+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Passport Request at START of processing?

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
jaraxle316 said:
@ bc_guy - i dont think any of us in this forum can actually give you a satisfactory answer, unless someone here works at the visa office.i suggest forwarding your inquiry and complaints to the CIC minister himself.
You're right... nobody on this forum can explain why Manila deviates from official published CIC policy. What is the purpose of holding a passport for 6+ months?? And why ask for a PHOTOCOPY of the passport with the original application, when you're just going to request the ORIGINAL passport as soon as the file is transferred to Manila? This failure to follow published Citizen and Immigration Canada procedures is truly disappointing in the Canadian Embassy - Manila.

jaraxle316

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
visit cic website.. i was reading their operational manuals for overseas processing, there was nothing written about the passport request and how long they will hold it.

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
jaraxle316 said:
visit cic website.. i was reading their operational manuals for overseas processing, there was nothing written about the passport request and how long they will hold it.
See Reply #4 on this thread, in particular the wording in red. The policy is AFTER they've processed your application and determined you're eligible... then they will request the passport. What Manila does, is request it at the START of processing the application. So the passport is being held unnecessarily during the whole time of processing. What is the point of even requesting the passport, if during the subsequent processing of the application, they find you are not eligible?

Therefore if Manila followed the published process... the passport would be in their possession maybe a month at the most. This is how other Canadian embassy's / consulates operate.

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
BC_guy said:
See Reply #4 on this thread, in particular the wording in red. The policy is AFTER they've processed your application and determined you're eligible... then they will request the passport. What Manila does, is request it at the START of processing the application. So the passport is being held unnecessarily during the whole time of processing. What is the point of even requesting the passport, if during the subsequent processing of the application, they find you are not eligible?

Therefore if Manila followed the published process... the passport would be in their possession maybe a month at the most. This is how other Canadian embassy's / consulates operate.
CEM requested my spouse's pp 2 months ago...and until now, his pp is still there..his e-cas, no update...not even "in process"......what kind of system is that??!! If they're not yet done with the background check and everything, then why request the pp so early in the process and leave the applicant hanging??? very very frustrating! :(

aredanaved

May 23, 2012
do anyone happen to know how many days can i expect to have my VISA? canadian embassy already requested for our passport and we mailed it last May 1 2012 and until now (may 23) we have not received our visa yet?

anyone?

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
aredanaved said:
do anyone happen to know how many days can i expect to have my VISA? canadian embassy already requested for our passport and we mailed it last May 1 2012 and until now (may 23) we have not received our visa yet?

anyone?

I thought the embassy in Manila asked for the passport after the medical?

they asked my daughter to passed her passport after her medical and now we're just waiting for 6 weeks for the embassy to issue her visa after I got my landed papers here..

but that's true keeping it their for how many months is unexplainable..unless they want to send it with visa already instead of asking per applicant to check it in person in the embassy which is better too..

3cyheartme

May 31, 2012
im really upset w/ the procedure and the so called processing time of our papers... the embassy get our passport aug. of last year, knowing na ilang weeks lang me visa na kami... but till now were still here no passport or what so ever... even my husband in toronto wala parin yung PR nya... nakakainis na... my husband even ask help for MP, and He get a reply fr. the MP na He still need to wait for the background check to be completed... naku naman ANONG PETSA NA :mad:

ano kaya ang naging problem dito kaya sa atin o dun na sa kanila? (Canada)?

hourra

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2010
Doc's Request.
february 2011
AOR Received.
december 15, 2010
Med's Request
re-med, march 27,2012
Med's Done....
re-med, may 11,2012
Interview........
january 11,2012
Passport Req..
february 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM june 16,2012, visa june 22,2012
LANDED..........
july 18
my wife has sent her passport and red passport in february 2011. The visa office in Manila asked to my wife to re-med few weeks ago. On E-Cas, on may 15 2012, they update and wrote: medical exams done. Now we are waiting for the decision because they will not ask to send passport (they have since more than a year). Yes, it's a frustrating situation, my wife can't get out of her country because her passport is in the visa office in Manila.

