+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moscow Application Processing Office

beatitboss

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Malinka said:
Hello, beatitboss,

I don't claim this information to be 100% valid but just want to share what I was told to do in the same situation. I had to renew my Russian passport in London. When filling in the application I faced the same dilemma and initially put England as county of issue. After I sent the forms to my husband he pointed out to me that it looks like I claim to be UK national even though I stated that I am a citizen of Russia on the same form, seemed kind of fishy to him)) So I called the migration services in my city in Russia (OVIR where we normally get our passports in Russia) and asked them what should I do. They told me the country of issue should be Russia regardless of where you physically received your passport. They explained it as the country issues it to you and the embassies just act as intermediaries in delivering the passport to you. So I changed country of issue to Russia. I would advise you to call the Russian Consulate in Sidney to confirm this information as my local OVIR was found to be giving misleading information before, even though this advice made sense to me.

Hope it helps
Hi Malinka
Thank you very much for your response. I was honestly expecting it to be something similar to what you said. I'll get my partner to call the consulate then. I hope they're gonna be able to come up with true answers this time!

Cheers,

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
2nd medical completed 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012 Only 22 months, thanks for the quick work CIC :(
Sponsorship is a voyage filled with outrageous delays in the processing of applications. Mine took 22 months, and I had no mistakes! :mad:

All the best to those that are currently in the process, or are about to enter the CIC zone. ;) There is a forum that may help some of you out with information, its for people who find each other from the former soviet union.

You can just click on the blue link below and it'll take you to this discussion forum.

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
It also looks like all Moscow bound Family Class applications are now going through Warsaw, Poland. This is good news for everyone waiting on Russia to feel like doing any work. The lack of information or communication from these Embassy's is really my biggest gripe with this whole process.

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
I totally agree. I once phoned the CDN Embassy in Moscow, where the phone rang and I was left listening to a recorded message. I thought eventually I would be allowed some direction to route my call. But no, I had to listen to the message, and finally at the final few seconds of the message it said that they don't answer calls. This took 5 minutes!!!
In the end I visited my MP's office and got them to figure out what the delays were.

GREAKLY

Aug 14, 2011
We have started our process (family sponsorship) back in March 2013. In April 2013 I have been approved as a sponsor and my wife's file was transferred to Moscow's office. Then there was silence for a year. ECAS kept saying "documents received" and "medical received". Then in the last year we have received TWO (!) requests for additional information. First, they didn't believe that our marriage was real. Then they wanted proof that we plan to move to Canada once my wife's application is approved. Each time we had to put a pile of documents together and mail it to Moscow within 30 days.

Like many people on this forum, a few days ago we received the following letter:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be advise that in order to continue the processing of your application, you are requested to:

- provide updated Schedule A form,
The forms can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.PDF.

- provide supplementary Information Form (form may be obtained from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.pdf )

- provide a copy of all pages of passport,

· Each person must have their own passport and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport
· The passport should be valid for the next twelve months and should be the passport that you intend to use to enter Canada
· Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa maybe inserted. Diplomatic, official and special passports are not acceptable

- Complete medical examination (will be sent to you in separate e-mail)

You must provide the above documents within 30 days from the date of this correspondence to the address indicated below.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section/Section d'Immigration
Embassy of Canada/Ambassade du Canada
ul. Piekna 2/8
00-482 Warsaw, Poland/00-482 Varsovie, Pologne
warsaw-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Ph. (48 22) 584-3100, Fax (48 22) 584-3194

Also the ECAS status has changed from "documents received" to "processing" at the beginning of March.

I understand that due to huge backlog in Moscow's office many files have been transferred to Warsaw. What I do not understand is what this letter means? If they only begin to process our case now, then what was all that hoop-jumping we did last year? "Preliminary processing"? It is clear that they want to update her file with more current biographical info and medicals. Does it mean that they are starting from the scratch? Then why do they need a copy of ALL pages of her passport. The one that "should be the passport that you intend to use to enter Canada" and that "must have at least two blank pages"?

In short, does this letter mean that we should be prepared for another year of waiting? Or this is merely a file update request, which is required before the PR visa is issued? In other words, do you think the decision has been done and this is just a bureaucracy or nothing is clear (yet) and we're in for a long run?

Did anybody get similar letter before? What was the timeline once you submitted all the required paperwork? Did you shortly received the passport request or are still waiting?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
That's fairly standard, according to what I've seen on the Russian-speaking forums, as well as this one. The timeline to get the visa seems to be about 6 weeks to 2 months after they request copies of all passport pages.

GREAKLY

Aug 14, 2011
MilesAway said:
That's fairly standard, according to what I've seen on the Russian-speaking forums, as well as this one. The timeline to get the visa seems to be about 6 weeks to 2 months after they request copies of all passport pages.
In other words, the decision has pretty much been made? And all the paperwork they requested (passport copies, new meds, new bio forms and etc.) is just a formality?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
rusforum and chemodan

It seems to be a formality, but I'm not an expert. I'm someone like you, going through the process, and reading about it.

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
I don't have any answers for you except make sure you fill it out in black ink , not blue, no idea why but it is.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
Donhollio said:
I don't have any answers for you except make sure you fill it out in black ink , not blue, no idea why but it is.
Theres any chace to get a birth certificate for my russian dougter, not thru her mother, i mean
thru a company or a layer???

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi This is the first time I'm using this forum,I'm Russian and my wife is Canadian we r married for almost 2 years and we got married in Canada,but we leave together for the last 7 years in USA legally working under the visas,we are planning to move to Canada and applied for the sponsorship on July 7th 2016,we submitted all the documents all together,we r going to do it thru Russia bc this seems to be the faster way. My wife is already in Canada and starting her new job from August and I'm currently in USA but going back to Moscow to wait for my approval... Any idea how long it will take them to approve my PR?
Also me and my wife are top professional ballroom dancers and we were invited to perform and compete at the dance competitions in Vancouver and Calgary in October, I have invitations and flights with hotel and I was just wondering because I'm in process of getting my PR will it be a problem to get the TRV? I have a job contract in Russia.
Please let me know what u think?
My application was received on July 11th,started processing on July 28th