+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
Yes, I have tried. no luck

DelPiero07 said:
Did you choose "No, my work permit is LMIA exempt and employer specific?"

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
you and I are in exactly same scenario. you should get 50 points or 80 (30 for education) but I just don't know why I am not getting those points. I have updated my profile few times, within a week. the points are not going up.

Ravi123456 said:
Hi,

I have worked in Canada for 1 year and 4 months in a job that is NOC 2171 (and I am currently still working here), will I be eligible for the 50 points? if yes, do i have to select that i have a valid job offer and what does that entail?

1) I dont have an LMIA but I am issued a work permit that has my employers name on it. I am a SINP nominee-International skilled worker with employment offer category. I am issued a work permit that is LMIA exempt due to the PNP nomination but restricted to my employee. Hence, the employers name on the work permit. Please advise.

Thanks
Ravi

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArslanZahid said:
I am not getting my 50 points yet. I had the post grad WP which I changed into closed WP with employer name on it 2 months ago. I have a full-time permanent job and I am working there from last 20 months. I am pretty sure I am eligible for 50 points but doing something wrong here.
You've only been working for that employer on that WP for two months.

You need to work for a full year on a valid work permit exempt from LMIA. You are basically counting your work experience on a PGWP which does not count towards those 50 points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Cheers :)

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Wondering what folks from Indian Companies are going to provide for Job Offer. Its very unlikely that these companies will give in writing any offer letter in CIC Specific format. I am ICT Work permit from April 2015 that is going to expire in March 2017 and company is filing my extension for next 2 years. I do have Canada Letter that we receive during ICT extension that mentions my role and responsibilities details, length of my project(2 Years) and other details. Does That suffice as Job Offer? Any suggestions\thoughts on this?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upmanit said:
Wondering what folks from Indian Companies are going to provide for Job Offer. Its very unlikely that these companies will give in writing any offer letter in CIC Specific format. I am ICT Work permit from April 2015 that is going to expire in March 2017 and company is filing my extension for next 2 years. I do have Canada Letter that we receive during ICT extension that mentions my role and responsibilities details, length of my project(2 Years) and other details. Does That suffice as Job Offer? Any suggestions\thoughts on this?
That extension letter seems that would be sufficient as proof.

EeCanadian

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
Med's Done....
26-02-2017
ArslanZahid said:
you and I are in exactly same scenario. you should get 50 points or 80 (30 for education) but I just don't know why I am not getting those points. I have updated my profile few times, within a week. the points are not going up.
Hi ArslanZahid,

I am in the same situation as yours, (recently got my wrkpermit renewed from PGWP to employer specific as I am BCPNP paper application nominee) and I chose 'No, LMIA-exempt due to federal and provincial/territorial agreements ' for LMIA question in EE. I got my score bumped by 50 points now. I believe thats the clause we (pnp based workpermits) come under. Correct me if am wrong. Let me know if you had tried it.

Thanks,

kallucanada

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Hi

2 years back, I received my PR reference letter from my employer with a date, an address of the employer and a contact person of HR, start date working in Canada with designation and NOC code,.......

Now, do we need to get another letter as per recent CIC changes as highlighted below? If yes, we exactly need to mention in the reference letter

Or would CIC still consider my old reference letter as a valid job offer/reference number?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

Can someone please confirm about this query?

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
My question to you would be: will you "have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa."

If so, I reckon you can claim those points.

Hi DelPiero,

Thanks for your reply.

I think its not possible for me to get an offer letter from that employer which says I would be employed atleast one year after the PR is issued. To be frank my terms with my employer are not really that great. He will give me an offer letter that says its a full time job not more than that :(

1) Lets say by hook or crook i did get the letter that says I will be employed for at-least one year after the PR card is issued. Does that mean I have to be employed with my current employer for at-least one year after I get my PR card?

Ravi

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ravi123456 said:
Hi DelPiero,

Thanks for your reply.

I think its not possible for me to get an offer letter from that employer which says I would be employed atleast one year after the PR is issued. To be frank my terms with my employer are not really that great. He will give me an offer letter that says its a full time job not more than that :(

1) Lets say by hook or crook i did get the letter that says I will be employed for at-least one year after the PR card is issued. Does that mean I have to be employed with my current employer for at-least one year after I get my PR card?

