Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does any one know whether NOC 2174 is a regulated occupation?
I am currently working in Toronto as software developer(2174) and I am planning to submit my documents today.

I do not want to waste my money if it is regulated occupation.Please help.

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per CIC website below:
The following professions are regulated in Ontario. To work in a regulated profession, you must be registered by the appropriate regulatory body. You may be able to work in a related field without a licence, but you should first check with the regulatory body to understand what restrictions exist. It is illegal to use the job title restricted to regulated professions without a licence or certificate from the appropriate regulatory body.

I don't think NOC 2174 is regulated occupation.I am working as software developer since last 2 years in Toronto and I never applied for license/certificate.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Did any one who recently re-submitted his/her EE profile still got a PT from OOPNP?

Are they still issuing PT's? Any thoughts?

Thanks to those who will share their feedback.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone of you experienced receiving an email saying "Your application has been updated..." but not getting a new message in myCIC?

I got the email around 1 PM EST/2 PM EDT today and it's been 3 hours but still no new message in myCIC....

This is weird and has left me in limbo :/

Any feedback/thoughts is highly appreciated!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T365 said:
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone of you experienced receiving an email saying "Your application has been updated..." but not getting a new message in myCIC?

I got the email around 1 PM EST/2 PM EDT today and it's been 3 hours but still no new message in myCIC....

Such 'ghost' updates have become fairly frequent nowadays and are often false alarms with no corresponding changes to MyCIC status. Members have speculated that they could mean that someone has accessed your file or it is a system glitch. No one knows for sure and all one can do is check MyCIC to confirm if anything has changed.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
T365 said:
Hello Everyone,

happened to my bro's acct, n 2 days later meaning today he a PT for OOPNP

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
maria_786 said:
happened to my bro's acct, n 2 days later meaning today he a PT for OOPNP
Thanks maria_786 for this information. It provides a ray of hope to people like me.

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stak said:
As per CIC website below:
The following professions are regulated in Ontario. To work in a regulated profession, you must be registered by the appropriate regulatory body. You may be able to work in a related field without a licence, but you should first check with the regulatory body to understand what restrictions exist. It is illegal to use the job title restricted to regulated professions without a licence or certificate from the appropriate regulatory body.

I don't think NOC 2174 is regulated occupation.I am working as software developer since last 2 years in Toronto and I never applied for license/certificate.
You are already working under same NOC. And are you using title engineer in your job title? Does it include signing & releasing any engg drawings etc? Bcos if its regulated it should hold gud even now since you are already working. If its regulated prof then it is regulated weather its for FSWP, or PGWP or whatever..

plz correct me if Iam wrong.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have missed to include the copy of my prior passport as my current passport has been issued just 5 months back. I have already sent across my Application and it has reached them today. How can I get this included in my Application. Mailed OOPNP but not got any response. Appreciate if someone can let me know on how to get this included

anilak24

May 16, 2015
Hello friends,

I got PT .....my score is 405 under NOC 2133 Electrical Engineer.

I want to apply but I am not sure that if I need a professional registration with Ontario Engineers association, before submitting my application for Ontario PNP.

Anyone can shed some light on this please? :'(

Is professional registration is mandatory?

cheers.

anilak24

May 16, 2015
Hello guys,

I recreated my profile on 9th and got PT on 10th June.

NOC-2133 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

Score-405

Ties- Uncle PR in Ontario but it will be hard to prove without his birth certificate :D

Guys, one question please if can shed some light on it.

Is professional registration is MANDATORY for applying under Ontario PNP?

irfan_ul_haque

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in June-July 2015
Hi Everyone!

I just came across this topic,and am quite thrilled to know that Ontario is considering applicants with 400+ scores. After scrolling the whole topic, I have some specific questions. Before i pose my questions, I will just brief you on my profile.

EE Score - 438; NOC - 6221
Never worked or studied in Canada. Only ties with Ontario are Aunts/Uncles (very far off relatives and not direct blood relations) & friends (social connection)
Profile submitted in March, now considering deleting and creating new profile, based on below queries.

Experts and PT receivers, kindly let me know these details.

1. I understand this stream is also applicable for people outside Ontario as well as Canada, who may or may not have strong ties with the Province. If that is true, someone of a similar profile, please confirm if they have received at PT notification along with their EE scores and NOC?

