+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
abazaz said:
hey I got the same invitation..any idea what to do next??
congrats! obviously now you can accept and start your application.

mind sharing when did you get the ITA, scores and criteria?

Chak de!

Jun 7, 2015
Hello everyone!
I am so confused with this question,"have u applied to cic before for immigration?

Some people are saying yes to this and they have entered their previous express entry profile number.

I have seen some threads where some have answered no to this question as they feel there is a difference b/w applying to cic and entering the pool.

So,while recreating an express entry profile, what should we answer to this question??

If we say yes,it populates another two questions,enter ur previous express entry profile number and UCI.

What is UCI and from where can we find this??(in case if we are selecting yes)

Any expert advise??
Please help

pimpsquek

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chak de! said:
Hello everyone!
I am so confused with this question,"have u applied to cic before for immigration?

Some people are saying yes to this and they have entered their previous express entry profile number.

I have seen some threads where some have answered no to this question as they feel there is a difference b/w applying to cic and entering the pool.

So,while recreating an express entry profile, what should we answer to this question??

If we say yes,it populates another two questions,enter ur previous express entry profile number and UCI.

What is UCI and from where can we find this??(in case if we are selecting yes)

Any expert advise??
Please help
Hi Chak de! Based on my EE profile (I am currently a TFW) UCI comes your previous application with cic (my TFW application), if you are a Temporary Foreign Worker, Skilled Worker, etc. I did receive my UCI when cic ask for my details, they will send it through a letter (pdf form) together with their instructions for you application. I doubt (in my opinion) that the profile for EE has a UCI, you will have a UCI once you are processing you application with cic (if you receive your ITA).

From cic website:
What is a UCI?
UCI stands for “unique client identifier.” It is also known as a client identification number (client ID). It appears on official documents you get from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It has four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000).

If you are applying to CIC for the first time, you will not yet have a UCI. If so, and you are filling out a form that asks for one, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided.

If you are applying online and the form does not allow you to input “N/A,” leave the space blank.

balle balle

May 27, 2015
Thanks for the response pimpsquek.

I have applied to cic previously for my work permit and study permit. I have noticed UCI on both the official documents.

Do you think I should enter that UCI # in my express entry profile?

Azoba

Apr 10, 2015
xlnc20 said:
Hi Azoba,

Initially Ii too selected No, but after reading a few posts, I went back and changed my answer to yes.

The next question comes up asking me if I had applied to EE before? selected yes.

Next question: What is your UCI number?? I assumed it is profile number.

When I entered it, it wasnt accepting it. The help mark explains it to be 8 digit number.
So now I entered the numbers only of EE profile. Again error..
So I was about to change my selection to No when I noticed a new row added just above the " enter your UCI", thats is to enter the previous EE profile number..So I did..

I just wanted to play safe, incase they ealise later that I already had a EE profile, as it lists in my CIC acocunt. And did wanan take any sort of risk(mis representation)!!
Hey xlnc20!!

They may have added the new row because of us "deleting and recreating" the profiles!!! ;D It does changes things...

The UCI number you only get when you apply to a permit (Temporary or permanent)... I still think creating a profile is not applying, but if the question changes from "have you ever applied to EE" to "have you had a EE profile before" than I guess I'll have to bite my tongue!!!

Still... just to throw a mind f$#k out there: If we already applied to EE, why the hell are we still waiting to receive an INVITATION TO APPLY???

hehehe... I just had to put it out there!!! Cheers!!!!

Jonty711

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balle balle said:
Thanks for the response pimpsquek.

I have applied to cic previously for my work permit and study permit. I have noticed UCI on both the official documents.

Do you think I should enter that UCI # in my express entry profile?
Yes

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello
I visited Canada as a visitor in the past and as such got a UCI number. I am now outside Canada. While applying for Ontario PNP, there is a column:

1. For applicants currently in Canada (a copy of your Work Permit, Study Permit, Temporary Resident Visa, and/or any other Canadian immigration document or entry stamp must be provided with your application package)

What shall I fill over here as I am presently not in Canada ?

2. Please provide the Unique Client Identifier number (UCI) issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, also known as a client ID number.

Shall I put the UCI number which I got when I applied for Visitor Visa ?

3. Expiration Date of Current Citizenship and Immigration Canada Document.

Visa expired in 2014. Shall I put that date here ?

Or all of these question specific to people presently in Canada ?

Your help would be appreciated.

milcah

Dec 8, 2014
Hi,

Can someone clarify if this OOPNP is only for CEC applicants???

My points in 434 and have applied under FSW since I have never studied or worked in Canada before.

OOPNP guidelines states :
"To prove your intention to settle in Ontario, you will need to demonstrate one year of physical residence in Ontario, in the past two years, and your presence in the province at the time of your application. You should provide credit card statements, leasing documents or bills and accounts with your name and Ontario address."

This point confuses me. How will I be able to provide this document.

Could someone please help.

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
milcah said:
Hi,

Can someone clarify if this OOPNP is only for CEC applicants???

My points in 434 and have applied under FSW since I have never studied or worked in Canada before.

OOPNP guidelines states :
"To prove your intention to settle in Ontario, you will need to demonstrate one year of physical residence in Ontario, in the past two years, and your presence in the province at the time of your application. You should provide credit card statements, leasing documents or bills and accounts with your name and Ontario address."

This point confuses me. How will I be able to provide this document.

Could someone please help.
Did you get invitation (PT) from OOPNP and when?
I applied in Canadian experience class and my score is 418 and no PT till now.
I guess that all are in same boat like me.

KC_Chopra

Jun 8, 2015
Hi Guys,

I was going through the OOPNP Website for details on the Human Capital Priorities Stream. I remember checking it some days back and there was a note related to Post June 1 profiles. But this time did not see any such note. Is it possible they have removed this limitation. Any idea or I just missed it.

rgds/kc

svlinas

Apr 3, 2015
KC_Chopra said:
Hi Guys,

I was going through the OOPNP Website for details on the Human Capital Priorities Stream. I remember checking it some days back and there was a note related to Post June 1 profiles. But this time did not see any such note. Is it possible they have removed this limitation. Any idea or I just missed it.

rgds/kc
The June 1st restriction is still there on the site.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
svlinas said:
The June 1st restriction is still there on the site.
It's still there.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Hi,

I deleted my old profile and created a new one on 5th June itself.
Now everything looks fine and score is 418 (CEC - category also!!).
I am living in Ontario as well.

Thanks a lot guys for sharing information and support 8) :D.
Let us see how it works for OOPNP - PT.

btw, any body got OOPNP invitation (PT) by today?

:eek: :( :( :eek:

jonkrav

Apr 27, 2014
Does anyone know if this will work similar to the employer driven PNP where if you are accepted you are given a letter which you can take down to the border to give you a 1 year work permit?