+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
arunkumarsachin said:
Hi,

Actually the Provident fund is maintained by my current employer and I able to download this PF letter from company portal. In this letter, the company, address, Contact details and contribution of PF amount from employer & employee as on current month are mentioned. In this case, do I need to get any reference letter from my employer or PF government office regarding this.

Is this letter sufficient to show proof of funds for applying CIC and SINP streams. please suggest on this.

Mine is ditto case. so what did you do finally??

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
melmathews said:
Hi Canada2425 did you get the Stamped PF Statement in the required format?
Yes. They would have a pre-defined template to cater such requests.
What I got: A certificate (Employee Share, Employer Share, Pension Amount) + Account Statement.

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Guys, pl help!!

I want to show POF through PF. The PF is maintained by my company, so I cannot get any letter/proof from PF office. Now my question is this - Is a print out of PF statement obtained through Company's intranet (giving details of joining, DOB, name, amount as on month, etc) on company letter head enough?

Can I also show statement of investments in SIP??

Thanks in advance.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
jtoc said:
Guys, pl help!!

I want to show POF through PF. The PF is maintained by my company, so I cannot get any letter/proof from PF office. Now my question is this - Is a print out of PF statement obtained through Company's intranet (giving details of joining, DOB, name, amount as on month, etc) on company letter head enough?

Can I also show statement of investments in SIP??

Thanks in advance.
try and get the letter from your employer that your PF amount will be released to your account if you resign. Upload this letter along with your PF statement.
MFs are not accepted as proof, liquidate them and then show as POF

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunchaser said:
Buddy pla share your experience with Pune EPFO. Mine is also a similar case. Did you manage to get the statement?
Mine is similar case. Will be visiting PF office in couple of weeks, as expecting ITA on 8th March. Any suggestions?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
I am guessing it would be a similar situation at every PF office, more or less.
I got it done from PF office Mumbai (vashi). It took around 3 hours since asst. Commissioner was in a meeting. They issued me the statement( signed and stamped), asked me to give photocopy of pan and aadhar. It was a smooth process though I had to make him understand that I was not asking to withdraw my PF funds, just want to show the as proof.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
softwaretesting said:
Mine is similar case. Will be visiting PF office in couple of weeks, as expecting ITA on 8th March. Any suggestions?
I had a very bad experience at PF Noida office. The PF commissioner was not at all interested to give me a certificate.

Instead what I did was I downloaded PF statements online from UAN website and took a letter from my employer that my PF account number is so and so and is maintained by PF commissioner Noida office. Also my employer mentioned on letter head that entire PF amount can be withdrawn if moving to abroad for permanent settlement. Same is mentioned on PF website.

But for me PF funds were over and above required funds.

Bdrm

Feb 1, 2017
Hi

Your post is very informative. Actually the reciepts you have shared on the blog, the dropbox account didnot work for me. Can we connect on whatsapp. I need information pls regarding the PF thing only?

Actually my PF account is maintained by PF office in Nabha, Chandigarh. So, is it that only Chandigarh office can give me a statement or anywhere in India, can I request?? I belong to Hyderabad. Also, does online statement of the passbook work??

Thanks
KR
BD

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Bdrm said:
Hi

Your post is very informative. Actually the reciepts you have shared on the blog, the dropbox account didnot work for me. Can we connect on whatsapp. I need information pls regarding the PF thing only?

Actually my PF account is maintained by PF office in Nabha, Chandigarh. So, is it that only Chandigarh office can give me a statement or anywhere in India, can I request?? I belong to Hyderabad. Also, does online statement of the passbook work??

Thanks
KR
BD
Only the office that maintains your PF account will stamp it for you.
option 1. You can ask one of your friends to go there (you have to give them authority letter)
option 2. Some people have downloaded the EPF Passbook, UAN card and got a letter from employer that they will release EPF funds upon your resignation.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalg said:
Only the office that maintains your PF account will stamp it for you.
option 1. You can ask one of your friends to go there (you have to give them authority letter)
option 2. Some people have downloaded the EPF Passbook, UAN card and got a letter from employer that they will release EPF funds upon your resignation.
I am not able to download EPF Passbook. It seems it is not uploaded for me.

