+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CIC ONLINE Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Application

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hbushra said:
How do you type your name in URDU, on the family information form online?
U can use english to urdu online translate website and just type ur name and copy paste online...dont they have image upload option...

gs123raja

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2014
AOR Received.
17-Feb-2015
I am not able to submit TRV application for my wife and daughter online, together with my TRV application.
Online for me TRV is displaying and list of forms for TRV is being displayed. Where in for my wife and daughter(6 yr old), the CIC application is listing application to remain as visitor, rather extend TRV??

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
hi, did you succeed in your 3rd trial for trv ,

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
gs123raja said:
I am not able to submit TRV application for my wife and daughter online, together with my TRV application.
Online for me TRV is displaying and list of forms for TRV is being displayed. Where in for my wife and daughter(6 yr old), the CIC application is listing application to remain as visitor, rather extend TRV??
I faced the same problem and I asked for support from forum, none replied. Did U ultimately succed.

MGinfo

Feb 19, 2015
Hi was a student last year and my visa expired this 1st of february but I got a job and a work permit on January, right now I'm trying to apply to a new TRV for the duration of my work permit from inside Canada but I have only found the option to do it by regular mail which will be longer and will leave me without my original ID documents (passport and work permit) for much longer than if I could apply online.

When I go to the apply online option and fill all the questions with the country I'm currently at (Canada) the form to fill that it gives me in the end is the IMM5257E that says that I'm applying from outside Canada.

Does anyone by any chance know a way to apply online to a new TRV from inside Canada while having an expired TRV and a new Work Permit?

Thanks in advance.

rezagh

Jan 29, 2015
Hi. I am an international student here in Canada, and I want to apply for my family outside Canada to visit me. My mother and father have a high chance of getting tourist (family visit) visa, but my single sister does not. If I apply for them as a whole family, do you think the risky situation of my sister will affect my parents chance of getting visa?
Thanks

dAcE

Mar 27, 2015
Hi, I need to apply for the Canadian Visa ASAP. I am going to do it online. However, there are some sections that need my signature. Do I need to fill the forms on my PC, then print them so that I can sign them and scan the forms again so that I can upload everything ? This is kind of confusing and I really need help from anyone who has apply before.
Thank you

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
Dace,

U dont need to sign any of the forms in the online application.

godsservant

Dec 11, 2014
Hi Everyone.

Please help me,, while applying for my Moms Visa..

I applied for Super Visa , instead of Multiple entry Tourist visitor Visa

My Mom would never stay for more than 3-4 months,,though she may visit often.

Now CIC has asked me insurance for Super Visa.

Can i change application ? Also is Insurance mandatory for Visitor Visa

usrinivasanu

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
I really doubt if you can change the super visa application to visitor. Even if you try to do that, it may potentially lead to a visa refusal. If they have requested for insurance which means it is almost approved. So it is a good idea to get the insurance for one year and submit it.

in love with my hubby

Oct 15, 2012
Visa Office......
OTTAWA /ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 DEC 2011
Doc's Request.
re- pcc on 20 june 2013, chc rec. 18 july 13
File Transfer...
14 FEB 2012
Med's Request
20 june 2013
Med's Done....
3rd july 2013
Passport Req..
alhumdulillah! on 5th nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2013 yeaaaah!!!!
LANDED..........
1rst dec 2013
hi guys, i have a question regarding technical issue for my mother's trv , i applied for her and my father's online visit visa as i am expecting , due in june , the thing iss that they went for biometrics couple of days back then after one day , my father online status is saying we have received ur biometrics and my mother is saying no further documents required. i have sent a case specific inquiry but it is also saying that if ur r within the limits of processing times than u will not receive any reply,.

canvi

Feb 20, 2013
foofighterz19 said:
Hello Everyone,

I just completed the online CIC TRV application for my wife and myself. Both of us are in Canada and have renewed work permits but our TRV's have expired along with our previous work permits. I used the online system rather than by mail, since it looks like it shaves 2 days off the processing time,

New temporary resident visa
(For valid Study or Work Permit holders ONLY) 16 days January 2, 2013 14 days January 4, 2013

This is from the CIC processing times website.
So I do not understand why Mac seems to think that the processing time is,

"2. which processing time will apply (inside =94 days and outside Canada=7days)"

Where are you getting that from Mac?

Also we (my wife and I) had to apply separately as you cannot apply together for TRV, the online method does not allow this. However I confirmed with the call center that I can mail the passports together to the Ottawa office once the processing is completed and I am notified by e-mail to mail the passports. I assume that is how it works, although the person at the call center seemed to be in a bigger hurry to get me off the phone than to actually answer my questions, so this information is dubious at best. Has anyone here actually finished this process?

1. I would like to know the following, approx. how long after your application was submitted using the online process, does the Ottawa office request your passport to be mailed?
2. Can we overnight the passports and include a prepaid envelope for them to overnight the passports back to you?
3. Is it possible that the passports are not required and that the Ottawa office will mail you the visa counterfoils that you will affix yourself I know that this seems silly, but the thought did occur to me after I read on the CIC website that the advantage of the online application is you save on mailing documents, here is an excerpt from the CIC website,
"As of December 15, 2012, you may complete and submit your application online. Using our online services is quick and easy. The system guides and assists you while you complete your application, thus reducing errors that can cause additional processing delays. Applying online saves you time and money since there is no cost to mail your forms and documents."

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Just want to add on to this thread so that others get help and don't make the same mistake I made.
foofighterz19, you are right.
Though online applications shows as if you are OK to submit applications for couple with one log in id, it does not work that way. Online application shows as if, you can upload documents for both applicants at a time. Reality is that you can upload supporting documents such as financial support, letter of invitation, etc.. only for the main applicant.
I made a mistake and applied for both my parents in one application. Only my mom's visa was approved, because they considered all my supporting documents as if they were meant only for my mom. My dad's application was rejected, as they thought my dad didn't not provide any supporting document.

I talked to CIC. They mentioned even though you include 2 people in one application using online visa application, system generates 2 application numbers for both candidates. Both those applications might go to 2 different immigration officers. In that case, one immigration officer will not get supporting documents you attached for the main applicant.

CIC rep suggested me to reapply for my dad immediately explaining what went wrong for the first time.

Shabih

Feb 10, 2014
Hi:

I applied for TRV, but not online, I downloaded the forms, filled them, did the medical, medical reports are sent automatically by the doc to CIC.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Friends, Have anyone applied TRV for newborn baby being/staying outside Canada. Parents being a PR. Kindly advise the process please..Many Thx in advance