OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAID MISKIN said:
U are most welcome my freind.
in your openion and experience how long to wait for landing after decision made from now onwards, is it possible that they have already completed landing documents as i am outside the country.
On the other hand i dont have passport, did you see like this situation how long can SCRC process the travel documents stamped with visa.

Please your thoughts and idea are important.

Regards,
Said
It depends how your visa office operates. Some visa offices will leave the IN PROCESS status until the visa issued. Others will change the status to DECISION MADE signifying that; final review of the whole file is over and approved but visa is not yet issued. I cannot say how long you have to wait. All I can tell you is hang tight and start getting ready to fly. you might wait 2-4 weeks if DM showed up after your visa was issued.

SAID MISKIN

Apr 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eagle333 said:
It depends how your visa office operates. Some visa offices will leave the IN PROCESS status until the visa issued. Others will change the status to DECISION MADE signifying that; final review of the whole file is over and approved but visa is not yet issued. I cannot say how long you have to wait. All I can tell you is hang tight and start getting ready to fly. you might wait 2-4 weeks if DM showed up after your visa was issued.
Thanks much my freind

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Hi Eagle333,

On ECAS, my address changed to new address ( My parents ) from my in-laws Address even though I never requested it. Do you know why. I did apply for TRV on Nov 20 with only My parents address on it . Does that have to do anything with this? The file transfer letter was sent to my in-laws address ( same address showed on ecas) but it shows my parent's address for some reason. Thanks in advance for helping us out.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Really appreciate it if someone could offer some advice to my question on page 55. Thank you so much.

C.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj04 said:
Hi Eagle333,

On ECAS, my address changed to new address ( My parents ) from my in-laws Address even though I never requested it. Do you know why. I did apply for TRV on Nov 20 with only My parents address on it . Does that have to do anything with this? The file transfer letter was sent to my in-laws address ( same address showed on ecas) but it shows my parent's address for some reason. Thanks in advance for helping us out.
rj04,

It is very clear that your second application (TRV) has the same full name, DOB, UCI #, Pictures, as your first application (PR) so CIC automatically take the second address as the current one. If I were an immigration officer I would have done it the same way because once they put your full name, DOB, CoR in GCMS your PR application will pop up on the screen. So the officers who will process your TRV will fully be aware of your PR application. They will make TRV decision based on your PR. I will explain myself: if PR application pauses a security risk, or need an interview session they might not issue the TRV, however, if everything on your PR seem to be straightforward they will issue TRV.

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Thanks Eagle333 for quick response. I have another question , If I get TRV visa , do I have to buy return flight ticket beforehand or I can buy one side and then buy return ticket If needed depending on how things go with my PR file. The intention is I hoping that I will get PR by Feb 2016, this way I would n't have to spend money on return ticket.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benitaagogo said:
Hi Eagle ! Thank you so much for the reply earlier that I've got DM and received COPR now :) I requested notes before DM and just received it today, there's one thing on it I'm curious about

INFO SHARING:

INFO SHARING:1
CREATED DATE: 2015/04/16
CRATED BY:JL11970
UPDATED DATE: 2015/10/15
UPDATED BY: EAIBIOG
UCI: XXXXXXX
FAMILY NAME: XXX
GIVEN NAMES: XXXXXX
TYPE: BIOGRAPHIC
PARTNER: USA
VALIDITY DATE: 2015/07/14
STATUS UPDATED BY: LW04882
STATUS UPDATED DATE: 2015/10/15
ASSIGNED TO: RC-9570
ASSIGNED BY: JL11970
DUE DATE: 2015/05/15
ACTIVITY : 2-6FNPZH3

I've traveled in the states back and forth about 3.4 times and average is about 4 months of staying, once was 5 months almost 6 months but I did not provide FBI clearance since i've never stayed over 6 months, I'm just curious what does biographic mean? It took 6 months to get the result according to the notes. Thank you for replying :)
Hello benitaagogo,

I did not see your post until now. First of all, Congratulation for your CoPR. What an awesome moment for you!

Canada/U.S. Information Sharing Treaty Summary

Privacy Impact Assessment Summary – The Agreement Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of Canada For the Sharing of Visa and Immigration Information, and the draft Arrangement between the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency, and the Department of State and the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America concerning Biographic Visa and Immigration Information Sharing

On December 13, 2012 Canada signed a Treaty with the United States of America (U.S.) to enable systematic immigration information sharing between the two countries on third country nationals. The purpose of automating the sharing of immigration and visa information is to broaden both countries joint capability to: identify individuals who seek to enter the perimeter for mala fide purposes and prevent them from travelling to Canada or the U.S.; prevent individuals from assuming different identities between one country and the other; and identify those who have committed serious crimes or violated immigration laws in the other country, in order to enable more informed decisions on visas, admissibility or other immigration benefits.