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
hourra said:
my wife has sent her passport and red passport in february 2011. The visa office in Manila asked to my wife to re-med few weeks ago. On E-Cas, on may 15 2012, they update and wrote: medical exams done. Now we are waiting for the decision because they will not ask to send passport (they have since more than a year). Yes, it's a frustrating situation, my wife can't get out of her country because her passport is in the visa office in Manila.
I feel badly for you. Holding the passport for over 1 year is complete nonsense. What is the purpose of requesting the passport so early?! At least the request for re-med is a good sign for you.
Good luck with your visa.

hourra

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2010
Doc's Request.
february 2011
AOR Received.
december 15, 2010
Med's Request
re-med, march 27,2012
Med's Done....
re-med, may 11,2012
Interview........
january 11,2012
Passport Req..
february 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM june 16,2012, visa june 22,2012
LANDED..........
july 18
yes, it's a good sign for us, but now, i don't know how many times can take to know the decision. Normally, when they ask you for passport request, you obtain your visa 6-8 weeks later. But, for me, no passport request. I hope to know very soon because i have vacations in august and i want to go to visit my wife and her family and come back together to canada. I don't have more vacations this year after that :(

PC25

Jul 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Med's Request
October 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009
Passport Req..
November 2009
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
in my case, they have been holding my passport for 3 long years. they have asked for it last nov 2009, something came up with my sponsorship case, and unfortunately until now no decision has been made. unlucky me, they still hold my passport and its so draining! ive been wanting to get it back if they dont have any plans on finalizing our case, but of course they are too busy to reply. how cruel is that? they have been holding my passport and myself from traveling out of the country for 3 long freaking years :eek: !! unfair! :( :mad:

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
PC25 said:
in my case, they have been holding my passport for 3 long years. they have asked for it last nov 2009, something came up with my sponsorship case, and unfortunately until now no decision has been made. unlucky me, they still hold my passport and its so draining! ive been wanting to get it back if they dont have any plans on finalizing our case, but of course they are too busy to reply. how cruel is that? they have been holding my passport and myself from traveling out of the country for 3 long freaking years :eek: !! unfair! :( :mad:
really thats very long..i recognized u from congugal forum...have u not inquire what happen to your case..so theres a possibility they will hold my passport that long too...if that so i prefer they will refuse it then i apply again/appeal...try to call and email them many times cause u have the right now ur exceed the processing time...gudluck

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
PC25 said:
in my case, they have been holding my passport for 3 long years.
I agree with crisetphil comments. I don't know what complications you're having, but there's no excuse for taking 3 years. In some ways you are responsible to follow-up with your sponsors MP, complain, etc. This is way beyond the normal processing time. In fact, maybe your passport will expire soon anyways?

Regardless... it just proves the whole point of this tread. How stupid it is for the Manila embassy to request a passport at the START of processing. This serves no purpose at all... unless they're 90% certain they're going to approve your application quickly.... which for conjugal applications is never the case!

So if you can't get an update / timeframe on when their decision is expected... you should request back your passport in the meantime.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
BC_guy said:
Yes obviously I'm referring to the passport request of my partner (the applicant). Average processing time is 9-10 months. In your case you were lucky. But I don't know why you think there's a maximum 3 months of holding the passport. If they request it immediately, and the whole process takes 9 months... there's no way it would be returned in 3 months. Just check the time lines of many of the applications on this forum.

At the end of the day, I have yet to hear any logical explanation for the Manila embassy's deviation in official Immigration Canada procedure (i.e. which is to request the passport at the final stage of approval). This sort of nonsense is not tolerated in Canada... so I don't know why it's allowed in the Philippines.
Have you ever been to the Philippines?

Doray the explorer

Aug 20, 2012
aredanaved said:

anyone?
Hi,i sent my passport to canadian embassy manila last january 5,2012 but until now i havent receive my passport with visa yet...my mother in law in canada sent an email to follow up my statusmbut no reply from embassy....eishhhh!!!!