2. If I withdraw my current application to furnish a new one, Should I withdraw from jobbank first and then withdraw EE application or withdrawing EE application cancels the jobbank profile anyway?? Again, requesting the ones who did re-create EE profiles and received PT notification, please clarify. Also, if it is better to use new email or same email address for registration?

3. Understand choosing 'only Ontario' instead of 'all Provinces.." is better for this particular Ontario PNP stream, however, you fellow people recommend that? In terms of the general EE draws, suppose the scores fall and we receive an ITA and after successful processing, we are only allowed to stay at Ontario and not considered for other provinces. Please share your throughts.

4. Regarding ties with Ontario, as I mentioned I have a couple of old friends who are now Canadian citizens in Ontario and far-related cousins, Aunts/Uncles (not exactly direct blood related) as citizens in Ontario. Should I be mentioning all that in my profile??

Thanks People!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
irfan_ul_haque said:
4. Regarding ties with Ontario, as I mentioned I have a couple of old friends who are now Canadian citizens in Ontario and far-related cousins, Aunts/Uncles (not exactly direct blood related) as citizens in Ontario. Should I be mentioning all that in my profile??

Thanks People!
Hard to prove this without birth certificates, but perhaps a written statement by them explaining your relationship, and if they are willing to share with you their passport, employment certificate, and bank statements to prove their ties in ON for your application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irfan_ul_haque said:
Hi Everyone!

I just came across this topic,and am quite thrilled to know that Ontario is considering applicants with 400+ scores. After scrolling the whole topic, I have some specific questions. Before i pose my questions, I will just brief you on my profile.

EE Score - 438; NOC - 6221
Never worked or studied in Canada. Only ties with Ontario are Aunts/Uncles (very far off relatives and not direct blood relations) & friends (social connection)
Profile submitted in March, now considering deleting and creating new profile, based on below queries.

Experts and PT receivers, kindly let me know these details.

1. I understand this stream is also applicable for people outside Ontario as well as Canada, who may or may not have strong ties with the Province. If that is true, someone of a similar profile, please confirm if they have received at PT notification along with their EE scores and NOC?

Many instance abound on this forum of members who have zero ties with Canada receiving the PT from OOPNP. Check the threads for details.

2. If I withdraw my current application to furnish a new one, Should I withdraw from jobbank first and then withdraw EE application or withdrawing EE application cancels the jobbank profile anyway?? Again, requesting the ones who did re-create EE profiles and received PT notification, please clarify. Also, if it is better to use new email or same email address for registration?

Job bank profile doe NOT automatically get deactivated, it has to be done manually. Withdraw your EE profile first and then deactivate the job bank profile. The best way after this seems to be to create a fresh GCkey and use a fresh email id and repeat the entire process as you did in March.

3. Understand choosing 'only Ontario' instead of 'all Provinces.." is better for this particular Ontario PNP stream, however, you fellow people recommend that? In terms of the general EE draws, suppose the scores fall and we receive an ITA and after successful processing, we are only allowed to stay at Ontario and not considered for other provinces. Please share your throughts.

OOPNP itself allows you the option of choosing 'Ontario' or 'All Provinces'. Some members have misunderstood that and misleading others as well. Read the guide for clarity on this if required. It is there on Pg 1 near the bottom.

Your profile won't be locked till you receive and accept a nomination. If you get a regular ITA before you get a nomination and it leads to PR successfully, you're free to settle outside Ontario as well. However, if you're getting an ITA based on OOPNP, there could be the possibility of residency requirement within Ontario for up to 5 years. This is not clear from the guide yet though and is only a hypothesis(see the box on Pg 28).

You can choose to mention this or leave it out. It is not a mandatory declaration. But it can add flavor to your profile vis-a-vis other profiles who do not have similar ties in Ontario. Your call.

Thanks People!

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Can those who already got a PT from OOPNP confirm if this "checklist" is accurate?? Based on everything I've seen, here are the things one should to get a PT:

1. Meet 400 CRS cutoff
2. Resubmit profile after June 1
3. Tick Ontario only
4. No representative - not sure about this one, but I think I've seen 2 posts saying that when they resubmitted themselves instead of their agents, they got a PT.

Anything else missing here?

So far there are four of us who resubmitted their profiles a few days back but haven't got a PT yet, mostly with 217x NOC's.

Thank you in advance for the guidance.