+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ravi123456 said:
Hello Everyone,

I need advice from the experts in this forum.

Currently my EE score is 473. MY IELTS scores are kind of not so good and can be improved (R 9, L 7, W 6.5, S 7.5). Currently I work in a job that comes under NOC 2171. I worked for this employer on a PGWP for 10 months and an employer specific work permit for 6 months.

1) Has ###### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work). What should be my answer for this question? Yes or no?

2) And, also my employer agreed to give me a letter that state I will be employed for a minimum duration of at-least one year after the visa is issued. That will make my score 523 and an ITA is 95% guaranteed in the next draw (provide I can answer yes to my Q1). But, I am not sure what are the conditions on my PR are going to be. I must absolutely in any case work for 1 year with my current employer which I prefer not to :(. My second option is to better prepare for IELTS and try to improve the score to 479 realistically or 485 (high effort scenario) and then wait for me to get picked up. One to two month process for IELTS +waiting time for ITA.

Please forum members advise me which way is a better way to proceed?

Thanks
Ravi
I had a discussion yesterday with a forum member regarding your first question.

1 - My understanding is that this question wants to know if you've been on a employer specific permit or a open work permit. IMO since you've been on a employer specific permit for 6 months you need to wait another 6 months to claim those points.

2 - If you do not want to work for that employer for one year after PR then your answer is clear, improve your IELTS which will guarantee you a quicker ITA (you will receive an invitation eventually with your current score anyways).

Cheers :)

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
What happened to the ranking system that is mentioned in the thread start? Are people able to see their rankings in the pool or is it yet to be rolled out?

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
Hi,

No, I did try that, but I guess they updated my score and gave me 50 points two days ago. my answer to that question was just "NO". Have you got 30 points for education as well?

EeCanadian said:
Hi ArslanZahid,

I am in the same situation as yours, (recently got my wrkpermit renewed from PGWP to employer specific as I am BCPNP paper application nominee) and I chose 'No, LMIA-exempt due to federal and provincial/territorial agreements ' for LMIA question in EE. I got my score bumped by 50 points now. I believe thats the clause we (pnp based workpermits) come under. Correct me if am wrong. Let me know if you had tried it.

Thanks,

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
Hi Del,

I have got 50 points though, you are right, but I have been working with the same employer for more than a year and half as well on a different work permit though

DelPiero07 said:
You've only been working for that employer on that WP for two months.

You need to work for a full year on a valid work permit exempt from LMIA. You are basically counting your work experience on a PGWP which does not count towards those 50 points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArslanZahid said:
Hi Del,

I have got 50 points though, you are right, but I have been working with the same employer for more than a year and half as well on a different work permit though
How did you answer this question though?

1) Has ###### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?

I'm curious :)

AmBlerie

Nov 29, 2016
Hi guys,

How long does it take for the points to be updated on your profile after you add the Canadian education for international students.

Do you get an email from immigration saying it's updated or do you have to constantly check the website for updates

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
hi guys

I have an LMIA in process at the moment with job offer, I was hoping to come to Canada with PR status as I have done everything and prepared.

So reference letters obtained, medical already done upfront, I didn't realise the points for LMIA was going to change.

Im now down to 418 points and from the last draw and what ive read no chance of getting an ITA even though I have a job offer

I don't see how I will get ITA, do they just do a cut off on points or look at individual applications?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmBlerie said:
Hi guys,

How long does it take for the points to be updated on your profile after you add the Canadian education for international students.

Do you get an email from immigration saying it's updated or do you have to constantly check the website for updates
Up to 48 hours.

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hello,

I have a basic question in EE.

1) Once you get ITA, do we have to apply paper based or can we apply online ?
2) If we have to send paper based documents do all the documents need to be original or can we send photocopies (Especially Police certificate may be attested)?

Thanks
Ravi

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ravi123456 said:
Hello,

I have a basic question in EE.

1) Once you get ITA, do we have to apply paper based or can we apply online ?
2) If we have to send paper based documents do all the documents need to be original or can we send photocopies (Especially Police certificate may be attested)?

Thanks
Ravi
Everything is uploaded electronically.

Canque

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hello Everyone
Please need help to understand
What if I am on open work permit and there is a word mentioned "ANY" Employer on my work permit. Am I eligible for 50 points or there need be specific name of a company /organization?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canque said:
Hello Everyone
Please need help to understand
What if I am on open work permit and there is a word mentioned "ANY" Employer on my work permit. Am I eligible for 50 points or there need be specific name of a company /organization?
Open work permits do not qualify for those 50 points.

Either you have a LMIA or a LMIA exempt work permit with your employer's name on such work permit.

Canque

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Thanks for your quick reply. However I am already LMIA exempt because I got open work permit based on my spouse study permit. But there is no specific company name on my work permit

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canque said:
Thanks for your quick reply. However I am already LMIA exempt because I got open work permit based on my spouse study permit. But there is no specific company name on my work permit
One of the requirements of a valid job offer is "currently working for an employer specified on the work permit"

You do not meet that requirement, therefore you are not eligible for those 50 points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp