Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
M+JM said:
Hi guys quick update, the guys picked up our stuff yesterday and we fly to Vancouver on the 31st. House hunting in downtown Van with 3 cats is tough, but we still find some great places we'd like to call home!
All the best to all of you!
Good luck with your big move. Too bad you're not coming to Greater Toronto Area where I might be of more help because this is where we call home now! This goes to everyone in this thread, if you guys need to ask about specific details about settling in, feel free to ask :)

Good luck o all.

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
ahaboubi said:
Good luck with your big move. Too bad you're not coming to Greater Toronto Area where I might be of more help because this is where we call home now! This goes to everyone in this thread, if you guys need to ask about specific details about settling in, feel free to ask :)

Good luck o all.
Thank you.

appan.

MAMACHI

Jun 11, 2011
Hi Folks,

what is happening to those for QA in October,pls did anyone inquire from cic lndon on the rprf fees.are we to come with it?

Is anyone coming from abrod pls which hotel is good and affordable,how do you obtain visa ?

can the visa be issued that day cos i need my passport to travel back to my country so will not be able to drop it.

if am not able to get references from past employer but have employment contract ,payslips,offer letter is it enough?

in my country graduate transcrits are sent directly to the places required not to be given in hand,but i can lay my hands on photocopy cos the original wa gotten in consultnt name which he sent to cic,will the photocopy certified accepted.

pls respond the clock is fast moving.

cheers

canada74

Jun 22, 2010
Hi all,
Happy Eid!

SinceOct07: Have you got any response from London regarding what will happen after the interview?

By the way which e-mail should we use for sending inquiries: london-im-interview@international.gc.ca or re-london-im-interview@international.gc.ca?

Feedback from senior members also appreciated..

Thanx!

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

Just to let you know that we landed in Vancouver yesterday and are now permanent residents... How to describe it...
We landed with 3 cats and a pot bonsai, the agricultural customs officer was amazed and said we were the first one to get all the correct papers so if anyone need help with a plant or a cat import permit just ask!

There was a funny moment because I needed to go and collect my laptop from the luggage carousel in the middle of the interview, and when I came back my wife said this is it, he had just told her we were now residents and I JUST MISSED IT! :eek: So I just went back to the officer and asked him if he could just say it again just so I could hear those words, and he laughed and said:
"You and your wife are now permanent residents. Welcome to Canada!"
Then the two officers couldn't stop laughing, and I was laughing too!!!!! Very emotional scene...

We're going to start renting something today hopefully, of course having 3 cats (and wanting to be honest!) is a little difficult and certainly limits the options, too bad we couln't get that unit on the 20th floor with harbour and mountain views! But the one we're getting is actually better (with a walkscore of 100!)
We can start living in Canada, finally!

Thanks to all the support we've received here, you all made the wait a little more bearable!

To all those who are still waiting: you know all the pain, and frustration, and anger sometimes? It really disappears in 2 hours! You take a walk down a bustling street, have a coffee and a doughnut, smile to a couple of strangers like you've just won the lottery, and they smile back... you're in Canada, and it was really worth all the wait!
All the best to everyone, in Canada or not!

M and J-M

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello you two!
I am so happy to hear that it all went so well. I am happy you also experienced the excitement of being in Canada. As you know, still in UK after my landing but we will going there very soon on a permanent basis. We cannot wait and think about it everyday, but we need to do things right and finish our work projects here since we want to get transfers with our companies, it woudl make the move a lot easier.
I wish you all the best and I hope that one day our paths cross in this huge country of ours now! Cant wait to hear your adventures in BC (beautiful area!)
Hugs to you guys.
I am still trying to polish my French before our move, since it is such a good asset to have there, I bet you do not have that problem ;-)

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edupolo said:
I am still trying to polish my French before our move, since it is such a good asset to have there, I bet you do not have that problem ;-)
Oui oui ça va, pas de problème de ce coté là! C'est sur que parler l'anglais ET le français au Canada, ça peut aider! Bonne chance!

ss2can_Oman

Dec 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kind Attn : Those waiting for QA interview and in the middle east!!

We just finished the same recently in London and got our visas stamped.

Last month, when we enquired about our status, Ottawa and London replied that our file is in QA and the interview will be in October @ Abu dhabi. As our meds are due to expire on Dec 1st week, we requested for an appointment in London stating that we are travelling to London during the last week of Aug. We recd the confirmation (UK visa takes 2 weeks processing in the middle east).
In the interview, we learnt that 60 applicants have been randomly shortlisted for QA. Here, in London, they stamped our visa in 3 days and returned our ppts. We also learnt that

1)From the middle east, however, after the successful completion of QA interview, the ppts have to be sent to London for visa stamping. Thats another 6 weeks.

