+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CIC ONLINE Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Application

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
Hi foofighterz19
I got the processing time from the link below
"2. which processing time will apply (inside =94 days and outside Canada=7days)"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
"Also we (my wife and I) had to apply separately as you cannot apply together for TRV, the online method does not allow this".
You can actually submit your application together, but one of you has to sign Authorization for family member IMM5713 form.

Hi jass_virgoan
I have not yet submitted my application. I am in Canada and my spouse is outside Canada, and I am not sure where both applications will be processed, in Canada or Outside Canada. And how long it will take.

Has anyone got news about the online application for TRV?

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
Hi foofighterz19
I got the processing time from the link below
"2. which processing time will apply (inside =94 days and outside Canada=7days)"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
"Also we (my wife and I) had to apply separately as you cannot apply together for TRV, the online method does not allow this".
You can actually submit your application together, but one of you has to sign Authorization for family member IMM5713 form.

Hi jass_virgoan
I have not yet submitted my application. I am in Canada and my spouse is outside Canada, and I am not sure where both applications will be processed, in Canada or Outside Canada. And how long it will take.

Has anyone got news about the online application for TRV?

foofighterz19

Jan 23, 2013
Thanks for your reply Mac. From that same link you posted,

New temporary resident visa
(For valid Study or Work Permit holders ONLY) 16 days January 2, 2013 14 days January 4, 2013

Are you applying for TRV for the first time? Maybe we are talking apples and oranges in that case.

Also with regards to applying together with your spouse I am sure you can do it by mail using the method you have stated but there is no way (as of now) to do this when applying online.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hello guys...Can someone please advise, where to pay the fees and what forms need to be filled up for multiple visa entry ? I have filled IMM5257 form but I have few doubts in this form as I am not sure...

1. Name, Person, Relationship of any person or institute I will visit - I am not sure what information do i need to provide here.
2. How long you plan to stay - I don't know what dates to put in here.
3. Employment history - Do I need to provide all my employment details here for example if there are 12 ?

There is another form called 'Order of receipt of payment', I will be sending paper application, so please advise how and where do I pay my fees ??

Would it be possible to do Online application ?

Thank you.

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
Thanks foofighterz19
You are right, the processing time is shorter (16 and 14 days)

But your answer to the second issue is not strong because that will defeat the purpose of online application: they want to eliminate paper application. Again, if you read the operational bulletin for e-application, it says one can include as many as 6 family members, and applications are sent CIC offices around the globe (Global Case Management System - GCMS). In addition, the online questionnaire I did tells me I can include my spouse even though she is not in Canada already. Check out the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob486.asp

lukcydude

Jan 24, 2013
Hi guys,

Last week, I applied for a TRV through the new online system, and I can tell you the system is completely broken.

First of all, the documents I uploaded could not be seen after being uploaded to the website. The forms uploaded all appeared to be blank in my case. I contacted the e-Services unit and they verified that the system had technical problems. But then they told me to go ahead and submit my application. They warned me that I might not be able to see the uploaded documents prior to submission.

So, I paid the fees and everything and made the one last click to submit the application.

The day after, however, I got a refusal letter from the embassy saying that the case was rejected due to missing documents. Their explanation was that almost every thing from the proof of funds letter to the invitation letter and everything was missing. It should be noted that the system does not even allow you to submit the application if any document is not provided. So, one can only submit an application only if all the documents are uploaded.

Even though I have the written email from their e-Services unit confirming the issue with their system prior to the submission of my application, it seems like all my efforts to convince them that it has been a complete failure of their system have been completely pointless. I have emailed the embassy, the technical unit, and have made multiple calls to the call center without any success. Now they are telling me that the only way I can proceed is to start all over again, submit the documents, and pay the fees.

I can only say that I am very disappointed and at this point don't have any clue what to do. I tried to fill in a new application, but it seems like I have the same issue with the new application as well. I am worried that I may end up submitting another application and getting rejected for the same reason as before.

