+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pretoria, South Africa office (No response online visitors application)

zimbo79

Jun 12, 2015
Thanks for the well wishes for our VISA.....the passports arrived in Harare today.....seems a bit soon? I think that there system is very slow and they don't update their tracking properly. Unless it was an overnight shipment?

Unfortunately it was denied citing every reason they could give. It doesn't matter now for us and there's no point in them applying again. I pray you all get your VISA soon and please let me know because although I don't know any of you here personally I can take comfort that you were luckier than us!

Honestly, something needs to change with the Visitor visa denials no other country is like this.

Good luck everyone! Blessings.

Nousherwan

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Very sorry to know .
But we are still well wisher to you.
Hopefully you will get the best opportunity in your life
Be bless
Shary

zimbo79

Jun 12, 2015
Thanks guys. Don't let this scare you - they have never travelled overseas before and we support them financially so I think that played a big part in it. Her husband (my brother) also just passed away so they think she won't leave Canada. Such a shame.

Joelle121

Jun 24, 2015
Hi Guys

I have also applied for a Visitor's visa for my Mum online(Pretoria Office) and I have not sent her passport yet. I have lodged the application on 11 May 2015 and still no answer.... :'(

When do I have to send her passport to the Pretoria office?

Thank you

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
Now its 3 of us who applied on the 11th of May with no response yet. You will only send your passport if you get an email asking for it, in that case it means they will grant you the visa unless you got issues in your passport such as overstaying stamps or bans etc then they can change their decision. If you are not getting the visa you will simply get a rejection email. :-*

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
hwa said:
Hi Teeeeeeee.

I did my application on May 6 for travel on July 2. About two weeks ago I sent a tweet to the Canadian High Commission in SA (CanHCZA) asking if there was anybody I could contact about the visa. Whoever is was behind that account asked me for some info and later that afternoon I was asked to send in my passport. It might be worth it from that perspective. I'd urge that tweeting the HC is reserved for desperate situations like yours in case they stop helping people out because they get bombarded with messages.

I did not do my application through VFS, but online through CIC. I read about some people having issues getting their passports back from the HC using a courier so I sent my passport though VFS. I just had to make sure that when VFS said that the passport was ready I sent a letter of authority, a copy of my ID and the letter confirming my application.

Got the passport back yesterday - was a bit thrown that the visa did not have my picture, but it seems that that is the norm.

Thanks a bunch let me try that.. :-(

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
hwa said:
Hi Teeeeeeee.

I did my application on May 6 for travel on July 2. About two weeks ago I sent a tweet to the Canadian High Commission in SA (CanHCZA) asking if there was anybody I could contact about the visa. Whoever is was behind that account asked me for some info and later that afternoon I was asked to send in my passport. It might be worth it from that perspective. I'd urge that tweeting the HC is reserved for desperate situations like yours in case they stop helping people out because they get bombarded with messages.

I did not do my application through VFS, but online through CIC. I read about some people having issues getting their passports back from the HC using a courier so I sent my passport though VFS. I just had to make sure that when VFS said that the passport was ready I sent a letter of authority, a copy of my ID and the letter confirming my application.

Got the passport back yesterday - was a bit thrown that the visa did not have my picture, but it seems that that is the norm.

Thank you so much , i did just as you said and it happened exacly as you said. I got my passport request email in my cic account soon after i sent my details in their tweeter inbox upon their request.. Blowing kisses you way... :-*

fayeanne

Jun 25, 2015
Hi! I submitted my application last May 26, 2015, and I haven't received any update yet. It has been 28 business days, and I will be traveling (not to Canada yet) by July 10. :'(

Is there any way I can expedite my application?

Thanks!

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
You cant make the process go faster but if you need your passport back for an emergency they can give it you then you send it back when you are ready. ;)

Nousherwan

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Congratulations Teeeeeee

You are 3rd one who gothe visa within 50 days from pretoria office

Pls let me one thing , your occasion for which you applied to attend still valid or date has been passed .Mean they issue visa after your planed date .

Thanks and congratulations

Nousherwan

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Zimbo applied after 63 days , got refusal .sorry for that

Obed applied visa on 22 April and 5th Jun got passport request like 45 days ....congrats
Teeeeeee applied on 11th May and 25th June got passport request like round about 45 days .congrats

Hwa applied 6 th may and got back 23 June with visa about 48 days. Congrats

Dadath applied on 11 th may waiting ...wish you good luck

shary applied on 14 may waiting ..me also wish good luck

joelle applied 11th May waiting .wish you good luck

Fayeanne applied 26 th may and waiting ..wish you good luck

the average processing time is 45 to 50 days from pretoria office

Thanks

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
Nousherwan said:
Congratulations Teeeeeee

You are 3rd one who gothe visa within 50 days from pretoria office

Pls let me one thing , your occasion for which you applied to attend still valid or date has been passed .Mean they issue visa after your planed date .

Thanks and congratulations
Yes, applied to go from 2nd of July to 16 August.. Will let you know when i get the visa put in my passport... :D

hwa

Jun 24, 2015
Teeeeeeee said:
Thank you so much , i did just as you said and it happened exacly as you said. I got my passport request email in my cic account soon after i sent my details in their tweeter inbox upon their request.. Blowing kisses you way... :-*
:D

My passport got to them on a Friday afternoon and was ready for pickup the following Wednesday. That was with the public holiday on the Tuesday between. Any which way you need to be quick to get it back by 2 July!