+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CIC ONLINE Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Application

spring.bustle

Star Member
May 26, 2012
arisudu said:
Here is the timeline.
For my wife - application date :20-Dec-2012, got passport request on 05-Jan-2013, Sent passport and got it back in 2 weeks.
For me - Application date : 20-Feb-2013, got passport request on 03-Apr-2013, will be sending my passport soon.
Hi Arisudu,

I applied online on the 7th of April 2013. Looking at the timeline of your application - it took more than 1.5 months to process (to get the passport request). However, as per processing times posted on the CIC website , typical processing times for online application is usually ~20 days. Was it just the case of your application that processing took longer or is it the case of all applications? I also see that your wife's application was processed much faster (may be processing time was less during December).

Now I'm worried whether I'll be able to get my visa before my planned travel date. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Spring

zecalacerda84

Jun 10, 2013
Hello,

I am concerned with not getting my passport back for my trip to Canada. I have sent it over two weeks ago. My concern is because my address has changed since my application, even though the USPS express mail envelope that I sent alongside my passport had my new address. Would anybody have some information that could help me?

Thanks.

taduke

Jun 17, 2013
For me
Submitted online application - May 10, 2013
Received passport request - Jun 3, 2013
Send passport - Jun 4, 2013

As of today, my return tracking number shows no results. I plan to travel on July 1.

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Taduke

I have the similar story as yours.

Applied for TRV - 25th May 2013
Received response to send passport -3rd June 2013
Sent Passport - 5th June 2013

I sent passport to OTTAWA for stamping.

I haven't received my passport back after being stamped.No results when trying to track with CanadaPost tracking Number.
I emailed them and even sent a fax message but still no replies.I just hope my passport is not lost.

Could anyone let us know the time it takes to get the passport stamped.
Any suggestions are very much welcomed.

Thanks

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Brandy

I received the request to sent my passport via message from cic sent to me as an email.

Taduke - Did you received your passport back???

sali84

Jun 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2012
Med's Request
27-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-09-2013
foofighterz19 said:
Hello Everyone,

I just completed the online CIC TRV application for my wife and myself. Both of us are in Canada and have renewed work permits but our TRV's have expired along with our previous work permits. I used the online system rather than by mail, since it looks like it shaves 2 days off the processing time,

New temporary resident visa
(For valid Study or Work Permit holders ONLY) 16 days January 2, 2013 14 days January 4, 2013

This is from the CIC processing times website.
So I do not understand why Mac seems to think that the processing time is,

"2. which processing time will apply (inside =94 days and outside Canada=7days)"

Where are you getting that from Mac?

Also we (my wife and I) had to apply separately as you cannot apply together for TRV, the online method does not allow this. However I confirmed with the call center that I can mail the passports together to the Ottawa office once the processing is completed and I am notified by e-mail to mail the passports. I assume that is how it works, although the person at the call center seemed to be in a bigger hurry to get me off the phone than to actually answer my questions, so this information is dubious at best. Has anyone here actually finished this process?

1. I would like to know the following, approx. how long after your application was submitted using the online process, does the Ottawa office request your passport to be mailed?
2. Can we overnight the passports and include a prepaid envelope for them to overnight the passports back to you?
3. Is it possible that the passports are not required and that the Ottawa office will mail you the visa counterfoils that you will affix yourself I know that this seems silly, but the thought did occur to me after I read on the CIC website that the advantage of the online application is you save on mailing documents, here is an excerpt from the CIC website,
"As of December 15, 2012, you may complete and submit your application online. Using our online services is quick and easy. The system guides and assists you while you complete your application, thus reducing errors that can cause additional processing delays. Applying online saves you time and money since there is no cost to mail your forms and documents."

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi foofighterz19,

I saw your post about online TRV application. I also want to apply for TRV from within Canada. I am currently on a work permit. Can you please let me know what answers you gave for the questionnaire and what forms came up as a result of those answers?

Different forms show up when you apply online and for paper application.

Questions for your reference:
What would you like to do in Canada? (I am already in Canada and on work permit)

If I select work here , i get different forms and if I select visit here, i would get different forms...in any case i need to apply for TRV

I would really appreciate your response.

-Thanks,
Shahzad

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi All

I contacted CIC for my TRV Stamping and passport return.It has been a month.

They provided me a status that its pending on medical clearance.
Any idea guys...how much time it will take to get back the passport after being stamped.

It has been more than a year I'm in Canada..So Do I still need to submit Medical examination Report.

Thanks in advance...

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hello Everyone

Did anyone received their passport after being sent to CPP-Ottawa when applied online.
I'm still waiting for my passport.Its been 45 days now.

kmohan1985

Dec 23, 2012
Hi Guys,

Good one to all! I applied TRV application through on-line from Canada. With in 2 days, verified my application and they asked me to submit a passport to corresponding office address.

There we can send through courier or postal, or even we can drop off the passport if the some visa offices if the option avail.

Thanks.

kmohan1985

Dec 23, 2012
Hi Guys,

Good one to all! I applied TRV application through on-line from Canada. With in 2 days, verified my application and they asked me to submit a passport to corresponding office address.

There we can send through courier or postal, or even we can drop off the passport if the some visa offices if the option avail.

Thanks.

Raj13j

Feb 10, 2014
kmohan1985 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Hi kmohan,

Did you got your passport back from CIC?

Raj13j

Feb 10, 2014
My Friend,

I applied on 5th Feb, hopefully it should come early.

I don't want to send my passport to CIC for stamping :mad: after looking at their response timelines ??? ::) :'( :'( :'(