+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

wonderZ

Mar 14, 2012
I am living outside Canada, my employers in Ontario applied for the lmo number in the first week of November. They have not heard any thing back yet. It is nerve cracking at my end.
It seems like an unending wait.

Also, thanks all for the posts here .... they are really helpful.

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
wonderZ said:
I am living outside Canada, my employers in Ontario applied for the lmo number in the first week of November. They have not heard any thing back yet. It is nerve cracking at my end.
It seems like an unending wait.

Also, thanks all for the posts here .... they are really helpful.
Its been more than 3 months, you should expect some good news soon, very soon!

wonderZ

Mar 14, 2012
bepositive said:
Its been more than 3 months, you should expect some good news soon, very soon!
@bepositive .... thanks a lot for your reply.
Is there no way to find out is anybody looking at my case or not?

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
wonderZ said:
@ bepositive .... thanks a lot for your reply.
Is there no way to find out is anybody looking at my case or not?
Your employer can demand all the info regarding your case for eg. did they receive the application, was any officer assigned to the case, has the result been mailed out? HRDC is solely answerable to your employer and your employer only, nobody else. Convince your employer to call HRDC for the very last time and check the status. good luck

Bepostive

Ps. My employer is very very co-operating. If I ever need to check the status of my LMO application, I just bribe him with a coffee and a donut in the morning and my work is done :)

dannyca

Aug 16, 2011
Hey guys,
I've got the LMO file number... does anyone know how I can ask for status of application? Can I do that for myself or I have to ask my employer to do this?

Where i should call etc.(Ontario)?

Thank you !

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
dannyca said:
Hey guys,
I've got the LMO file number... does anyone know how I can ask for status of application? Can I do that for myself or I have to ask my employer to do this?

Where i should call etc.(Ontario)?

Thank you !
Hi, you cannot check the status yourself. Your employer has to do it by calling on 1-866-5565-518 (Toronto number)

dannyca

Aug 16, 2011
bepositive said:
Hi, you cannot check the status yourself. Your employer has to do it by calling on 1-866-5565-518 (Toronto number)
Yeah... its their own file so, I will ask them tomorrow to check the status. On Wed, HRSDC called to us to ask some questions and get some photocopies and our HR director asked is everything okay with our application and the guy said "yes" and all process should be completed this Fri.

I hope tomorrow I will share good news with you guys!

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
dannyca said:
Yeah... its their own file so, I will ask them tomorrow to check the status. On Wed, HRSDC called to us to ask some questions and get some photocopies and our HR director asked is everything okay with our application and the guy said "yes" and all process should be completed this Fri.

I hope tomorrow I will share good news with you guys!
Hi, when did you submit your application?

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
This LMO is taking far too long!! My current visa will expire next month. I was wondering if anybody could advice me on who I should call with regard to obtaining implied status or getting some agreement from them that I can continue to work past my visa expiry if needs be on the basis that they are too slow at processing applications.

Thanks!

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
murphn24 said:
This LMO is taking far too long!! My current visa will expire next month. I was wondering if anybody could advice me on who I should call with regard to obtaining implied status or getting some agreement from them that I can continue to work past my visa expiry if needs be on the basis that they are too slow at processing applications.

Thanks!
There is no such signed or government approved document that would state that you are on implied status, its understood. However you have the rights to continue with your employment if any, but you cannot start a new job while on implied status.

You need to have applied for LMO and work permit extension. I'd say the best time to apply for extension of work permit is 15 days prior to expiration. For your satisfaction you can call CEC and ask them to email you a document which indicates the different criteria for implied status. However this is not signed by any authority and has no value whatsoever. It is just for the reference.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Bepositive

Ps. This is not a legal advice

Alilique

Mar 12, 2012
hi guys,
I am an international student, holding PGWP, and I want to apply for LMO, but cannot find my NOC code…I am right in the middle between C and A, and there is no NOC B for what I am doing..so, does anybody know the main reasons why LMO get rejected? Cause I am working for a big investment company, and it seems like I am the first foreign worker that they have tried to help with LMO. Can you please give me any advise in this case? :-\

alexle85

Mar 12, 2012
@Alilique:
I am at the same situation like you, I am the first foreign worker in my company. Even though my boss willing to help me out ,most of the requirement documents are from HR department, so my advise is asking your boss to contact HR department.
Hope it help!
@Bepositive:
I asked for helps from The lawyers, Can't wait for LMO from my HR manager cuz she's on her vacation right now. The fee is killing me, but i have no choice 5.5 months ahead is still not enough.
I pray for my case right now.

Alilique

Mar 12, 2012
@alexle85
My manager is very helpful with LMO process, and a girl from HR already filled in the employer part...but my salary is not enough for noc A..could all benefits, the size of the company and 1000 canadian employers cover the difference in salary and me, a petite graduate student? ;D

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
bepositive said:
There is no such signed or government approved document that would state that you are on implied status, its understood. However you have the rights to continue with your employment if any, but you cannot start a new job while on implied status.

You need to have applied for LMO and work permit extension. I'd say the best time to apply for extension of work permit is 15 days prior to expiration. For your satisfaction you can call CEC and ask them to email you a document which indicates the different criteria for implied status. However this is not signed by any authority and has no value whatsoever. It is just for the reference.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Bepositive

Ps. This is not a legal advice
From my research, it doesn't appear to be understood. I am currently on an IEC working holiday visa and applied for the LMO on January 10th. I'm worried about applying for the permit as the LMO might not come through by the time they get to it. Will they just reject me in this scenario? I think their processing time is only a few weeks now.. Thanks!