Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
it's not just the blues for me... i almost went mad last weekend by overthinking things. i feel anger at how the CIC takes so long to process apps and yet are so quick to deny TRVs to our spouses, i feel sadness thinking about how there's people thinking that 1 year is quick in terms of spousal sponsorship, i feel impatient at not knowing how long it'll take and whether they'll delay my app by calling my wife in for an interview... it's just a whole mix of feelings and i literally lost sleep over this.

then there's also people bragging about how quickly they got DMs. yeah sure i'm happy for them, but is it really necessary to tell the whole world about it when you know there's other people who have been stuck in limbo for years? it's one thing to update threads/spreadsheets and contribute to stat tracking, but starting a new thread just to let everyone know about DM is totally unnecessary.

i actually decided last week that if they reject our app, i won't even bother appealing it; i'll just move to my wife's country and spend the rest of my life there. honestly the best thing to do is stay clear of these forums for a while unless you've got a question to ask (yeah i know i'm not following my own advice lol). regarding gcms notes, i'd say definitely do it. i ordered mine a few days ago and it gives me something to look forward to. maybe i'll get lucky and see that eligibility has passed.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
I understand that stuff, I obsess about things too. Often all night.

When I didn't get AOR are people who applied after were, it did really bother me. It was hard to feel happy for them, but I understood why they were excited.

I come on the forums to answer questions and give advice from my experience, too :3 that actually makes me feel better. If my app takes longer than 6 months I'm probably gonna start getting sour to it though.. And I hear that. If my husband gets rejected, I'll move down there. but I'd hate it.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
ayrazar said:

When I didn't get AOR are people who applied after were, it did really bother me. It was hard to feel happy for them, but I understood why they were excited.

I come on the forums to answer questions and give advice from my experience, too :3 that actually makes me feel better. If my app takes longer than 6 months I'm probably gonna start getting sour to it though.. And I hear that. If my husband gets rejected, I'll move down there. but I'd hate it.
glad to hear i'm not the only one.

one thing's for sure: if/when my app finally gets approved, i'm not going to come here bragging about DM, because while my story might have come to a conclusion, i wouldn't be able to just forget about the people who are still stuck in limbo. instead, i'm going to continue the fight by campaigning for 1-year multiple entry spousal TRVs as an immediate short term solution for applicants who are separated from their spouses due to long processing times. i don't know how i'll do it, but mccallum's office is only 20 minutes from where i live, so that'll be my first stop. these aren't taxes or car licenses we're talking about, these are the livelihoods of their own citizens and families that they're playing with.

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
flx2015 said:

one thing's for sure: if/when my app finally gets approved, i'm not going to come here bragging about DM, because while my story might have come to a conclusion, i wouldn't be able to just forget about the people who are still stuck in limbo. instead, i'm going to continue the fight by campaigning for 1-year multiple entry spousal TRVs as an immediate short term solution for applicants who are separated from their spouses due to long processing times. i don't know how i'll do it, but mccallum's office is only 20 minutes from where i live, so that'll be my first stop. these aren't taxes or car licenses we're talking about, these are the livelihoods of their own citizens and families that they're playing with.
You are my hero! That’s very admirable.

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
ayrazar said:

I am the same... I refresh the forum countless of times just to see updates... even though I know it's not even the time yet. My visa office would be Singapore which used to be 28 months processing time... my life halts while we wait for visa. I'm stuck in Canada on TRV not knowing whether to stay or to go home while waiting... he is stuck in Malaysia... unsure if quitting is the right move atm... :(

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
flx2015 said:

Telling people you got DM is a good thing though. It creates real life timelines people can follow

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
kiwi01 said:
Telling people you got DM is a good thing though. It creates real life timelines people can follow
you misunderstood what i'm trying to say.

telling people about your DM and then updating relevant threads + spreadsheets with your status dates is a good thing, because as you said, it helps create real life timelines that we can follow. however, creating a new thread just to tell people about your DM and then disappearing without giving any useful info is a crappy thing to do, and this does not help anyone.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
I see what you're saying but, even if someone comes here to say I got DM on this date and applied on this date its at least some sort of information that we wouldn't have else wise known.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
kiwi01 said:
I see what you're saying but, even if someone comes here to say I got DM on this date and applied on this date its at least some sort of information that we wouldn't have else wise known.
yeah, that still counts as helpful advice. that's not what i'm talking about. ;)

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
I imagine it's a lot easier if you don't check eCas every day. Hard not to though.

Also, being away from husband for 3 days on business when he's leaving Canada on Monday sucks. Thinking about Monday is giving me anxiety :(

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
My application has been in Ottawa since Dec 16th. I never had any updates on Ecas after that. On Feb 20, I received an email stating that they requested me to send them the Statutory Declaration of Common Law form. I mailed that out on Feb 22 and haven't heard anything from them yet. No updates on Ecas, but I know that it was delivered. It's just a lot of waiting and wondering. :(

I have always been happy for everyone that gets their AOR, SA, DM....etc even the people who received theirs before mine. It's just a process and every application is different and I know my turn will come.

Hang in there everyone, we are all going through the same thing in different ways.

Smiles!! :D