+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
dnataraj said:
I agree with J1visa.

Personally I am disgusted with USCIS and US policy. While having a PhD and 3 masters (in STEM, MBA) in diverse fields from IVY league schools, attorneys ask $10K to file for EB1. And that too not sure as I do not have a noble prize.
dna,
What a great achievement ? I am still thinking how much of effort and discipline you would have put? I strongly believe your hardwork and efforts will payoff soon.

But I believe it is worth to put $10K if the attorney is really worthy and most of the EB1 cases from him are successful.

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
kgh said:
poppyjml said:
mani001, mine says within 30 days. i'm also interested to know if it can be extended.
Even in my case they gave 60 days. I am not sure why only 30 days for you.
I dunno either. They just said that it's time sensitive. They even mentioned the 30 days twice in the mail they gave.
One in normal fonts, and the other one in bold fonts, so I dare not follow.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morning Question for you folks.

Does anyone smoke on this forum? If yes how did the medical go? Do you think smoking may cause an issue with medical? Also how about epilipsy? does anyone care to share there experience if they had any?

Thank you.

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
Good News! Ny consulate just called me up and they said that since I plan to land this year, it's ok that my passport is 7 months valid.
Yey!

I'm off to send my passport now.

Thanks for all the help and support guys! :) And Good Luck to each and everyone!!

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poppyjml said:
Good News! Ny consulate just called me up and they said that since I plan to land this year, it's ok that my passport is 7 months valid.
Yey!

I'm off to send my passport now.

Thanks for all the help and support guys! :) And Good Luck to each and everyone!!
WOW........ congratsssssssss....... i never knew consulate people call also........... good luck..........

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
despo, i was astounded as well! I have lost hope getting any email replies from NY as their automatic reply to my email was

"Due to volume of applications, we will only respond to request for application status if processing period posted on our website has been exceeded. Please visit: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/new_york"

and my timeline has not exceeded the processing period. I have even thought of going to NY consulate myself, eventhough I'm in ohio, just to ask and get a response....so the call was a really really wonderful surprise.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
poppyjml said:
despo, i was astounded as well! I have lost hope getting any email replies from NY as their automatic reply to my email was

"Due to volume of applications, we will only respond to request for application status if processing period posted on our website has been exceeded. Please visit: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/new_york"

and my timeline has not exceeded the processing period. I have even thought of going to NY consulate myself, eventhough I'm in ohio, just to ask and get a response....so the call was a really really wonderful surprise.
congrats poppy.... NY's new slogan "we also do miracles" :)

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poppyjml said:

Looks like they have bought "MAGIC JACK" in bulk.............................

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gave in

Guys,

I had long given lease termination notice to my apartment rental office. Now the time has come to vacate since academic year for my school going kids is soon to start in couple of weeks.
I have no choice, but to stay in USA for a year, assuming I can retain my job :).
Morale from my experience: NEVER, EVER ASSUME that your application will go through in time. Grrrrrr....

I am relocating to Tampa, Florida for a year and will join you folks in summer 2010.

Good luck to all.

Stay in touch and continue extending help for new aspirants.

Taps

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Re: Gave in

Tapak said:
Guys,

I had long given lease termination notice to my apartment rental office. Now the time has come to vacate since academic year for my school going kids is soon to start in couple of weeks.
I have no choice, but to stay in USA for a year, assuming I can retain my job :).
Morale from my experience: NEVER, EVER ASSUME that your application will go through in time. Grrrrrr....

I am relocating to Tampa, Florida for a year and will join you folks in summer 2010.

Good luck to all.

Stay in touch and continue extending help for new aspirants.

Taps
Tapak,
Sorry to hear about your situation. It is frustrating to be almost there but then just miss the bus. Anyways, we will keep you posted here and once in Canada as well.

Good luck

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natraj and tapak,

there is nothing to feel sorry about any situation. Tapak will enjoy his stay in florida for a year more than he does driving taxi or working at subway in Alberta. Whatever happens , it happens for the best.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
natraj and tapak,

there is nothing to feel sorry about any situation. Tapak will enjoy his stay in florida for a year more than he does driving taxi or working at subway in Alberta. Whatever happens , it happens for the best.
Ohh God! Neither do I have good direction sense nor am I good at preparing/serving non-vegetarian food, which leaves me jobless in Alberta. ;)
Anyways, Thank you for you showing me the other side of the coin..

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tapak said:
Ohh God! Neither do I have good direction sense nor am I good at preparing/serving non-vegetarian food, which leaves me jobless in Alberta. ;)
Anyways, Thank you for you showing me the other side of the coin..
There are alternatives for bus conductors who dont need sense of direction and indian grocery stores where they sell veg samosas, idlis and chapatis.

mani001

May 12, 2009
Hello AlbertaGovernor,

What make you interested coming to CIC-AINP dicusson forum ? If you are applying PR to become a bus conductor, you could have done that long time back without migarting to another country.

If there is any negative aspect in immigration to Canada ? why not share it the facts instead of mocking people.

Mani