Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
We didn't send anything in original that had a lot of sentimental value cause we weren't expecting to get it back, but some visa offices do return it.

I didn't confirm with them before sending anything, cause in the AOR they encouraged us to send an update if anything changed on our file. And I've heard of other applicants sending in additional info voluntarily so I thought it couldn't hurt.

Yes, I've lived in Canada my whole life :)

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
2nd medical completed 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012 Only 22 months, thanks for the quick work CIC :(
boshetunmai said:
We didn't send anything in original that had a lot of sentimental value cause we weren't expecting to get it back, but some visa offices do return it.

I didn't confirm with them before sending anything, cause in the AOR they encouraged us to send an update if anything changed on our file. And I've heard of other applicants sending in additional info voluntarily so I thought it couldn't hurt.

Yes, I've lived in Canada my whole life :)
Kinda like a mail order groom! :D .............................. ::)

Irina, call CIC here in Canada, and ask them. I recall them telling me nothing more is required unless they ask for it. But you should call to be sure.

IrinaAbdNova

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
30/10/2011
boshetunmai,

Thank you so much for all your help, I am really grateful =))))

Donhollio,

I am living abroad, so it's kinda hard to reach them, but I will for sure when the time comes, we are still waiting for my husband to be approved as a sponsor. Thank you for the advice =)

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Call Centre services (if you are in Canada only)
The Call Centre can answer questions, in English and French, about Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) services and programs, or applications in process inside Canada.

Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

•Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, and check the status of your application.
•Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

Note that agents cannot:
◦answer questions about application status once it is sent to a Canadian visa office outside Canada,
◦make decisions on applications, or
◦help process applications more quickly. You can't call the CIC centre unless you're in Canada. Today I called the Embassy in Moscow. I thought why not try to get someone to tell me anything. Well they don't answer the phone, and I had to listen to a 5 minute info line. So it was a waste of time,as my good friend told me over the weekend, email them.

You can

Peaceofmind25

Aug 2, 2011
Wondering if anyone could help out....I checked our status today online and says that the spouse processing started on Feb 17 even though they asked me to pay the right of residence fee few days after that.....does this mean it could take few months? if yes...do you guys know how long it takes once the moscow office starts processing?

Also....is it one year from the day i sent in the paperwork in canada?
thanks so much!

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Peaceofmind25 said:
Wondering if anyone could help out....I checked our status today online and says that the spouse processing started on Feb 17 even though they asked me to pay the right of residence fee few days after that.....does this mean it could take few months? if yes...do you guys know how long it takes once the moscow office starts processing?

Also....is it one year from the day i sent in the paperwork in canada?
thanks so much!
I paid the right of residence fee about 8 months ago. I was hoping it was nearing the end but it hasn't helped at all. :( The time varies, I know two couples that took 15 and 18 months respectively. If the medical has expired, you can add on another 3 months from the day of her examination. ???

nycchip

Oct 15, 2011
Just wanted to drop a note to everyone who is tracking their application process in Moscow. It happened really fast for us. We submitted our applications on Sept 2nd, file transferred and received by the embassy in Moscow on Dec 8th and we received an email/letter requesting my passport at the embassy on Feb 20th :eek: The whole process took less than 6th month for us!

Wish all of you the best!

IrinaAbdNova

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
30/10/2011
Hey guys,

Nobody has posted here in awhile.

I was just wondering if anyone has any updates?

My husband was approved as a sponsor and my application was sent to Moscow 2 weeks ago. So we are just waiting for any news.

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Hi Irina, I check in here a couple of times a week, nice to see you posted!
The wait times have gotten longer, its now 80% of cases completed in 12 months, thats up 4 months. Her case is still being processed, and its getting very difficult on me. Next month will be our birthdays and I know she will not be with me. I also paid for another medical,and I hope I won't need a 3rd. :( It'll be 18 months next month.
I sure hope you won't be waiting that long. I think most of my delay is because my wife is from Uzbekistan,and this delays things.
Are you from Russia?

IrinaAbdNova

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
30/10/2011
Donhollio said:
Hi Irina, I check in here a couple of times a week, nice to see you posted!
The wait times have gotten longer, its now 80% of cases completed in 12 months, thats up 4 months. Her case is still being processed, and its getting very difficult on me. Next month will be our birthdays and I know she will not be with me. I also paid for another medical,and I hope I won't need a 3rd. :( It'll be 18 months next month.
I sure hope you won't be waiting that long. I think most of my delay is because my wife is from Uzbekistan,and this delays things.
Are you from Russia?
Hey Donhollio.

