+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj04 said:
Hi Eagle 333.. I got request for passport today for TRV , applied on Nov 20. Question that I have is how do I send my passport to VFS. Can I mail the passport or has to be done in person? Also can it be done at any new VFS office, New delhi is the closed to me. If I can mail it , what's the procedure for that and also for in person. Thanks in advance
Hello rj04,

Send it with UPS or FEDEX. Pay for 2 envelops, one will be to visa office and another one from the visa office to you.

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
I m in India. Who do I send my passport to? Letter doesnot say it. It gives a link to VFS global. So do I send it to VFS or CIC visa office. It's do confusing. Also India does not have US or FedEx??

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj04 said:
I m in India. Who do I send my passport to? Letter doesnot say it. It gives a link to VFS global. So do I send it to VFS or CIC visa office. It's do confusing. Also India does not have US or FedEx??
Visit the thread for India you will learn how to send your passport.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
Eagle333 said:
Hello benitaagogo,

I did not see your post until now. First of all, Congratulation for your CoPR. What an awesome moment for you!

Canada/U.S. Information Sharing Treaty Summary

Privacy Impact Assessment Summary – The Agreement Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of Canada For the Sharing of Visa and Immigration Information, and the draft Arrangement between the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency, and the Department of State and the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America concerning Biographic Visa and Immigration Information Sharing

On December 13, 2012 Canada signed a Treaty with the United States of America (U.S.) to enable systematic immigration information sharing between the two countries on third country nationals. The purpose of automating the sharing of immigration and visa information is to broaden both countries joint capability to: identify individuals who seek to enter the perimeter for mala fide purposes and prevent them from travelling to Canada or the U.S.; prevent individuals from assuming different identities between one country and the other; and identify those who have committed serious crimes or violated immigration laws in the other country, in order to enable more informed decisions on visas, admissibility or other immigration benefits.

The Treaty creates a legally binding instrument under international law to govern systematic immigration information sharing on all visa and permit applicants. Two separate implementing arrangements are currently contemplated under the Treaty. The first covers systematic biographic immigration information sharing to be implemented in late 2013, and the second will cover systematic biometric immigration information sharing to be implemented in fall 2014. An addendum Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) will be conducted on the systematic biometric information sharing arrangement prior to its implementation.
I see! Thank you very much for your time to help all of us, I've also learned a lot from this thread!!!! Thank you again :))

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
HI Eagle & other Member I have a question for you .

What is officer looking for when She/he asks you '' Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting ''

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:

What is officer looking for when She/he asks you '' Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting ''
Hi Tony,

I will answer your question by a question. Please explain how genuine is your relationship?

The key word that someone should know when they have an interview is that CIC want to clear eligibility by assessing if the relationship is genuine or not. Even they ask 1000 questions on that interview, all they want to know is if that relationship is full of makeups or naturel simple as that.

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016
tony000 said:

Did you get an e-mail from the LVO asking for this?

I think the question is very self-explanatory: What kind of relationship do you have? More importantly, why do you think the LVO is asking this question? They have serious doubts on your relationship which is why they have asked such a question. You need to prove that you are happily married, make a visit to Pakistan, go out, spend some time with the PA and take some quality pictures, take a trip somewhere, take lots of selfies, smiling laughing and having fun. Invite some friends/family to come with you...

You have plenty of time till the interview to make or break your case. Make sure you do the right thing...

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I need your opinion on my case, My application was received since Nov 28 2014, Turned IP Oct 9th, and it says we have started processing your application since March 2, 2015, I ordered notes Oct 26th, it just came, but nothing seems to have been done. My eligibility turn In Process since July 23rd, were a review is required. and it says due date is on the 2nd of February 2016. Does that means the next time they are going to look at my case will be in Feb 2nd 2016?. Criminality and Security both shows Not Started and the Medical say Pass-Expired.
Does anyone knows what i can do to facilitate the process, because i am about the only November applicant that is moving this slow.

thank you.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David9245 said:
Hello Everyone,

I need your opinion on my case, My application was received since Nov 28 2014, Turned IP Oct 9th, and it says we have started processing your application since March 2, 2015, I ordered notes Oct 26th, it just came, but nothing seems to have been done. My eligibility turn In Process since July 23rd, were a review is required. and it says due date is on the 2nd of February 2016. Does that means the next time they are going to look at my case will be in Feb 2nd 2016?. Criminality and Security both shows Not Started and the Medical say Pass-Expired.
Does anyone knows what i can do to facilitate the process, because i am about the only November applicant that is moving this slow.

thank you.

Few probing questions before I say something:

1. Is this your first marriage? what about the SPR?
2. Did you live in Canada before or visit?
3. Is this a proxy marriage?

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Thanks Eagle,

It is not a proxy marriage,
It is my first marriage and her second. I have never being to Canada.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David9245 said:
Thanks Eagle,

It is not a proxy marriage,
It is my first marriage and her second. I have never being to Canada.
Hi David,

It appears that your visa office is slow and experiencing a heavy backlog that is why it is moving very slow. If there were enough officers they would have reviewed your file long time ago. Your timeline is growing old which is not a good thing. Did you receive request for additional documents during this processing?

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Eagle,

Thank you for your response.
It is the Hong Kong Visa Office, It has a processing time of 11 months, And i almost at the 9th month already, that is really old. others that had the same timeline as me have already landed. As for the additional documents request, I made a mistake in my Generic form, where it says if i have ever used a nick name or alias, So i wrote to them telling them of the mistake and they responded that i filled an updated Generic form correcting the mistake. which i did. that has been the only request.if i remember correctly that was in August. Other than that. Nothing.

Human123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
hello I am 2014 applicant. my immigration
interview cancelled before 2 days ago of
interview. They said they will give me new
date.so plz share ur experience????when they
will give new date.plz help plz

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Human123 said:
hello I am 2014 applicant. my immigration
interview cancelled before 2 days ago of
interview. They said they will give me new
date.so plz share ur experience????when they
will give new date.plz help plz
why they cancel your interview , what is your visa office , how they inform you , i am also waiting for my interview

Human123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
for Canadian immigration at Islamabad Canadian embassy. they said we will inform you new date in next 30 days