.
@Bajan4Quebec: Quebec applicants undergoes through Federal part definitely, but Quebec applicants are under QSW category and CIC has implemented the new process only for FSW not for other category, CIC doesn't undergo any type of selection, who are coming through Quebec channel. They just do continue the oficial process. CSQ is the main barrier for getting PR in Canada under Quebec channel. CSQ is strictly dependent on Quebec government. There is a mutual agreement between CIC and BIQ. But, decision on QSW category, strictly depends on Quebec decison, not on CIC.

Moreover, I am not misleading any others and not giving the false information. Yes, people should apply first before reaching the quota for this year. I am encouraging the people and not trying to demotivate them.

Yes, any policy can be implemented at any time. But, this type of decision, such as returning the application, implementing the cap system generally happens for one time in a year. This things has been happened for Australia-PR( New EOI will be implemented in July, 2012)( New point system implemented in July, 2011), UK ( For HSMP- stopping the application in December, 2010 & not processing the application before certain date)previously.

If you have the data you can put forward here, otherwise people will understand that everything based on your personal assumption.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Guys, according to the latest CIC newsletter (http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/quebec-immigration-summary-031444.html), Quebec has divided applications into 3 groups based on areas of training, 2 of which are as follows:

Group 1: Applicants, or their spouses, who hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training (field of study)which allows them to receive 12 or 16 points on the province's selection grid

Group 2: Applicants, or their spouses, who hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training which allows them to receive 6 points under the province's selection grid

An unlimited number of applications will be accepted for Group 1 BUT only 14,300 applications will be accepted for Group 2 between 21 March 2012 and 31 March 2013.

This is very serious in my opinion and I believe all those who have still not applied will be very worried if they are falling in Group 2 because Quebec receives thousands of applications every year which means that the 14,300 threshold will fill up very very fast. :eek:

Can someone please tell me what group does an 'B.Com./M.Com.' degree and a year's work experience in the same field fall under? I think it's Section C which is only 6 points, therefore Group 2 and a cause of BIG WORRY. I want to send my application ASAP but I have just registered with an immigration consultant by paying hefty fees and they take 1 month to dispatch the application whereas if I did it on my own, I could do it in less than a week. I don't know what to do now! :eek: :(

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
nevillek said:
Guys, according to the latest CIC newsletter (http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/quebec-immigration-summary-031444.html), Quebec has divided applications into 3 groups based on areas of training, 2 of which are as follows:

Group 1: Applicants, or their spouses, who hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training (field of study)which allows them to receive 12 or 16 points on the province's selection grid

Group 2: Applicants, or their spouses, who hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training which allows them to receive 6 points under the province's selection grid

An unlimited number of applications will be accepted for Group 1 BUT only 14,300 applications will be accepted for Group 2 between 21 March 2012 and 31 March 2013.

This is very serious in my opinion and I believe all those who have still not applied will be very worried if they are falling in Group 2 because Quebec receives over 100,000 applications every year which means that the 14,300 threshold will fill up very very fast. :eek:

Can someone please tell me what group does an 'B.Com./M.Com.' degree and a year's work experience in the same field fall under? I think it's Section C which is only 6 points, therefore Group 2 and a cause of BIG WORRY. I want to send my application ASAP but I have just registered with an immigration consultant by paying hefty fees and they take 1 month to dispatch the application whereas if I did it on my own, I could do it in less than a week. I don't know what to do now! :eek: :(

Hello nevillek,

thanks for raising the question. In first view, it is very contradictory issue. M.COM/B.COM study all the things such as Accounting, Finance etc. But, So it may be under Finance or Accounting Category. But, as B.Com/M.Com contains mostly accounting part, as per Quebec equivalent education system, B.COM/M.COM falls under category 2 and gets 6 points for AOT.

You can find the same in Training list category pdf. ( It is mentioned as accounting ( DCS-3years)).

You have to apply very fast. Don't worry friend. Don't go for consultancy. they will make it delayed. Go by your self. it wil be within 10 days. There is still time to fill the quota. Here, we all are here to help you. Just gather all the docs, fill the application and send to them ASAP.

There is the probability to implement the training wise cap in near future. then it will be again very tough.

Good Luck...