+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

susanjo09

Mar 26, 2012
a said:
You dont need to bring your kid as only children above 22 will be included in the interview. They wont like as as 2 yrs old kid might cause some distruction and you wont be able to concentrate..... When we had ours we left our 2 yo son at home. Hope this help.

Good luck!

A.
thank u all for the reply...i am a stay at home mom so kid not used with babysitter or daycare...anyway we have one more month so will start sending her.

initially when we applied i was the principal applicant and my husband was the dependent as per our consultant advice but when we got the interview mail it was addressed to my husband,when we asked the consultant they are saying they filed me as principal only maybe the immigration authorities changed it because my husband is the one with no gaps
usually will the immigration authorities do changes like that?or the consultants messed it up ...not sure

anyway its ok for us coz my husband knows french better than me ......:)

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
susanjo09 said:
initially when we applied i was the principal applicant and my husband was the dependent as per our consultant advice but when we got the interview mail it was addressed to my husband,when we asked the consultant they are saying they filed me as principal only maybe the immigration authorities changed it because my husband is the one with no gaps
usually will the immigration authorities do changes like that?or the consultants messed it up ...not sure

anyway its ok for us coz my husband knows french better than me ......:)
hELLO SUSANJO
Sincerely your consultants might have messed it up 100%, because immigration office WILL NEVER change your information for you...NEVER!!!!...immigration lawyers are just after money...l got help from this forum, their are lots of experienced people here in this forum

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
vickyRocks said:
Guys Need ur Advise.

on what rules my application will be treated..

1. I have received my AOR in August 2010.
2. Received Result for preliminary evaluation on september 2010 showing i have total 47 points and short of 2 points. They informed me to send the relevant documents with in 60 days. During that tme i have registered with French school and sent the registration slip that i am learning french.
3. In januar 2011, they sent a letter that you need to provide us with the approved french result e.g DELF,TEFAQ and others.
4. appeared in DELF A1 exam and sent them the official attestation in august/september. Now in March 2012 i also passed my DELF A2 exam and have sent the attestation.

My question is how many marks in French i will have?
What rules will be applied on me, because some one files was processed with new rules, even he applied in october 2010?

And most importantly i have applied without any knowledge of French Language.
Guys Need your comments on this query..

God bless u all.
Hello VickyRocks,

First of all, I want to give you a BIG THANK for letting know your case. Yes, in the previous post, you can see user walkingmarvel has faced the same issue ( i.e 16/25 rule) in his french result. I have mentioned Quebec2011 has faced same issue. Even though they have applied long before in 2010. Hence, Others will not be exceptional unless they are lucky. :) They are just using French test as cutoff for selection. So that, they can control the number of application. The actual knowledge of french is not the criteria, but the cutting off the number of applicants based on the rule is actual motive.

So, please prepare yourself as per new rule, no matter when you have applied.

"Need not to worry abt conjoint applicant french test result. But, consider principal applicant french as well as English result as per the cut off marks in new rule."

But my question is:-

I think that you have received you preliminary review result on september 2010, that is right after getting the AOR. Correct?

But, as I know, people get preliminary review result, just before getting the interview call. So, what is actual time for getting preliminary review result? If any applicant crosses the cutoff marks, then he/she will not get preliminary review result before the interview?

Please correct me, I am wrong.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
hec006 said:
Hello VickyRocks,

First of all, I want to give you a BIG THANK( ur welcome mate) for letting know your case. Yes, in the previous post, you can see user walkingmarvel has faced the same issue ( i.e 16/25 rule) in his french result. I have mentioned Quebec2011 has faced same issue. Even though they have applied long before in 2010. Hence, Others will not be exceptional unless they are lucky. :) They are just using French test as cutoff for selection. So that, they can control the number of application. The actual knowledge of french is not the criteria, but the cutting off the number of applicants based on the rule is actual motive.( but i think the rule should be when the AOR was received it & same should be applied)

So, please prepare yourself as per new rule, no matter when you have applied.(what are my score as per new rules? for A1 and A2 as i need only two points to reach 49 total and further more i did not score 16/25 marks in my A1 and A2 exam)"Need not to worry abt conjoint applicant french test result. But, consider principal applicant french(do u know the requirements for Principal applicant french, as i indicated no french language at the time of application) as well as English result( i got 6/6 in English as per old rules, and i think that my whole aplpication should be treated including my french as per old rules) as per the cut off marks in new rule(do explain the cut off marks as per new rule)."

