+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post IP blues?

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Is it a thing? Haha.

At first was the rush of getting the app together. then sending it, tracking it with purolator. Then getting AOR was SUCH an event for us. SA came super fast after AOR, then the file was transferred, went IP, and we got the 3rd line and it says 'started processing on Fev 3' on the applicant's side. We hadn't sent in the FBI as it took forever, we sent it in and according to purolator it arrived this morning.

So now.. We just sit, wait for DM, and hope to anyone listening that the FBI got to our file. And that's about it, eh?

Just after all that running around and no progress and then progress and now.. the file is in Ottawa, it's in process, and we just.. wait. Haha. Just wondering if people find this period kind of.. uneventful.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
ayrazar said:
Is it a thing? Haha.

At first was the rush of getting the app together. then sending it, tracking it with purolator. Then getting AOR was SUCH an event for us. SA came super fast after AOR, then the file was transferred, went IP, and we got the 3rd line and it says 'started processing on Fev 3' on the applicant's side. We hadn't sent in the FBI as it took forever, we sent it in and according to purolator it arrived this morning.

So now.. We just sit, wait for DM, and hope to anyone listening that the FBI got to our file. And that's about it, eh?

Just after all that running around and no progress and then progress and now.. the file is in Ottawa, it's in process, and we just.. wait. Haha. Just wondering if people find this period kind of.. uneventful.
I giggled reading you post...looks like there are highs and lows with CIC applications.
Wish you all the best!

*Mandie*

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Absolutely true! SA comes relatively fast . . . and then . . . NOTHING . . . Just have to sit and wait, being patient the toughest part.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Looks like you are on track to have a fast application. The best thing to do is stop looking for a couple months (aside from your email just in case they request anything).

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
If they do request who's email would it go to? They seem unwilling to send me, the sponsor, anything via email.

I should stop looking but it's hard :p

I am so into the habit of checking like it's a lifeline!

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
Aquakitty said:
Looks like you are on track to have a fast application. The best thing to do is stop looking for a couple months (aside from your email just in case they request anything).
Haha I tried this and I think I managed one day ::)

It definitely gets depressing looking every day and seeing no progress, especially after all the milestones which happen pretty quickly at the beginning. If like me you can't stop checking, you'll eventually get so used to seeing "In Process" that you'll get quite the shock when it changes. Mine changed to DM today and I had to log out and back in again to make sure it was right!

Waiting is the hardest part, hang in there its almost over!

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
Yep, we got our SA after about 2 months, then In Process happened after 4 more and shorty after 2 more COPR was received in the mail. So I think you are doing good 8)

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Post IP blues is sooooo real. When we first sent in our application, I thought it was a mistake that I received something so quickly. We applied April 15th, received acknowledgment of our application on May 8th, then on May 22nd we received another email that we were approved. I had my hopes up that once they sent it to our VO in Amman that I would get the same e-mails (an email acknowledging receiving our application) and we got nothing. Then I started to go crazy that it went missing while in transit and then read in the Amman thread that the VO doesnt send anything out unless they want additional documents and or a DM is made.

Every monring it has become routine to check my email, my Husbands email, our eCas. Ive finally learnt that the more I wait for it the longer it will feel that time will go my slow. So I try not to open my mail app the first thing in the morning.

Bleh. Just want this to be over soon! Good luck to all who are waiting :)

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
I know. I'll have to learn to ignore it haha. Check weekly or whatever. Pick a day I hate and turn it into magical check eCas day.

I wonder how long it'll be from IP to DM. I was trying to look at Ottawa's usually time between those but got myself all bent out of shape with the spreadsheets :p

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
ayrazar said:
I know. I'll have to learn to ignore it haha. Check weekly or whatever. Pick a day I hate and turn it into magical check eCas day.

I wonder how long it'll be from IP to DM. I was trying to look at Ottawa's usually time between those but got myself all bent out of shape with the spreadsheets :p

SA to DM for 2015 averages about 5 months through the Ottawa office. So we have a lot of waiting to do!

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
ayrazar said:

Ordering CIC notes has helped the *blues* thing, if you do that at the beginning of each month then there is a piece of mind and in a way you can keep a closer look on your file(cause call centers are useless). It wouldn't cost much extra, $5 each time.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
o6ocpaka said:
Ordering CIC notes has helped the *blues* thing, if you do that at the beginning of each month then there is a piece of mind and in a way you can keep a closer look on your file(cause call centers are useless). It wouldn't cost much extra, $5 each time.
I heard this isnt much worth it until a couple months past IP, tho?

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
No one really knows how CIC processes work exactly, we have ordered twice before IP and each time there was updated data

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
o6ocpaka said:
No one really knows how CIC processes work exactly, we have ordered twice before IP and each time there was updated data
Hokay, I'll let it sit in IP a month and then order so I know what's up :3

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Tomorrow marks 3 months since they received my app (91 days). Argggg. How am I gonna last ~3 months before COPR.