+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Passport Request at START of processing?

headcrash4

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Help please. We got an email from the embassy for passport request. We preferred to send it to them on April 27th. How long will it take to receive our VISA and our mom's confirmation of permanent resident?

Thank you :)

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
headcrash4 said:
Help please. We got an email from the embassy for passport request. We preferred to send it to them on April 27th. How long will it take to receive our VISA and our mom's confirmation of permanent resident?

Congrats bro!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
headcrash4 said:
answer my query please
headcrash4 said:

Depends on where the return address is in the application. You were given a timeline until when/within when to submit your PPs in your PPR letter right? And in that same PPR letter - there is a statement there that reads the duration within where CEM will endeavor to return - can you check that statement? Usually the range specified by CEM is to return the PPs within 90 days - it may differ from applicant to applicant.

Typically if the return address is outside of the PH then the return time ranges from 3 - 5 weeks (based from returns to applicants from ME and Canada who posted here). Typically if the return address is in the PH - return times are much faster, 2-3 weeks or even a week less - depends on the location (MM vs provinces) - based on the posts here. This assumes no more added verification on the information in your PPs against that included in the application and in the supporting docs (i.e change in marital status, birth of a child, change of address, etc.)

Note return times could be counted from the time the PPs are received by CEM (CEM may differ :) ), so if you have a tracking receipt when you couriered your PPs, then add 1-2 days for CEM to open the package, and then start to verify the details in the passports against the information in the application, print COPRs and stamp the passports and send the PPs back.

/hope this helps....

headcrash4

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
ragluf said:
Depends on where the return address is in the application. You were given a timeline until when/within when to submit your PPs in your PPR letter right? And in that same PPR letter - there is a statement there that reads the duration within where CEM will endeavor to return - can you check that statement? Usually the range specified by CEM is to return the PPs within 90 days - it may differ from applicant to applicant.

Typically if the return address is outside of the PH then the return time ranges from 3 - 5 weeks (based from returns to applicants from ME and Canada who posted here). Typically if the return address is in the PH - return times are much faster, 2-3 weeks or even a week less - depends on the location (MM vs provinces) - based on the posts here. This assumes no more added verification on the information in your PPs against that included in the application and in the supporting docs (i.e change in marital status, birth of a child, change of address, etc.)

Note return times could be counted from the time the PPs are received by CEM (CEM may differ :) ), so if you have a tracking receipt when you couriered your PPs, then add 1-2 days for CEM to open the package, and then start to verify the details in the passports against the information in the application, print COPRs and stamp the passports and send the PPs back.

/hope this helps....
They only stated on the letter that VISA will be issued if:

The one who is in Canada received Confirmation of PR
The one who is in Canada has paid PR stuff
The medical validty is greater than 4 months

Can you please explain further?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
headcrash4 said:

I was answering your initial post as above. You did not specify the other details as mentioned in your last post as below.

headcrash4 said:
They only stated on the letter that VISA will be issued if:

The one who is in Canada received Confirmation of PR
The one who is in Canada has paid PR stuff
The medical validty is greater than 4 months

Can you please explain further?
I infer from these few details you provided that there is someone in Canada, perhaps the principal applicant and that there are others in the family in the PH. Thus, he/she in Canada needs to fulfill the conditions you stated above before you in the PH will have your visas issued/stamped. You may have been asked to submit your passports, but the conditions above should be satisfied first by the principal applicant or who is in Canada, then your visas will be issued.

If the PA is in Canada, please ask him/her to clarify with the CIC call centre these conditions you mentioned are in the letter - it seems he/she needs to fulfill all the conditions, get issued a CoPR (and most likely an immigrant visa to complete his/her landing) after then can your visas be issued.

/all the best...

headcrash4

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
ragluf said:
I was answering your initial post as above. You did not specify the other details as mentioned in your last post as below.

I infer from these few details you provided that there is someone in Canada, perhaps the principal applicant and that there are others in the family in the PH. Thus, he/she in Canada needs to fulfill the conditions you stated above before you in the PH will have your visas issued/stamped. You may have been asked to submit your passports, but the conditions above should be satisfied first by the principal applicant or who is in Canada, then your visas will be issued.

If the PA is in Canada, please ask him/her to clarify with the CIC call centre these conditions you mentioned are in the letter - it seems he/she needs to fulfill all the conditions, get issued a CoPR (and most likely an immigrant visa to complete his/her landing) after then can your visas be issued.

/all the best...
Thank you so much :)

Eric Mazda

May 5, 2013
headcrash4 said:

at the time the embassy received the documents you are lucky if less than 2 months you will get the approved with a visa.

