+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
kgh said:
You can go to NY consulate, explain the situation, and personally request to get the PR stamping. So that you can finish your landing too.
ingegarcia,
i second this suggestion. you might be able to get both stamps at the same time. or they might simply stamp the PR and forget all about the work visa..... i dunno, just saying.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
poppyjml said:
Wow! today is PPR day :)
Like inge and druckers I got my PPR today also, and it's dated August 6 too!

My timeline
AOR and Medical request - June 10, 2009 (dated June 1)
Medicals done - June 12
Transferred to NY - June 16
Request for state clearances - july 21
Encashed rprf - july 17

I've got a problem though. My passport expires in 7 months, and passport renewal takes 6 weeks! NY consulate requires passport to be valid for at least 1 year, and they want it submitted within 30 days :(. I dunno what to do.
congratulations!
my letter says 60 days after the date of the letter. strange.
you may want to physically visit both the consulates and try explaining your situation. maybe your consulate will return your new passport sooner. or canadian consulate might give you a new letter saying 60 days instead of 30.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
poppyjml said:

My timeline
Medicals done - June 12
Encashed rprf - july 17

I've got a problem though. My passport expires in 7 months, and passport renewal takes 6 weeks! NY consulate requires passport to be valid for at least 1 year, and they want it submitted within 30 days :(. I dunno what to do.
cool beans poppy .. enjoy..

hey quick ques : you said they asked for state pcc on July 21... what was the date CIC NY recieved
the state PCCs from you ?

C

cchabert

yrinaldy said:
See you guys around in Calgary, maybe? Who else is planning to go to Calgary? We can definitely meet up and hang out and celebrate!
I'm planing to go to Calgary, driving from Atlanta, maybe you can share your driving experience and export the car, I'm driving with my family (Wife and 2 kids), as soon as I get my visa.

Good luck on your trip.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nomad_musafir said:
poppyjml said:

My timeline
Medicals done - June 12
Encashed rprf - july 17

congratulations!
you may want to physically visit both the consulates and try explaining your situation. maybe your consulate will return your new passport sooner. or canadian consulate might give you a new letter saying 60 days instead of 30.
Where did you hear passport renewal takes 6 weeks? is it indian passport? Which consulate Chicago Indian? I just got mine renviewd in less than 6 days from chicago Indian consulate.. u m ight want to go in person they have Special Saturday Hours emergency passport service(may be on weekdays too) they give you passport in like few hours they charge some handsome money thought (aporx. 100 to 150) try that one......

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
despoimmigrant said:
nomad_musafir said:
poppyjml said:

My timeline
Medicals done - June 12
Encashed rprf - july 17

congratulations!
Where did you hear passport renewal takes 6 weeks? is it indian passport? Which consulate Chicago Indian? I just got mine renviewd in less than 6 days from chicago Indian consulate.. u m ight want to go in person they have Special Saturday Hours emergency passport service(may be on weekdays too) they give you passport in like few hours they charge some handsome money thought (aporx. 100 to 150) try that one......
I second with Despo's suggestion. San Francisco Indian Consulate also gives this provision.

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
nomad_musafir said:
poppyjml said:

My timeline
Medicals done - June 12
Encashed rprf - july 17

congratulations!
It took just one week for me to renew my passport in SFO.

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
hi thanks for all the greetings!

I'm from the philippines and I've checked the philippine consulates here. Starting June 6,2008 the philippine passport renewal will take 6 weeks. The fastest is 1 month. And all of my friends who've recently renewed their passports, took 1 month also.

Yeah, I know it sucks! Before June 6, it would just take a day!

I emailed NY consulate to ask. I tried calling, but no one physically answers the phone. it's just a recorded message saying you should go to the website to get more information. Hope NY consulate replies.

ainpdude, replied to your question in your pm.

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
HI yrinaldy ,

You said you ate towing you r car, have you find about the inspection needs required as per canada law. I was going through some article in which they wrote that car should adhere to canada safety standards and stuff.

I am sure you might have figured things out, can you please share.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Mumbai + cchabert:

Basically all articles are on line. You just need to get the recall clearance from the dealer, ensure your car is clear from all recalls, and check the list of vehicle admissible.. and check where you plan to cross - and contact that office 72 hours before arriving and ensure they have your paper work (car registration, recall clearance, etc).

I haven't done much of those yet, but I will though. So far, compiling things to do and packing all my stuff, and work are overwhelming. seems to me, it's not that difficult to import car from usa - especially u owned ur car throughout.

http://www.riv.ca/
http://www.importcartocanada.info/guides-tips/step-by-step-guide-to-importing-a-car-into-canada-from-the-us/

mumbaimerijan said:
HI yrinaldy ,

You said you ate towing you r car, have you find about the inspection needs required as per canada law. I was going through some article in which they wrote that car should adhere to canada safety standards and stuff.

I am sure you might have figured things out, can you please share.

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks yrinaldy.

It would be great if you share you experience after move, I have plans to move next year feb /mar . Just collecting all info ..

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
Hi All ,

I have created new thread to talk about any movement requirement we should consider before moving to Alberta . Pitch in your ideas and information .

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moving-to-alberta-t23620.0.html

C

cchabert

Thank you yrinaldy, just one more : Did your car have Speedometer and Odometer in KM? my car only have the speedometer but not the Odometer and the dealer said it can't be converted any suggestions?

Please answer to this question on this mumbaimerijan posting:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moving-to-alberta-t23620.0.html

So we don;t change the subject of this posting.

Thank you again!

mani001

May 12, 2009
Anybody care to answer my question -

How many days is allowed to send the passport after the PPR ? Under certain circumstances if passport may not be submitted in time, can we request CIC to extend the date of submission ?