+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
I am once again waiting for the "host" to start the zoom meeting. (a man can only hope!)
Just so I can email them saying "I have logged in both at 7:45 AM (original pdf time) and 7:45 PM (zoom popup window time) and no one showed up"

The weird thing is, I still haven't received any cancellation email.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I am once again waiting for the "host" to start the zoom meeting. (a man can only hope!)
Just so I can email them saying "I have logged in both at 7:45 AM (original pdf time) and 7:45 PM (zoom popup window time) and no one showed up"

The weird thing is, I still don't have any cancellation email.
Fam give up same worker had to log you in must be now coming out the protests drinking a DD from Timmy’s .

Reactions: sahibo

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019

Make sure to take screenshots! IRCC - soooo "professional", they definitely deserve a 13.5% raise! :rolleyes:

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023

I love your determination, you can only try and hope nothing to lose for trying.

Reactions: Gucheelady

janepham

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018

That’s pretty bizarre!

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
If that's the case why then cancelling a Monday ceremony now when you still have the weekend to continue the negotiations is not appropriate, what if an agreement was reached on the weekend and the strike is called off with an immediate go back to work order starting Monday 24th April....
May be they believe the first day should be used to finish up the missed ceremonies. I have noticed on the excel tracker that in that past couple of weeks, there weren't too many Oath invites sent (the number are not accurate). But it seems there were fewer people scheduled in this week than there usually are. This could be an indication of an expected strike.
I think before making a public statement about the end of strike, the offices are told to start implementing the back to work strategies. Or the offices get before hand information of the possible deal being struck and start working on it. So I may be overly optimistic but I believe the strike will be called off by the weekend the oaths will be administered in some form in the same order as it existed and pushed by three days or so.
I know we don't expect much from the govt and employees considering this situation, but I can tell you this, I have known someone very closely who have worked tirelessly for negotiations (not this one) only to serve the public selflessly while not caring about their own health. So stay positive guys and enjoy the weekend.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Make sure to take screenshots! IRCC - soooo "professional", they definitely deserve a 13.5% raise! :rolleyes:
Nicely put out of context. It is important to keep perspective during this unusual time of a strike. The fact that people are even getting communication is the result of the work of either deemed essential workers handling daily relevant cases and appointments or people crossing the picket line.

The whole point of the strike is to make a point that people's work is important. If it had no repercussions it wouldn't make any sense to have one. It is the last recourse of action by labour and perhaps should make one pause before quickly making decisions on who's at fault here. No one in the short term wins from a strike. The people on strike are effectively losing money while trying to fight for what they feel is fair. The clients have no service and get disgruntled and ultimately the employer will need to make concessions they were not expecting.

Everyone believes their citizenship application is the most important in the world , that is normal. But in the grand scheme of things, the real victims here are refugees and others in life threatening situations, not people with PR wanting to get a passport or whatever situation you may be in. Let's keep perspective here and understand everyone's needs

Last edited:

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Can someone please help me with how to identify which office is processing your application? I have no idea how to find this info
Thanks

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Nicely put out of context. It is important to keep perspective during this unusual time of a strike. The fact that people are even getting communication is the result of the work of either deemed essential workers handling daily relevant cases and appointments or people crossing the picket line.

The whole point of the strike is to make a point that people's work is important. If it had no repercussions it wouldn't make any sense to have one. It is the last recourse of action by labour and perhaps should make one pause before quickly making decisions on who's at fault here. No one in the short term wins from a strike. The people on strike are effectively losing money while trying to fight for what they feel is fair. The clients have no service and get disgruntled and ultimately the employer will need to make concessions they were not expecting.

Everyone believes their citizenship application is the most important in the world , that is normal. But in the grand scheme of things, the real victims here are refugees and others in life threatening situations, not people with PR wanting to get a passport or whatever situation you may be in. Let's keep perspective here and understand everyone's needs
What do people who have cut their pr cards and have just obtained citizenship but do not yet have passports do?
What if they have important business matters to attend to overseas? What of those who have health or family matters to attend to? You don't know anyone's story. I'll say citizens should be at the highest priority because most have contributed lots to the Canadian economy. I know of some that came as international students then did bachelor's and master's degrees before becoming permanent residents and now citizens..Can you imagine how much school fees they have paid over the year? And how much taxes they have also paid too. Should they have to wait for an undetermined time because some over paid people want to work from home

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A

You are wrong.

Reactions: 747-captain

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Can someone please help me with how to identify which office is processing your application? I have no idea how to find this info
Thanks
There are two ways to know your processing office:
1- it is the office that sent you the test invite
2- call IRCC and ask the agent

Reactions: Omar.hr