In my case, I sponsored my 2 kids 16 and 19 y/o at the time. They received their application for permanent residence on February 2012. Decision made on May 2012 about the application. Completed all the requirements even the medical. Passport request on July 2012 and sent the passport August 2012 until Last week of JANUARY 2013 I DIDN'T hear anything what is the status. so, I made an Inquiry 4th week of January 2013. I check my eCAS and found,

We started processing application on February 21, 2013.

2nd week of March 2013 I received an email regarding additional requirements (update family information) to get another NBI and to do the MEDICAL again and done on the 25 March 2013 and the guard on duty received the additional requirements on the same day.

So far, my children are waiting. I even sacrifice not to enroll my youngest for the trimester (summer) because I assume they will receive their passport last april. THEY TOOK THEIR PASSPORT 08 AUGUST 2012. about to 9 months hold the passport.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Eric Mazda said:
at the time the embassy received the documents you are lucky if less than 2 months you will get the approved with a visa.

In my case, I sponsored my 2 kids 16 and 19 y/o at the time. They received their application for permanent residence on February 2012. Decision made on May 2012 about the application. Completed all the requirements even the medical. Passport request on July 2012 and sent the passport August 2012 until Last week of JANUARY 2013 I DIDN'T hear anything what is the status. so, I made an Inquiry 4th week of January 2013. I check my eCAS and found,

We started processing application on February 21, 2013.

2nd week of March 2013 I received an email regarding additional requirements (update family information) to get another NBI and to do the MEDICAL again and done on the 25 March 2013 and the guard on duty received the additional requirements on the same day.

So far, my children are waiting. I even sacrifice not to enroll my youngest for the trimester (summer) because I assume they will receive their passport last april. THEY TOOK THEIR PASSPORT 08 AUGUST 2012. about to 9 months hold the passport.
If I was the sponsor I would be raising hell at my MP's office. To have requested the passports and then not issue the visas without notifying you of any problem is an act of delinquency on their part. Then they let all your documents expire and start it all over again almost a year later. What a bunch of clowns.

worrie-ds

Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-May-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Oct.-2010
AOR Received.
11-Feb.-2011
IELTS Request
submitted together with the full documents
hi!!can the office of the MP really helps in expiditing the processing of CEM?thanx!!!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
worrie-ds said:
hi!!can the office of the MP really helps in expiditing the processing of CEM?thanx!!!
It did in my case I believe.

worrie-ds

Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-May-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Oct.-2010
AOR Received.
11-Feb.-2011
IELTS Request
submitted together with the full documents
looking at your timeline..u did re medical?our medicals will be expiring this week but never heard from cem..2 weeks ago when i ff/up their reply is that our case is still in queue for the review of the visa officer...so,i guess instead of waiting for ppr we will be expecting a re medical exam...:(

Mechie

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila/Conjugal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
resend docs -16-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Request
remed request:09-05-2013/ dependents remed:27-06-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2013/
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 01-22-2014/ DM 06-06-2014/Visa 06-07-2014
LANDED..........
15-06-2014
Hi worrie-ds if I'm not mistaken you sent me an email asking if I did redo my medical?Yes I did just 1week ago,got PPR May 6 then after 2 days I received an email again from Cem asking to repeat my x-ray.I am under conjugal applicant M-F. I haven't sent my passport, still waiting for the additional docs from my partner. Hopefullly on Wednesday, I'll be able to submit it. I'm a conjugal applicant M-F

panDEmielle

Jun 24, 2013
Mechie....can you add me to your fb?? thanks ahtramaera@yahoo.ca
Mechie said:
Hi worrie-ds if I'm not mistaken you sent me an email asking if I did redo my medical?Yes I did just 1week ago,got PPR May 6 then after 2 days I received an email again from Cem asking to repeat my x-ray.I am under conjugal applicant M-F. I haven't sent my passport, still waiting for the additional docs from my partner. Hopefullly on Wednesday, I'll be able to submit it. I'm a conjugal applicant M-F

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
worrie-ds said:
looking at your timeline..u did re medical?our medicals will be expiring this week but never heard from cem..2 weeks ago when i ff/up their reply is that our case is still in queue for the review of the visa officer...so,i guess instead of waiting for ppr we will be expecting a re medical exam...:(
They will make you redo the medical. When they informed my wife to redo hers I complained that if they request the medical to be done at stage 1 and they can't complete the stage 2 process before it expires then that is their problem. Why should I have to pay twice for their shortcomings. They then only required my wife to get her chest x-ray and interview with a panel physician. That could not be waived due to the high rate of TB in the Philippines.