14-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011 & CHC London office rvd. on 25-07-2011
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
PPR RVD ON 08-03-2012 PPs. SENT 12/03/12 CHC RVD 13/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Status has been changed to "DM" & Canadian address has also been updated.
LANDED..........
11-06-2012
SinceOct07 said:
Hi canada74,

I still haven't had mine, will let you know as soon as I have the interview by end of October. (the waiting is the hardest part in all this)
Dear ,

Could you please tell me after how many months you got reply from OTTAWA office that your file has been sent back to London office from Medical done date as I M also OTTAWA applicant. Secondly what's is your NOC?????????

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Hi kur761,

I emailed them in May and found out that my application was sent to London for QA and they will contact me when they're ready, my NOC is 1221.

Maybe you should email them as well.

all the best.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Good wishes and my prayers for all you guys on this thread.
Indeed i am surprised to see this CPPO thread still alive and people are waiting since along time.

God bless and stay motivated :)

jg81

May 31, 2010
Hello All, sorry for not being in touch over the last yew months.... life got very hectic - moved house and had a baby..... so dont even have time to sleep - let alone turn on my computer! :)

anyway, got some good news today that i wanted to share with you all ..... I got my passport request today from the ottowa pilot, but need to go into the london office to get it done.

we had our medicals in June this year, which are only valid for 12 months, so we have until June 2012 to move to Canada, doesn't sound like a long time.... especially when we have waited nearly 5 years for this to come through.

Does anyone know the next phase details? I plan to land in Canada in May/June 2012.... but want to know how long would it take to finalise all the paperwork once i land - as i fear i dont have enough time to sell my house etc...

We are happy to land in Canada before June 2012, would it be possible to land in Canada to start the paperwork and come back to England for a little while if need be?

If the above is possible what is the minimum amount of time we need to spend in Canada for the paperwork etc?

The reason I ask is, I have a house to sell, and a wedding in the family next summer (August). So we might have to land in Canada and come back to the England for a short while, if it is possible. I assuming I have to stay in Canada while waiting for the SIN numbers to come through? How long does that usually take?

Any advice would be helpful.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

M+JM said:
Hi there, and welcome journey2010!
Regarding your kid, I don't think this will be a big problem. Sorry this is just my guess, not 100% sure, but I don't think autism would be a concern to them. I am a learning support teacher myself, and I can say that the most polite and hard-working pupils I've had were the ones with autistic spectrum disorder, so I wouldn't count that as a problem :) (then again, I'm not an Ottawa officer...).
Anyway, when we did our medicals the doctor clearly said that the only 2 things that Canada were looking at (healthwise) were tuberculosis and AIDS..even if they ask a lot of other question.
Good luck with your application and have a merry Xmas!
Not exactly, it is quite possible that they will receive a furtherance of the medical, and depending on the severeness of the autism they may refuse on excess demand. Depending on the cost of the help the child will need in school. Applicants can be refused for excessive demand, not just because they have a communicable disease.

jg81

May 31, 2010
edupolo said:
Hello all,

so... we are now back from Canada and our landing experience was amazing!!! so easy and everyone was so nice and funny, althogh noone understood why an American and a Spaniard would want to move to Canada haha however, it was so nice for us to hear WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME. The whole process lasted only 30 minutes from airplane to taxi.

First we went to speak to immigration officer who just checked our COPR and visas. Then she asked how much money we had, we told her and offered to show it to her and she said it was not necessary. She also asked if we planned to travel outside Canada but she said it did not matter because we could enter with out passports, as we come from visa exempt countries. She scanned the passports and told us to go to the welcoming centre.

At the welcoming centre, we were given a lot of papers and we were given the opportunity to ask questions. It was very fast and from there we were sent to customs

At customs, the guy who helped us was very impressed about how organised we were. He asked to see the money and then gave us a copy of everything for us to keep and wished us a happy day. I must say that our guy was very very nice, but I did see other immigrants going through a much harder experience than us, so it all depends on who you get.

Other than that, we enjoyed Toronto very much. We went to the beach and swam in the lake. People are so nice! we were there for just 5 days and we alreayd feel like we have made friends and lots of contacts for when we move there permanently. We are very sad to be back in London, but now we know that we have made the right decision with Canada. Everyone there is so proud of Canada, no matter what race or nationality, it is a very nice feeling. We have brought back so many canadian flags in the form of key chains, magnets and bag tags... we are officially proud to be part of such a great nation.

I hope you all guys get there soon and have such wonderful experiences or better. Good luck!
Hi ed,

It sounds like you did what my wife and I are planning. We will land in Canada in june 2012 before the Perminant residence expires, but want to only go for a week or so. And come back to London till the end of the year. So be in London while then make the permident resident cards etc. what was your time frame? I assume the Canadian authorities are ok with this?

Thanks

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
Hi,

I'm also a 2007 applicant, my medicals are expiring next month, but i received an update from my agent that i have been scheduled for a QA on the 26th of this month in AUH..... getting ready for the interview. When is yours?

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hi,
I landed in Canada on 21 July this year. I was given 2 weeks from the moment I got my passports to land in Canada and they did not even care that it was due to them misplacing my medicals... it was so stressful. Good thing is all left behind.

The landing process in Toronto was very smooth, no problems at all. Due to the fact that we had 2 weeks to go, we had to rush to buy our plane tickets and we knew we had to come back to England, since we are still working here and we need to better plan our move.