If you have any similar experience or any thoughts on what can be done, I would very much appreciate your sharing of your thoughts.

foofighterz19

Jan 23, 2013
Thanks again for your reply Mac. I agree with you the application should allow up to 6 family members as stated, however based on my experience the family members need to be applying for a work/study or visitor permit, not a TRV. If multiple family members need TRV, then as of now, the online system does not allow it. Hopefully it will in the near future. Currently before you submit an online application you need to answer a series of questions that check your eligibility and generate a personal checklist code. You need this code to file the application. If you take up this little quiz you will see that the system does not allow multiple family members to apply for TRV under the same application, it does allow visitor/study/work permits etc. as I mentioned earlier. I would include some links but the forum doesn't let newbies post links I guess. Anyway the system is still very new and they are working out the kinks, some day (soon I hope) this limitation will be lifted.

Lukcydude, that sounds terrible, now I am really apprehensive about my application :eek:. There was a message on the CIC portal where I uploaded my documents that said the "View Documents" feature is currently unavailable, but I did not have a problem submitting my docs and received confirmations of submissions for my wife and I within the hour. This was on 22nd morning, I don't have any messages after that, I really hope your situation does not repeat in my case. I have a flight out on Feb 14th and the only reason I applied online was because it was supposed to be faster. Keeping my fingers crossed, will wait and see. Good luck with your new application, if I were you I would go with the mail option (it seems to be more reliable at this point). I will share my experience here as I hear back from CIC.

arisudu, can you please give us an update on your online application since you applied way back in December! Surely you have received some sort of notification by now?

Anyone else who has submitted online application, please share your experience. Thanks!!!

jeanrosario

Jan 30, 2013
Hi! I am currently applying for my whole family for a visitors visa. foofighzer and mac mentioned about the IMM5713 form, but I can't find it anywhere on the CIC website. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me the link to get this form. I am likewise apprehensive about doing this on line application, since it is new and apparently has flaws. Luckydude.. were you able to get your visa? I do hope for more reviews on the system so I would be guided as to whether to submit it the usual way or thru online submission. I would truly appreciate your feedback.

foofighterz19

Jan 23, 2013
Jeanrosario,

I did not fill out this form as my wife and I submitted separate applications (online method). My belief is that as of now there is no way to submit one application for all family members for TRV using online method . I assume Mac was referring to paper application if he mentioned this form.

Good luck!

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
when you complete the online questionnaire, it will ask you if you want to apply for any of your family members starting from your spouse. Just complete the questionnaire and the system will pull out the forms and supporting documents you will need.

see the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

jeanrosario

Jan 30, 2013
Thank you Mac, your suggestion helped. It is possible to apply for the whole family (maximum of 6) online. I was able to find imm5713 as well. Mac, one more clarification. When you submit online, there is no need to sign the forms? I know the IMM5257 there is no need. How about the others? Do you print it out, sign then scan? Last question.. how is a digital signature done. I do hope you can still help me. Thanks so much in advance.

arisudu

Oct 30, 2012
Ya. Two things happened. My wife's application was processed and then on MyCIC website they posted a notification for asking the original passport. CPP-O won't send you any email so you need to check your online MyCIC account. We logged in after several weeks and saw the notification and sent the passport this week with the printed copy of the notification with the application reference number along with original passport.

For my application - It was a problem as the system did not generate the Application reference number after I submitted the application. Since there was no application number it wasn't sent to the CPP-O. When I contacted them for the status they said there is no application for TRV. So I need to submit my application again. Make sure to check the application number after you submitted your online application.

arisudu

Oct 30, 2012
foofighterz19 said:
Arisudu have you heard back from CPP-O? Did you have to mail them your passport? Have you received your Visa? Would really appreciate it if you could share your timeline.

Thanks buddy.
Ya. Two things happened. My wife's application was processed and then on MyCIC website they posted a notification for asking the original passport. CPP-O won't send you any email so you need to check your online MyCIC account. We logged in after several weeks and saw the notification and sent the passport this week with the printed copy of the notification with the application reference number along with original passport.

For my application - It was a problem as the system did not generate the Application reference number after I submitted the application. Since there was no application number it wasn't sent to the CPP-O. When I contacted them for the status they said there is no application for TRV. So I need to submit my application again. Make sure to check the application number after you submitted your online application.

arisudu

Oct 30, 2012

arisudu

Oct 30, 2012
foofighterz19 said:
Arisudu have you heard back from CPP-O? Did you have to mail them your passport? Have you received your Visa? Would really appreciate it if you could share your timeline.

Thanks buddy.