The Treaty creates a legally binding instrument under international law to govern systematic immigration information sharing on all visa and permit applicants. Two separate implementing arrangements are currently contemplated under the Treaty. The first covers systematic biographic immigration information sharing to be implemented in late 2013, and the second will cover systematic biometric immigration information sharing to be implemented in fall 2014. An addendum Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) will be conducted on the systematic biometric information sharing arrangement prior to its implementation.

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
So we have a DM under PR application status but if I click for more info all we get is

Permanent Residence
We received XXXXX XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on April 17, 2015.
We started processing XXXXX XXXXXX's application on May 28, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

Is there supposed to be more?

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Hi Eagle333...,
I need your help please
I just got my GCMS report today and am to confused ,,63 pages with repeated words that i didn’t understand anything from it
are they arranging the updates from old to new or opposite or what... as i see the dates on the report from july 2015 and nothing new EXCEPT for few pages in the middle like
GCMS INFORMATION REQUEST APPLICATION
REQUESTED DATE NOV 23,2015
UPDATED BY;
UCI *********
NAME *******
TYPE medical
STATUS passed
Assessed for : ALL
Due date APRIL 26 ,2016
IME# status : ASSESSED
Reason for closure : GRANTED
VALID UNTIL Nov 18,2015
what does that mean ?
where should i look at ?
thanks

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj04 said:
Thanks Eagle333 for quick response. I have another question , If I get TRV visa , do I have to buy return flight ticket beforehand or I can buy one side and then buy return ticket If needed depending on how things go with my PR file. The intention is I hoping that I will get PR by Feb 2016, this way I would n't have to spend money on return ticket.
You're welcome my dear,

On a serious note, when you land at any Canadian Airport the CBSA will ask you why you did not buy a return flight. Remember that CBSA has all right to cancel your visa if the suspect something does not make sense. Immigration at the VO will issue TRV but CBSA can still cancel that TRV like I said if they suspect you are not going to return. CBSA will prefer to cancel your TRV at the airport and send you back then letting you in the country then start tracking you down which is a waist of government resources. I am sure you understand the logic behind what I said?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medopharm said:
Hi Eagle333...,
I need your help please
I just got my GCMS report today and am to confused ,,63 pages with repeated words that i didn’t understand anything from it
are they arranging the updates from old to new or opposite or what... as i see the dates on the report from july 2015 and nothing new EXCEPT for few pages in the middle like
GCMS INFORMATION REQUEST APPLICATION
REQUESTED DATE NOV 23,2015
UPDATED BY;
UCI *********
NAME *******
TYPE medical
STATUS passed
Assessed for : ALL
Due date APRIL 26 ,2016
IME# status : ASSESSED
Reason for closure : GRANTED
VALID UNTIL Nov 18,2015
what does that mean ?
where should i look at ?
thanks
medopharm,

What is the status of Eligibility and Criminality? I know security will say not started or blank.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pollen said:
So we have a DM under PR application status but if I click for more info all we get is

Permanent Residence
We received XXXXX XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on April 17, 2015.
We started processing XXXXX XXXXXX's application on May 28, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

Is there supposed to be more?
Read first note on page 56.

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
I just know there used to be a note about how they will contact you and I thought I read earlier in the posts about it still saying something else on top of the 3 things ours said which it has said since in progress. If it is just that yes sometimes that is all it says and there is nothing to worry about then great! Maybe just say that from now on because I read the first post on 56 and it was answering a different question to mine and I was just trying to get some clarification.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Eagle333 said:
medopharm,

What is the status of Eligibility and Criminality? I know security will say not started or blank.
sponsorship Application # F000****
status IN PROGRESS
Family class sponsorship
status passed
security . not started
ciminality not started
medical passed
eligibility passed

this what i was able to get from the notes

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pollen said:
I just know there used to be a note about how they will contact you and I thought I read earlier in the posts about it still saying something else on top of the 3 things ours said which it has said since in progress. If it is just that yes sometimes that is all it says and there is nothing to worry about then great! Maybe just say that from now on because I read the first post on 56 and it was answering a different question to mine and I was just trying to get some clarification.
If your vo displays DM before visa is issued you understand maybe that is why there is no notes yet on eCas talking about DM. Could be your DM was just the approval of the entire file but few touch-ups need to be done before vo issues the visa and CoPR.