2) Those whose meds will expire in this time period, have to redo their meds.

3)They check originals of the docs previously sent to them. They check if u have the required eligible points - minimum 67. This includes the funds available.

* Before going to London, we had requested them to accept the RPRF and sent the DD over.

Hope this helps...

Congrats to those who have landed and Best Wishes to those waiting.

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Hi All,

Back from a week of Eid Holiday, a much needed break.

Canada74, I have emailed them on 22Aug to re-london-im-interview @ international.gc.ca and got no response until now, I've tried on (london-im-interview @ international.gc.ca) as well later but its only for interview confirmations it seems (I did send it yesterday tho) . I think I'll try to check with Ottawa Case Pilot office as well.

ss2can_Oman, thanks alot for your feedback, really appreciate it.

All the best to everyone.

tahirksa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
Dear All.

I need your urgent expert advoice.I am sep.2007 applicant, living in Saudi Araia.I have sent my updated document in july 2010 with bank statment from Saudi Arabia.In agust 2010 i had transfered the amount to my brother's account in pakistan.Now Ottawa office asked me again proof of funds. Could it possible that Ottawa office will accept my brother's acount statement as my proof of funds. Bank is willing to write a letter that the account holder is my real brother and transaction were made in this account from Saudi Araia.Pakistani banks are not transfering money from Pakistan to any Other country.So,it is immpossible for meto transfer again to saudi araia.
Kindly, advoice me on this urgent matter.

kind regards

Tahirksa

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tahir,

Im from KSA and applied in 2007 as well, if you want you could share your mobile , pm me

take care

tahirksa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
Hi Tahir,

Im from KSA and applied in 2007 as well, if you want you could share your mobile , pm me

take care

Dear

My no.is 0507600620

jo_1501

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2008
Doc's Request.
jan.10,2009
AOR Received.
oct.2008
M+JM said:
Hi everyone

Just to let you know that we landed in Vancouver yesterday and are now permanent residents... How to describe it...
We landed with 3 cats and a pot bonsai, the agricultural customs officer was amazed and said we were the first one to get all the correct papers so if anyone need help with a plant or a cat import permit just ask!

There was a funny moment because I needed to go and collect my laptop from the luggage carousel in the middle of the interview, and when I came back my wife said this is it, he had just told her we were now residents and I JUST MISSED IT! :eek: So I just went back to the officer and asked him if he could just say it again just so I could hear those words, and he laughed and said:
"You and your wife are now permanent residents. Welcome to Canada!"
Then the two officers couldn't stop laughing, and I was laughing too!!!!! Very emotional scene...

We're going to start renting something today hopefully, of course having 3 cats (and wanting to be honest!) is a little difficult and certainly limits the options, too bad we couln't get that unit on the 20th floor with harbour and mountain views! But the one we're getting is actually better (with a walkscore of 100!)
We can start living in Canada, finally!

Thanks to all the support we've received here, you all made the wait a little more bearable!

To all those who are still waiting: you know all the pain, and frustration, and anger sometimes? It really disappears in 2 hours! You take a walk down a bustling street, have a coffee and a doughnut, smile to a couple of strangers like you've just won the lottery, and they smile back... you're in Canada, and it was really worth all the wait!
All the best to everyone, in Canada or not!

M and J-M

Congrats im so happy i can imagine the disbelief you are in after such a long wait. You did it ;)

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Hi All,

I still didn't get any feedback from the London Office, only from Ottawa telling me to contact London :)

I've decided to just get an updated letter of employment from my current job and I think I have enough supporting documents for the past 10-11years of work experience, that and fresh bank statements, c'est tout. fingers crossed.

All the best.

Shiraz1971

May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/04/2007
Doc's Request.
15/03/2010
AOR Received.
01/10/2007
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
19/02/2011
Med's Done....
11/03/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2011
LANDED..........
24/09/2011
Hi all, been a while since I last been on here, congrats to all who have received ppr's and visas and a big congrats to MJ+M getting married and landing in Canada.
My family and I are flying out this Saturday to Edmonton, AB to land and I have a question relating to proof of funds, I don't want to convert the required amount to CAD because I'm only going to be there for 2 weeks, so my question is would customs accept if I was to take say 3000CAD and the remainder in Sterling? I will also be taking mine and my wife's bank statements too.

Thanks,
Shiraz