+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

Ramesh Ainam

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
(Letter Specimen attached in the below link: **1.Request_Letter.jpg**)
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
(Receipt specimen attached in the below link: **2.Receipt.jpg**)
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cck762oghhd4z04/AACA6MmTZIx3rtUzH4cZNIrPa?dl=0

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

All the very best for your immigration.

gmreddy

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
27-01-2016 (ITA)
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
April 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

Thank you for the detailed write up Mr. Ramesh.

Reactions: Mnadiadi and CV30

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
+1 to you for the amazing information you have shared about Employee Provident information.
Keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

Ramesh, thanks for taking out time to detail this out. +1 for the effort. All the best with your application process.

amitsolanki14

Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
Hello All,

Just an experience that i would like to share with you all, I had uploaded the UAN Passbook (Online Statement of PF) for PF and it was accepted.
How i came to know this is via my GCMS notes. Did not do any attestation as such for that online statement.

Amit

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

Great Info...

+1 to you

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

Thanks for such informative post.
My pf is maintained by my employer.

Can anyone suggest, if the PF slip by employer be sufficient enough? or do I need to attach any further document with it?

Regards,
Aditya Verma

amitsolanki14

Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
aditya127 said:
Hi,

Thanks for such informative post.
My pf is maintained by my employer.

Can anyone suggest, if the PF slip by employer be sufficient enough? or do I need to attach any further document with it?

Regards,
Aditya Verma
Hi Aditya,

I assume that should be good to go as its a legal proof, also dont you have a UAN number ?

If you have then you can simply login to UAN portal and get your details

Amit

davidravi

Jan 25, 2015
amitsolanki14 said:
Hello All,

Just an experience that i would like to share with you all, I had uploaded the UAN Passbook (Online Statement of PF) for PF and it was accepted.
How i came to know this is via my GCMS notes. Did not do any attestation as such for that online statement.

Amit
Thanks Amit for the confirmation on the PF statements.

The consultant through whom I was processing my application, they told PF can not be shown as PoF in Express Entry. But she told, PF was acceptable as PoF before Express Entry came to into effect.

Good know that PF is still valid as PoF.

Thanks,
Ravi.

amitsolanki14

Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
davidravi said:
Thanks Amit for the confirmation on the PF statements.

The consultant through whom I was processing my application, they told PF can not be shown as PoF in Express Entry. But she told, PF was acceptable as PoF before Express Entry came to into effect.

Good know that PF is still valid as PoF.

Thanks,
Ravi.
Not sure what to believe buddy, my consultant said its valid and 30-40% of the overall amount can be used.
In my case it was accepted but cannot say how much

Best of Luck

Amit

davidravi

Jan 25, 2015
amitsolanki14 said:
Not sure what to believe buddy, my consultant said its valid and 30-40% of the overall amount can be used.
In my case it was accepted but cannot say how much

Best of Luck

Amit
In your case, PF was within 30-40% range?

amitsolanki14

Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
davidravi said:
In your case, PF was within 30-40% range?
Brother i already said i am not sure how much they accepted

Amit

coolkaps75

Jun 3, 2014
amitsolanki14 said:
Hello All,

Amit
Hi Amit,

I have submitted the PF statement online for my SINP application along with MF and FDs. all were in the form of online statement.

Did you also use the online statement for your rest of the documents? how is your experience?

thanks
KK