+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pretoria, South Africa office (No response online visitors application)

zimbo79

Jun 12, 2015
Hi all - I'm in Canada we applied for a TRV for my sister-in-law and niece to visit us (hopefully soon!)
Application submitted April 22 at VFS in Harare (passports included in application)
Got an email that day saying it is being processed in Pretoria (?? seemed a bit soon since it hadn't even left Harare yet)
Still waiting for any update as of today.
Should we be concerned? The VFS office said it would take at least 30 business days when she applied then now they are saying another 30 business days. Has anyone applied through VFS?

I'm so grateful for this thread!

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
I know for sure that Harare doesn't process applications anymore , its all done in Pretoria. I applied online though and still no update on my applications. Applied 11 may, so hang in there. Pretoria seems to take a while actually. From what i have been reading about 35 days plus... So sad and yet processing time should be 19 days... Just be sure about the location of your passports and keep track, .. :-X However your processing time is now uncertain because you don''t know when the applications got to Pretoria. I think call the Harare office maybe and ask if and when they left. Good Luck

zimbo79

Jun 12, 2015
Thanks Teeeeeeee much appreciated. Yes it is so frustrating and nobody will answer any questions :'( I'll keep you posted on our application and hope that it helps you estimate your timeline. And I thought the application itself was confusing!! :eek: We are just so desperate at this point because this will be our only chance for a visit longer than a month with my brothers widow and daughter because she starts primary school in 2016 and we can't take her out of school once she starts.
Thanks again and good luck to you too! :)

Nousherwan

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Hi
Pls when you will get any information pls update them
Bcose I did apply also on 14th of May but did not get any information
Thanks

dadataha

Jun 23, 2015
Hello Teeee,
I also have applied for an online visa on the 11th of May, and yet no answer :'( . Have you heard from them?

zimbo79

Jun 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I went on the VFS tracking site today and instead of the usual processing message it was this:
"Visa application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office PRETORIA, on 23/06/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

NOTE - I DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL UPDATE SO CHECK TRACKING DAILY!

Unfortunately we won't know until the passports are open if they were approved but we are praying!!!! (Even though is says PROCESSED passport this is not confirmation of a Visitors Visa correct?? Does anyone know if there are different wording they use for refused ones when submitted by mail?)

I hope this helps those still waiting.

*Timeline*
April 22/15 - Applied at VFS Harare (passports went with the application)
June 23/15 - Tracking page updated to say passports en route back to Harare
TBD - Passports arrive in Harare (will update this thread when they arrive)

hwa

Jun 24, 2015
Teeeeeeee said:
38 days and counting.... :eek: :( :( :( , I am supposed to leave on the 2nd of July... :eek: :eek: :mad:
Hi Teeeeeeee.

I did my application on May 6 for travel on July 2. About two weeks ago I sent a tweet to the Canadian High Commission in SA (CanHCZA) asking if there was anybody I could contact about the visa. Whoever is was behind that account asked me for some info and later that afternoon I was asked to send in my passport. It might be worth it from that perspective. I'd urge that tweeting the HC is reserved for desperate situations like yours in case they stop helping people out because they get bombarded with messages.

I did not do my application through VFS, but online through CIC. I read about some people having issues getting their passports back from the HC using a courier so I sent my passport though VFS. I just had to make sure that when VFS said that the passport was ready I sent a letter of authority, a copy of my ID and the letter confirming my application.

Got the passport back yesterday - was a bit thrown that the visa did not have my picture, but it seems that that is the norm.