There are two ways to know your processing office:
1- it is the office that sent you the test invite
2- call IRCC and ask the agent
It’s SCR so I guess mine is Scarborough
Thanks for the tip!

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I hope they made some progress on negotiations. Wonder how long this will drag on. IRCC was just about making some headway in addressing the backlog problem. Unfortunate for everyone involved.

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Press conference today on current negotiation update. To summarize, PSAC sent the treasury board a comprehensive package on Thursday afternoon in order to get to a deal. The treasury board advised that they will get back to them in 24 hours with a response to ONE of the demands in the package, and so far, they haven't gotten back to the union. The union members are tired and angry and are calling on the prime minister to intervene so they can end the strike and get back to work. If the government keeps dragging on, they will stay on strike for as long as it takes. So far, the union is paying their members $75 a day to be on the picket line.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9644163/psac-strike-updates/

Reactions: 747-captain

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Press conference today on current negotiation update. To summarize, PSAC sent the treasury board a comprehensive package on Thursday afternoon in order to get to a deal. The treasury board advised that they will get back to them in 24 hours with a response to ONE of the demands in the package, and so far, they haven't gotten back to the union. The union members are tired and angry and are calling on the prime minister to intervene so they can end the strike and get back to work. If the government keeps dragging on, they will stay on strike for as long as it takes. So far, the union is paying their members $75 a day to be on the picket line.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9644163/psac-strike-updates/
So the union seemed pretty confident in terms of the funding they have to continue the strike for "as long as it takes". They are spending over 7M per day (they confirmed the strike pay rate and the number of striking workers), and their budget seems to be around 43M. Even if they get some help from other unions, how are they planning to continue the strike for more than a couple of weeks?? And I have no idea why the treasury board is so slow with its response! Such incompetence.

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
So the union seemed pretty confident in terms of the funding they have to continue the strike for "as long as it takes". They are spending over 7M per day (they confirmed the strike pay rate and the number of striking workers), and their budget seems to be around 43M. Even if they get some help from other unions, how are they planning to continue the strike for more than a couple of weeks?? And I have no idea why the treasury board is so slow with its response! Such incompetence.
https://www.youtube.com/live/-MZGvngSWPo?feature=share

Here is the link to the press conference.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Treasury board will be slow as deficit is already $40 billion. Agreeing to the demand will add to it and then the dilemma where to get the extra money from.

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Hmm...this presents a complicated political scenario as well. Public will be angry if the service interruptions are not back soon. The only way that is possible is a back-to-work legislation or getting the deal done (which is moving slowly right now, considering the implications). NDP said it won't back BTW legislation, and the conservatives don't have any incentive to back it. So does this mean there is a possibility that the current government would fall (resulting in a reelection)? Is it plausible for the liberals to just let things be on a standstill? The longer it takes, the harder it will become to get the parties to agree to a deal.

Reactions: pinkberries

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
There are various people with different situations. I need to travel urgently for a family medical emergency and cannot get a passport. I applied for urgent processing and then the strike hit. I've waited almost 2 years already so I'm not jumping the queue. This strike has affected people's lives.
I'm in the same boat as you, urgent family matter and no passport. Did yo hear back from them? What was the reason you mentioned?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
There are various people with different situations. I need to travel urgently for a family medical emergency and cannot get a passport. I applied for urgent processing and then the strike hit. I've waited almost 2 years already so I'm not jumping the queue. This strike has affected people's lives.
I totally understand that there are legitimate urgencies. I may or may not be in that situation in the summer.

There are those who are not in an urgent situation who are being a little entitled, to be blunt.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
7M per day means they have 7.5 days to strike before their coffers are empty.

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
7M per day means they have 7.5 days to strike before their coffers are empty.
Roughly six days, with only three more remaining now. They can turn to other unions for financial help, but not sure if those contributions would be sufficient to drag the strike on for more than a few days. Treasury is using delay tactics and waiting to see when the union would fold. The union on the other hand is getting angrier with time. Remains to be seen how far they would be willing to go. But based on their approach so far, the government does not seem to be in any rush to wrap this up. End of the day, as always, public would suffer.