+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hey congrats M+JM, what a great news... great gift from CIC London after all.... Good luck with ur big move.

You went to Florida, you should've come to Toronto on ur way back to complete landing formalities and stay here for a while.... never mind.

Will see you guys when you come here. Good luck.

godwilling

Oct 21, 2010
DUBAI
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-07-2010
Med's Done....
31 oct 2010
Interview........
28 july 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29 july 2011
Hi! Everyone,

Received PR after our interview in London on 28th of july
Passports were stamped on 29th july. ;D in London.

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Congratulations godwilling. When are you planning to land?

ss2can_Oman

Dec 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Godwilling ! Great news ! Did London ask you to go there for interview from Dubai ?

Is that whats happening to QA ppl ?

Best wishes to all.

godwilling

Oct 21, 2010
DUBAI
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-07-2010
Med's Done....
31 oct 2010
Interview........
28 july 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29 july 2011
thanks a lot ahmadtajwer, Mj+M, ahaboudi and ss2can_Oman.

Actually my daughter applied to various universities for her undergraduation course and received offer letters . We selected one of the university and wrote to London regarding this (attached the offer letter in the mail). We request them that we want to land in August as classes are starting in September. They immediately replied that our file was selected for QA and we have to appear for an interview in October in Abu Dhabi.
We replied that they can interview us early in London if they wish to. Again they replied immediately that we can come to London for an interview and documents verification on 28th july. We reached London and attended the interview. Visa officer was extremely nice . He was genuinely concerned about my daughter's education . Everything went smoothly and we collected PR visa stamped passports on 29th july in London. We are back from London on 6th August.
We are extremely happy and will fly to Toronto on 19/20 August.

Thanks to everyone on the Forum to guide us through this immigration process.I wish best of luck to all who are still waiting for PR :)

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godwilling said:
Visa officer was extremely nice . He was genuinely concerned about my daughter's education .
Was it B. C. by any chance? He was fantastic with us.

ss2can_Oman

Dec 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the detailed mail Godwilling. Do convey our Best Wishes to your daughter for her higher education. Best wishes to you and your family for your new life in Canada.

ericnzet

Sep 26, 2010
CONGRATS to All (M+JM, Edupolo, Godwilling, Lind-Ida and the rest) who have finally come to an end of receiving their Visas. Congrats to Ahmadtajwer for landing safe and thanks for sharing your experience. I am Happy for all of you!

We recently came back from a long vacation and immediately, I sent an email to London office informing them of our availability for the interview. Yesterday, an email came informing us the schedule (by end of October) and location (Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi) of the interview along with the Invitation Interview Letter.

Our medicals will expire by first week of October. We're actually hoping that they'll give some consideration of not asking us to re-do the medicals.

They have asked for all ORIGINAL documents, but wandering on one document which needs to be presented. The proof of relative in Canada. What kind of original document can I provide? Any suggestion?

Additionally they asked for Updated Schedule 1 Background/Declaration forms. Since July 2011, New forms have been introduced and has to be completed electronically. Based on your case, which forms did you provide?
M+JM, Edupolo, Godwilling, Lind-Ida, I will highly appreciate your response on the above.

Thanks and hopefully more PPRs on the way...

canada74

Jun 22, 2010
Hi guys,
I received an e-mail from London; The interview will be in Abu Dhabi in October.

They requested bringing the originals of all the documents we have sent + Updated forms + Updated Proof of funds.

But they also asked for this:
"Personal resume (CV), showing work experience and duties, and reference letters from employers on company
letterhead paper and/or employment contracts which describe your responsibilities and performance."

I wonder if they need more than just a normal reference letter from my previous employers. It wouldn't be easy to contact my previous employers to get such details about the responsibilities and performance.

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Hi Canada74,

Congrats on getting the interview.
Just had a question,did you provide those requirements (CV, reference letters from employers..etc) previously when they requested for documentations to be submitted?

As I did send resumeand send them all original reference letters, i really hope they dont expect us to contact all the employers again.
would really appreciate your feedback.
thank you

p.s Congrats to all on their progress as well.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ericnzet: not sure about the updated background/declaration form. In fact our officer didn't even look at it, but not sure about electronic version.

canada74: you should have submitted a similar letter from your employer at the time they requested documents, in my opinion that (the original if you still have it) should be enough if you find it hard to obtain a more recent one.

What we did was just get a new letter confirming we were employed (just 3 lines really, only name and dates, no details at all) from employer, but still brought the other more detailed letter we'd submitted with docs, and explained.

Bottom line is, if you have "old" letters of employment with details of duties etc do bring them, and be prepared to explain that you could not get a new one. If you can get something very basic that's recent, the two together should be good.

Again, this should not be a selection interview, just to check if the docs you submitted initially were genuine, so they should be happy with originals of what you submitted before. Try to bring extra documents to make up for the ones you can't show.

In our experience the officer does have a checklist but it's more of different sections than a list of items, for instance s/he could accept other documents for proof of employment and tick the box even if you did not bring the exact letter they asked for.
As a case in point, my wife (main applicant) had been unemployed for 6 months at the time of interview, so no recent payslips etc. So instead she took payslips and bank statements for the past year (instead of just 3 or 6 months as asked) to show them she was clear. We didn't try to cover up or hide, we just said it when he asked about employment. Be honest, that's the most important thing. If you have anything that's different from what they ask, make sure you have other documents to make up for it. Maybe you spouse can get a recent letter more easily, in that case even if the officer didn't ask for it bring it along and it may make up for yours. The officer should be flexible.
That's my advice anyway.

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Oh My God, I got home from work (since my last post) and checked my personal email and guess what:
I got my interview set in Abu Dhabi end of October as well, I just knew it had to be in October, so happy :D

Hey Canada74, my interview letter also says that i have to bring all those documents as well.

Good luck to all.

marvstin

Apr 30, 2011
ericnzet said:
CONGRATS to All (M+JM, Edupolo, Godwilling, Lind-Ida and the rest) who have finally come to an end of receiving their Visas. Congrats to Ahmadtajwer for landing safe and thanks for sharing your experience. I am Happy for all of you!

We recently came back from a long vacation and immediately, I sent an email to London office informing them of our availability for the interview. Yesterday, an email came informing us the schedule (by end of October) and location (Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi) of the interview along with the Invitation Interview Letter.

Our medicals will expire by first week of October. We're actually hoping that they'll give some consideration of not asking us to re-do the medicals.

They have asked for all ORIGINAL documents, but wandering on one document which needs to be presented. The proof of relative in Canada. What kind of original document can I provide? Any suggestion?

Additionally they asked for Updated Schedule 1 Background/Declaration forms. Since July 2011, New forms have been introduced and has to be completed electronically. Based on your case, which forms did you provide?
M+JM, Edupolo, Godwilling, Lind-Ida, I will highly appreciate your response on the above.

Thanks and hopefully more PPRs on the way...
hmmmm....actually i also received an e-mail from london just the other day telling that i am also scheduled last week of october for the interview and will also need to provide the docs as per the checklist. i just could not remember reading if the updated forms have to be filled-up electronically...must have gotten too much excited to notice that...i will have to read again.

i hope after the long wait just like the others we'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.

PS. as they are asking for secondary school credentials, will a high school diploma be sufficient enough...i mean i also already have my university diploma with me along with transcript of records. for secondary school credentials i just only have my high school diploma to show. trying to obtain mark sheets for all those years might be next to impossible to obtain from public high schools back in the philippines.