I know the statistics don't look too good. However I often read rusforum and a lot of women there get their visas very quickly. Their whole process takes around 3.5-6 months. There are also people that are still waiting for a year or longer, however some of them don't update their statistics and also some cases are more complected.
I really hope you get your visa soon. I don't think its because she is from Uzbekistan, its Canadian government, so I doubt they have favoritism.
Is your case somewhat unusual or more complected then average? Maybe previous marriages, kids? Maybe she was employed by the government? That's just what I can think of why they might delay your case...
How long has it been since you've done your 2nd medical? I ask because my medical expires in Oct and I just want to know how far back the 2nd medical can set me off.
And yes I am from Russia =)

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Still hoping for ya here too Don. When you coming to Toronto again? I'll have you and Andre over to the new place... and if lucky...your heater too.

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Hi Irina,

She did her second medical in late March2012. I was told the time it takes to process the medical is 3 months. If there are no problems with the medical, then it gets sent to the embassy from the UK, and that takes 4 weeks. Where the other days are lost I don't know.
I really think the delay is in having the 'background check' document completed and returned to the embassy. That document needs to be done by her government, so who knows how long it will take.

I just wish that there was someone sponsoring their spouse from Uzbekistan so I can have some idea of the timeline.

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
frolic said:
Still hoping for ya here too Don. When you coming to Toronto again? I'll have you and Andre over to the new place... and if lucky...your heater too.
My next visit to the centre of the universe will be when they finally arrive in Canada. I was thinking of a small gathering,and take the night flight afterwards. Of course I don't know how tired they'll be, so it may be a very short stop for them. I on the other hand could always spend the night. WTF no beer emoooticon!?

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
Sorry for going off-topic. I just wanted to update everyone on a successful visa experience.

It took my wife 8 months to get her visa, from April to November. In December I flew to Moscow and celebrated my third Russian New Year with her, and then in January we flew to Toronto. Immigration was exceptionally friendly, made jokes and welcomed her warmly to Canada. Then we went through customs and, because she didn't have anything except a bunch of suitcases filled with clothes, they waved us right through.

At Pearson International she tried her first Molson Canadian, didn't like it, and had a tea instead. We visited my family and friends in southern Ontario for a few days, and she was completely jet-lagged and incredibly moody. She burst into tears a couple of times, not because she missed home so much as because everything was too stressful, foreign and unfamiliar to her. Needless to say she didn't like southern Ontario in the winter.

Then we got on a comfortable Air Canada flight to Victoria, BC (our permanent place of settlement) and her spirits lifted as we flew over the prairies and the Rockies and landed on the Pacific coast. Even in January Victoria is filled with flowers and birds and seals and deer, and she fell in love with the place. Our first morning here I took her to the Ogden Point breakwall and a giant wave crashed over and soaked her. She loved it, and said it was a warm welcome from the ocean!

The BC government offers free English classes for newcomers as well as workshops to network and find work, so she's been going to those daily. She's met a group of Russian and FSU emigres her age and loves our clean and well-organized bus systems. Scotiabank offers a great newcomers package, with a free chequing account and Visa credit card. The Service Canada centre got her a SIN card with little pain. She has her health card and a library card and is looking at upgrading her skills at University.

She's fallen in love with Chinese and Mexican food, although she still doesn't like pub food too much (although British fish and chips is becoming a favourite). For Russian cooking she's substituted buttermilk for kefir and finds that the parsley isn't as strong flavoured here, so just uses more. Her biggest beef is that she can't find the same type of cucumbers as she can get in Russia. It also took her a long time to find a good black, loose-leaf tea but she's settled on the tins of Twinnings loose-leaf, which she quite enjoys. Also, she fell in love with Tim Hortons hot chocolate and honey cruelers. To top it all off, she's fallen in love with the DIY shows on the Women's Network and Home and Garden TV. Finally, she saw her first massed bagpipe and drum parade and absolutely loved the sheer power and pageantry of it!

Another problem she's having is the change in the chemicals found in water (mainly that in BC there are none) are wreaking havoc with her hair, and she hasn't found a shampoo yet that she likes. Cucumbers and shampoo, however, seem to be her only complaints thus far so I would say that after 6 months her move to Canada is a resounding success!

Her transition to life here as been successful so far. We've bought a car, got a beautiful flat near the ocean, and she's growing millions of pretty flowers. I recently mentioned what she thought of living in Russia and she shouted "No!" before I even finished the sentence! Skype keeps her connected to her family back home, and we're planning a visit with my next vacation.

All in all, the 10 months we spent apart waiting for her visa seems like a distant memory now. I know how tough it can be when you're apart, waiting for what seems like forever, but I can tell you from personal experience that once it is over Canada will truly welcome your new life together. Hang in during that tough wait because when it's all over and you're together in Canada you will feel like it was all just a bad dream. :)

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Wish my timeline was the same :( Thanks for keeping us updated.