But my question is:-

I think that you have received you preliminary review result on september 2010, that is right after getting the AOR. Correct? ( yes, i received just after one month of receivingmy AOR)

But, as I know, people get preliminary review result, just before getting the interview call (but i think, the reason for sending me was to show that to submit any document which can give u 2 points, that why i did all the process of getting french registration and appearing in DELF afterwards) So, what is actual time for getting preliminary review result? If any applicant crosses the cutoff marks, then he/she will not get preliminary review result before the interview ( i think it depends, my case is an example for it, that every one can have result any time before/after interview, you can except anything from BIQ)

Please correct me, I am wrong.
GUYS, every one, please share ur feedback this query is really getting on my nerves...thanks and t/c

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
In French,We required 16 or more than 16 out 25 or we must require more than 16.Becuase I got 16 out of 25.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
walkingmarvel said:
Once the CSQ was issued, interviewer's expressions completely changed and looked very cheerful.

Cheers.
Congratulations for your CSQ. You mentioned that your wife is carrying, congrats for that!.
My question is once afte baby is born do you need to apply for CSQ for your baby? what is the procedure?

-Thanks
-Malatesh

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c82 said:
In French,We required 16 or more than 16 out 25 or we must require more than 16.Becuase I got 16 out of 25. .. if you get 16 or more than 16, then you will get points of that level.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
walkingmarvel said:
Hello Rase,
I am new to this thread. My interview done on the 15th March, CSQ issued. Here is the briefing of the interview.

My wife main applicant. I am the dependant.
As we entered the interview cabin, we greeted the officer in French. In response we received nothing (No nod, no word). So we quietly moved forward and grabbed the chairs.

The officer introduced himself in French and started the interview. Asked us few basic questions in French like what were our names, where do we live and how did we arrive for the interview. I guess this 10 mins was the most French that we communicated.

It was basic French, yet the altar of interview made us a bit nervous.
Requested our passports, to verify the name and stuff.
Then he followed according to the CSQ application form. Now the conversation was in English. As per the points that we claimed, he started requesting originals of Education & Employment.
Following questions were based on it, like:
What is your degree equivalent to in Quebec?
What were the subjects that you had?
Responsibilities and duties at current work?
Current job is classified under what list in the skilled market of Canada?
Any name of the companies in Quebec, providing the same employment as current?

He also requested to look at any latest letters to prove the current employment status, pay slips and bank statements to prove it.
After this next set of questions were on the language skills. I remember that during our application there wasn't any need of IELTS. Also we had an experience of being in UK and working there for nearly 7 years; that was our argument but from his facial expressions I could figure out that he did not allocate those points.
We had our DELF A1/A2 for both of us.

Until now, I was under impression that passing a DELF was quite enough to get u respective points of the levels. However, he brought to our attention that we did not have enough marks to score points in the Oral section. I guess the marks reflect 14 & he said it should be above 16 (I am not exactly sure abt the figures). So even that was a moral breaking ground.
Ultimately he came upon asking us some information about Quebec. The questions were:
Names of three cities in Quebec.
Brief explanation about Quebec.

I have to say that considering the objections, I thought the outcome would be negative. Also as he raised issues like proving our level of English, showing pessimistic expressions on my pay slips as they were black & white online print outs, it all added up to demoralise us till the end.
Also at one stage, I remember the interviewer clearly telling us that: He has travelled to Delhi from HongKong to check out original papers. We have to impress them with information and papers, that's what they expect from us. If we want CSQ, we need to provide them with robust documents.

But at last when he calculated the points and added the remark that oh, we have got a daughter and we are able to score the points because of that. We were quite at ease then.
Interview lasted nearly one and half hour. Mostly it was in English and all the questions were surrounded in the region of questions I have stated above.

If a question was addressed to the main applicant, I was restricted in giving any explanation until the question was meant for me.
My wife is pregnant again. We did inform it to them via email when the interview was confirmed. But he did not utter a single word on it. After getting the CSQ even we did not gather enough guts to inquire abt it.
Once the CSQ was issued, interviewer's expressions completely changed and looked very cheerful.

Cheers.
woow, thats a breath taking things..
I felt as if I was in your place while reading and frankly speaking its quite TOUGH :eek:

Anyways, Congratulations on receiving the CSQ :D

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Group 2

A maximum number of 14,300 applications will be accepted between 21 March 2012 and 31 March 2013 in this category. Applicants will be classified into Group 2 if they fall under one of the following two situations:

1. Applicants, or their spouses, who hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training which allows them to receive 6 points under the province’s selection grid may apply under Group 2.
Guys, how to know whether we fall under Group 1 or 2?

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
walkingmarvel said:
Hello Rase,
I am new to this thread. My interview done on the 15th March, CSQ issued. Here is the briefing of the interview.

My wife main applicant. I am the dependant.
As we entered the interview cabin, we greeted the officer in French. In response we received nothing (No nod, no word). So we quietly moved forward and grabbed the chairs.

The officer introduced himself in French and started the interview. Asked us few basic questions in French like what were our names, where do we live and how did we arrive for the interview. I guess this 10 mins was the most French that we communicated.