Ravi
This is an interesting point that has also puzzled me. What is the point of this stipulation if it is not enforced? What happens in the event a company is unable to continue or the employee fails to fulfill their job role and gets fired or quits before the 12 months are complete?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ravi123456 said:
Hi DelPiero,

Thanks for your reply.

Ravi
The truth is just like Pippin said. We do not how CIC plans to enforce these rules and what consequences (if any) will occur if failing to work for one year after receiving PR.

I wish you good luck as I do not have a clear-cut answer in this case.

GM_SM

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2016
Doc's Request.
08-11-2016
Nomination.....
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
Ravi123456 said:
Hi DelPiero,

Thanks for your reply.

Ravi
Hi Ravi,

If your letter says that it is permanent job and there is no end date, that letter should suffice as the proof.

I have the same case, I am an ICT too my latter says permanent job but no end date, though somewhere in the letter they have generic comment

"While you are employed in Canada your employment is for an indefinite period, subject to termination for cause without notice or pay in lieu of notice or without cause by the Company providing you with the greater of what you would receive under the Company's severance guidelines or your entitlements under the Employment Standards Act, 2000."

If you have something like that, that will help too.

Also CIC cannot enforce that at all, CIC is only looking it as an assurance that you will have some employment or other. They are also aware not 100% of employers\candidates will abide by that.

After you get PR, you are like a free bird ;D

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Are there any checks on the employer himself providing the employment ? like the company should be registered and in business for so and so years, so and so workforce no, Business activity-revenue stuff like that ?

Ravi

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ravi123456 said:
Are there any checks on the employer himself providing the employment ? like the company should be registered and in business for so and so years, so and so workforce no, Business activity-revenue stuff like that ?

Ravi
Yes...more interesting points. Under LMIA, there were all sorts of company requirements and CRA documents to be provided. No idea what they will want now.

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Ravi123456 said:

Ravi
Hello Everyone,

I need advice from the experts in this forum.

Currently my EE score is 473. MY IELTS scores are kind of not so good and can be improved (R 9, L 7, W 6.5, S 7.5). Currently I work in a job that comes under NOC 2171. I worked for this employer on a PGWP for 10 months and an employer specific work permit for 6 months.

1) Has ###### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work). What should be my answer for this question? Yes or no?

2) And, also my employer agreed to give me a letter that state I will be employed for a minimum duration of at-least one year after the visa is issued. That will make my score 523 and an ITA is 95% guaranteed in the next draw (provide I can answer yes to my Q1). But, I am not sure what are the conditions on my PR are going to be. I must absolutely in any case work for 1 year with my current employer which I prefer not to :(. My second option is to better prepare for IELTS and try to improve the score to 479 realistically or 485 (high effort scenario) and then wait for me to get picked up. One to two month process for IELTS +waiting time for ITA.

Please forum members advise me which way is a better way to proceed?

Thanks
Ravi

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ravi123456 said:
Hello Everyone,

I need advice from the experts in this forum.

Currently my EE score is 473. MY IELTS scores are kind of not so good and can be improved (R 9, L 7, W 6.5, S 7.5). Currently I work in a job that comes under NOC 2171. I worked for this employer on a PGWP for 10 months and an employer specific work permit for 6 months.

1) Has ###### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work). What should be my answer for this question? Yes or no?

2) And, also my employer agreed to give me a letter that state I will be employed for a minimum duration of at-least one year after the visa is issued. That will make my score 523 and an ITA is 95% guaranteed in the next draw (provide I can answer yes to my Q1). But, I am not sure what are the conditions on my PR are going to be. I must absolutely in any case work for 1 year with my current employer which I prefer not to :(. My second option is to better prepare for IELTS and try to improve the score to 479 realistically or 485 (high effort scenario) and then wait for me to get picked up. One to two month process for IELTS +waiting time for ITA.

Please forum members advise me which way is a better way to proceed?

Thanks
Ravi
1) No
2) you'll only get the 50 points after you have worked for a year on your current NAMED work permit, so the job offer doesn't matter.