Also, I'm in Pune while my organization's EPF is in Mumbai. Looks like, I'll have to take a day's off for this :(.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
This is a great post. This is a query that many folks from India have, I mean who has the entire 8 Lac rupees excluding PF? :) Double thanks for uploading your documents on dropbox (I was able to download). In the coming days, I'm going to use this process to get my statement from the PF office in Pune.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys -

In my case, I had put lot of jugaad and got to speak to PF commissioner in Mumbai who told me that everything is available in the website managed by govt. of India, and that we should download and use it. The PF office has stopped issuing letters.

I explained to him the reason why I would need such a letter, to which he said I could download the PF statement from the website, and write a LOE mentioning the clause under which any PF account holder could withdraw his/her PF funds.

The clauses (SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER) are available here : http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

So,I prepared the LOE / PF Balance Certificate by my own and to be on a safe side, I got it notarized too.

I submitted this letter along with the PF statement. The format of the letter I prepared was like this :

The PF balance in respect of <PF Account holder name> bearing account number <PF Account Number> as on <Date> is :
EE Share : <Amount>
ER Share : <Amount>

Total amount available for withdrawal : <Amount>

*The amount can be withdrawn by the account holder under para 69 (1)(c) as specified in the table below :

WEBSITE REFERENCE - http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER:

THROUGH FORM No.19
Immediate settlement without waiting period of 2 months:

69(1)(a) Retirement after attaining 55 years of age.
69(1)(b) Retirement on account of total and permanent incapacity due to bodily or mental infirmity .
69(1)(d) Termination of service on retrenchment.
69(1)(dd) Termination on V.R.S
Note: For female members leaving service for the purpose of getting married; waiting period not applicable.
69(1)(c) Migration from India for permanent settlement abroad or taking employment abroad.

I suggest you use this template and try getting this on company letter head with HR dept stamp/sign. If they don't give it on the letterhead, atleast use a normal A4 sheet.
Make sure the statement along with the PF balance certificate is notarized regardless of HR signs on it or not.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
rohitbites said:
Guys -

In my case, I had put lot of jugaad and got to speak to PF commissioner in Mumbai who told me that everything is available in the website managed by govt. of India, and that we should download and use it. The PF office has stopped issuing letters.

I explained to him the reason why I would need such a letter, to which he said I could download the PF statement from the website, and write a LOE mentioning the clause under which any PF account holder could withdraw his/her PF funds.

The clauses (SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER) are available here : http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

So,I prepared the LOE / PF Balance Certificate by my own and to be on a safe side, I got it notarized too.

I submitted this letter along with the PF statement. The format of the letter I prepared was like this :

The PF balance in respect of <PF Account holder name> bearing account number <PF Account Number> as on <Date> is :
EE Share : <Amount>
ER Share : <Amount>

Total amount available for withdrawal : <Amount>

*The amount can be withdrawn by the account holder under para 69 (1)(c) as specified in the table below :

WEBSITE REFERENCE - http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER:

THROUGH FORM No.19
Immediate settlement without waiting period of 2 months:

69(1)(a) Retirement after attaining 55 years of age.
69(1)(b) Retirement on account of total and permanent incapacity due to bodily or mental infirmity .
69(1)(d) Termination of service on retrenchment.
69(1)(dd) Termination on V.R.S
Note: For female members leaving service for the purpose of getting married; waiting period not applicable.
69(1)(c) Migration from India for permanent settlement abroad or taking employment abroad.

I suggest you use this template and try getting this on company letter head with HR dept stamp/sign. If they don't give it on the letterhead, atleast use a normal A4 sheet.
Make sure the statement along with the PF balance certificate is notarized regardless of HR signs on it or not.
This is a great piece of information. Thanks for sharing Rohit.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share information that PF Portals are currently not working. You will not be able to download Passbook. Also, I called EPF Bandra office & am told that even they will not be able to provide certificate as servers are down. Please share here if someone gets any info.

Thanks

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
softwaretesting said:
Just want to share information that PF Portals are currently not working. You will not be able to download Passbook. Also, I called EPF Bandra office & am told that even they will not be able to provide certificate as servers are down. Please share here if someone gets any info.

Thanks
Bandra office is large office in terms of operation. You would need to go there and meet the commissioner (he is as good as an IAS officer). Go with the request letter, you need to convince them a bit and they will accept your request and may give you the report the same day or ask you to come the next day. Last week one of my friends went there to collect his statement.