We told that to our immigration office in Toronto, and she said that we need to be present in Canada for 2 years out of the first 5 years in order to maintain our PR status. Also, she said that since we hold American and Spanish citizenship, we did not have to wait for our PR cards to arrive before we left Canada, since we could enter again based on our visa-waiver passports. However, she did say that it is only because we had a Canadian address for her, that way our PR Cards will be sent there and our Canadian friends will forward them to us to England. If you do not have a Canadian address it may be tricky to plan all this.

We are planning our permanent move in May/June 2012. We cannot wait to start our life there. We got such a good impression. It is a beautiful country and people are so friendly (even in a big city like Toronto). I am already very proud to know that in 4 years I may be able to become a Canadian citizen.

I do not check the forum very often but I try to do so once every two weeks or so. I wish you all the best of luck.

jg81

May 31, 2010
Hi Edupolo

Many thanks for your reply, appriciate you exlplaining your scenario.

I plan on landingin in Vancouver so hopefully it will be as nice and smooth there also.

Sofijohns - I'm not being interviewed so I am not able to help you i'm afraid. Good luck!

Good Luck all!

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
M+JM said:
Hi everyone

Just to let you know that we landed in Vancouver yesterday and are now permanent residents... How to describe it...
We landed with 3 cats and a pot bonsai, the agricultural customs officer was amazed and said we were the first one to get all the correct papers so if anyone need help with a plant or a cat import permit just ask!

There was a funny moment because I needed to go and collect my laptop from the luggage carousel in the middle of the interview, and when I came back my wife said this is it, he had just told her we were now residents and I JUST MISSED IT! :eek: So I just went back to the officer and asked him if he could just say it again just so I could hear those words, and he laughed and said:
"You and your wife are now permanent residents. Welcome to Canada!"
Then the two officers couldn't stop laughing, and I was laughing too!!!!! Very emotional scene...

We're going to start renting something today hopefully, of course having 3 cats (and wanting to be honest!) is a little difficult and certainly limits the options, too bad we couln't get that unit on the 20th floor with harbour and mountain views! But the one we're getting is actually better (with a walkscore of 100!)
We can start living in Canada, finally!

Thanks to all the support we've received here, you all made the wait a little more bearable!

To all those who are still waiting: you know all the pain, and frustration, and anger sometimes? It really disappears in 2 hours! You take a walk down a bustling street, have a coffee and a doughnut, smile to a couple of strangers like you've just won the lottery, and they smile back... you're in Canada, and it was really worth all the wait!
All the best to everyone, in Canada or not!

M and J-M
Congratulations MandJ-M, very happy for you guys... A bit late to seeing your post. I am also hoping to land in Vancouver with my cat so might ask you a couple of questions on that...

mowafaq

Jun 20, 2011
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2007
Doc's Request.
02-11-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2007
IELTS Request
02-11-2009
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
04/12/2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
I kniw some one did the QA interview today morning in abu dabi , his med will expire in dec 5 so he told them i can not be in canada before that date so they told him that they will send him a new request to re do the medical

They said no visa stamping in abudabi , only in london and passports will take 3 weeks to get back from london if he agrred to be there before the med expired

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Hi Everyone,

I completed my interview yesterday :)

All went well, now it will take still time, there's the background checks which will take 3 weeks, and then i guess issueing the visa in 3 weeks as well, they told me i can request to re-do the medicals if i want but must requested before Feb when my meds expire, I'm so ready to leave, hopefully i'll get the visa before feb then i will happily leave in January (i was hoping December) but its ok, more time with my family here before i leave for good.

Now i need to send them the bank draft (to London) and then wait just a little more :), I'm just happy that the hard part is over and I know now for sure that i can plan everything (including selling all my furniture, I found shipping them would cost more than their worth)

Destination Vancouver :)

yay

jg81

May 31, 2010
Hi since07

Glad your interview went well.

My wife and I are also planning on making the move to Vancouver - please let me know how you get on and how you find it etc... It will be good to be able to compare notes with someone.

Do you have any websites you used for jobs or apartments? Or will you do that once you land?

Happy to give you my personal email via private message, but can't work out how to do it

kur761

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
PILLOT OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-09-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2007
IELTS Request
11-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-03-2010
Med's Request
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011 & CHC London office rvd. on 25-07-2011
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
PPR RVD ON 08-03-2012 PPs. SENT 12/03/12 CHC RVD 13/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Status has been changed to "DM" & Canadian address has also been updated.
LANDED..........
11-06-2012
SinceOct07 said:
Hi Everyone,

I completed my interview yesterday :)

All went well, now it will take still time, there's the background checks which will take 3 weeks, and then i guess issueing the visa in 3 weeks as well, they told me i can request to re-do the medicals if i want but must requested before Feb when my meds expire, I'm so ready to leave, hopefully i'll get the visa before feb then i will happily leave in January (i was hoping December) but its ok, more time with my family here before i leave for good.

Now i need to send them the bank draft (to London) and then wait just a little more :), I'm just happy that the hard part is over and I know now for sure that i can plan everything (including selling all my furniture, I found shipping them would cost more than their worth)

Destination Vancouver :)

yay
Congrates in advance and you are through and will get your visa in Dec,2011 hopefully. When did you get e mail from CHC London for QA interview after medical done?????????

Regards,

mowafaq

Jun 20, 2011
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2007
Doc's Request.
02-11-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2007
IELTS Request
02-11-2009
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
04/12/2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
my friend just finish his QA interveiw in abudabi
his med will expire in Dec 15 , so they told him that he has to re do the med and the visa will be issued in 2 months from now