It was basic French, yet the altar of interview made us a bit nervous.
Requested our passports, to verify the name and stuff.
Then he followed according to the CSQ application form. Now the conversation was in English. As per the points that we claimed, he started requesting originals of Education & Employment.
Following questions were based on it, like:
What is your degree equivalent to in Quebec?
What were the subjects that you had?
Responsibilities and duties at current work?
Current job is classified under what list in the skilled market of Canada?
Any name of the companies in Quebec, providing the same employment as current?

He also requested to look at any latest letters to prove the current employment status, pay slips and bank statements to prove it.
After this next set of questions were on the language skills. I remember that during our application there wasn't any need of IELTS. Also we had an experience of being in UK and working there for nearly 7 years; that was our argument but from his facial expressions I could figure out that he did not allocate those points.
We had our DELF A1/A2 for both of us.

Until now, I was under impression that passing a DELF was quite enough to get u respective points of the levels. However, he brought to our attention that we did not have enough marks to score points in the Oral section. I guess the marks reflect 14 & he said it should be above 16 (I am not exactly sure abt the figures). So even that was a moral breaking ground.
Ultimately he came upon asking us some information about Quebec. The questions were:
Names of three cities in Quebec.
Brief explanation about Quebec.

I have to say that considering the objections, I thought the outcome would be negative. Also as he raised issues like proving our level of English, showing pessimistic expressions on my pay slips as they were black & white online print outs, it all added up to demoralise us till the end.
Also at one stage, I remember the interviewer clearly telling us that: He has travelled to Delhi from HongKong to check out original papers. We have to impress them with information and papers, that's what they expect from us. If we want CSQ, we need to provide them with robust documents.

But at last when he calculated the points and added the remark that oh, we have got a daughter and we are able to score the points because of that. We were quite at ease then.
Interview lasted nearly one and half hour. Mostly it was in English and all the questions were surrounded in the region of questions I have stated above.

If a question was addressed to the main applicant, I was restricted in giving any explanation until the question was meant for me.
My wife is pregnant again. We did inform it to them via email when the interview was confirmed. But he did not utter a single word on it. After getting the CSQ even we did not gather enough guts to inquire abt it.

Cheers.
Congrats friend for CSQ !!!

What we can't do... One small kid can do... Your kid has given you a new life!!! new opportunity... new world !!! Try to remember this thing for whole part of your life. :))

From yours and many others interview experience, I can understand that if your french level is high then they will try to communicate in French, otherwise they can continue in English and give the CSQ if you cross the threshold limit for points.

If your french level is very high, then they will start to communicate in French to better establish the immigration. But, any how pint is the main criteria surrounding your knowledge on Quebec. :)

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
wow, the interviewer was playing good cop bad cop all by himself huh... ;D but anyways, you've come out fine and won the csq ! congrats.

guess when we go for our interviews, it will pay to be calm and be prepared well around these topics. main take-away is that bring ALL originals, study your application form well & not contradict info declared in there. have solid reasons for not having any document or something.

congrats again and thanks for sharing your exp.

walkingmarvel said:
Hello Rase,

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
nevillek

You can find the info here.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-receipt.html

In short you are in Group 1 if
  • You temporarily reside in Québec as a temporary worker
  • You reside temporarily in Québec as a foreign student
  • You have obtained a diploma/degree from a Québec teaching institution
  • You or your spouse hold a diploma from a Quebec Institute in an area of training allowing you to get 12 or 16 points under the AoT criterion http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-12-16.pdf
  • You or spouse has an employment offer from a Quebec employer validated by MICC
  • CIC informed you that your application for permanent residence in Canada was admissible for processing
  • You reside temporarily in Québec, you were a Canadian citizen at one time and you are submitting you application in Québec

Group 2

nevillek said:
Guys, how to know whether we fall under Group 1 or 2?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@ walkingmarvel...
Congratulations to both of you for your CSQ !
Your interviewer seems to be a very tough & strict guy ! But I m happy that finally you sail though it successfully. :)
Wish you good luck for federal application. :)

As you mentioned in your post that after knowing that you have a daughter, he gave you awarded points for child and with this points you reached to the required points.

So can u tell us how many points were give you for each criteria? If possible can u share your details and points given to you for each details.
Also, you must check for the process of getting CSQ for your to be born baby.
only after getting this info, you should proceed for filing your federal PR application.

@ forum members....

This is another instance of treating older application as per the new rules which we have seen especially for applicants appearing @ New Delhi for their interview.
Previously, quebec2011 was also given language points as per new rules, though he submitted his application in 2010.
So it is for sure, who will recieve interview call to attend @ ND, be prepared for similar treatment.

Lets also check if this is the same scenario with other VO too. pls share your interview experiences.