+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

kman14

Jan 18, 2012
Hello all,

As I've gone through all 15 pages, I still couldn't find an answer to my situation.
I'll try to be as detailed as possible and hopefully be able to get some assistance from you.

After I graduated from College, I got my 3yr post grad work permit.
I found a job (Aug 2010) and am still with the company.
Due to lack of research and negligence (totally my fault), the job I'm doing belongs in Category C in NOC.
My work permit expires Oct 2012.
I've asked and I could either go to another employer or stay with current employer and switch to a qualified position. (possibly start in Feb 2012 if all goes well). I have decided to stay with current employer as I think with loyalty taken into consideration (as well as I don't want to leave) It would be easier for them to help me if anything.
Now that still doesn't give me 1-yr FT experience that I need to apply for Perm. Res. (PR) unfortunately.
So then I heard about the LMO letter.
I do have a meeting with HR today to explain the situation and get answers from them.

In your opinion, what would you do in this situation? When is the best time to apply for the PR if anything?
Will the LMO letter help me out here (at least maybe extending my post grad work permit for 1-yr)?
I was told the Post Grad WP can't be extended.

Thanks in advance!

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
bepositive said:
Hey,

What kind of info did your employer miss out while placing an ad? Just curious to know as my employer is placing an ad tomorrow and I want to make sure that I cover everything and not miss out silly points. I'd appreciate your help

Bepositive
My employer thought that if you re-applied for a second LMO, you didn't have to advertise at all.

Ashish Kaul

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My LMO was filed with SC on August 25th 2011.
I am also waiting for any status... :((

-Ashish

uncertainity

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Ashish Kaul said:
Hello,

My LMO was filed with SC on August 25th 2011.
I am also waiting for any status... :((

-Ashish
Ask your employer to contact SC....as it should not be pending......as SC currently processing Oct applications.

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Hello all,my lmo was approved today by sc for 3 years.i am so excited and every one at my work place.it took exactly 3 months for me to received positive lmo.it is revival time.any one who care can jump in.i pray for every one awaiting positive lmo that god will make it happen for you sooner than expected

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
revival said:
Hello all,my lmo was approved today by sc for 3 years.i am so excited and every one at my work place.it took exactly 3 months for me to received positive lmo.it is revival time.any one who care can jump in.i pray for every one awaiting positive lmo that god will make it happen for you sooner than expected
Many congratulations, good luck

Bepositive

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
revival said:
Congrats!!! ;D I am so happy for you!... I still waiting mine... :(...thanks for your prayings for all the ones we still waiting.

carlosmnam

Apr 9, 2011
Hi peeps,
i got a 6 months work permit that expired January 3rd 2012.
So i came to Canada on July the 4th and between all the paperwork and advertising i've submitted my LMO application on November 10th.
Due to the fact that processing time keeps lagging every week I've just applied for WP on December 28th mentioning LMO application number.
I just checked CIC website and they are analyzing online applications for same employer from December 27th (16 days. yesterday was 32 days. reduced to half in 24 hours ... amazing).
My question is very simple:
Will CIC wait a little while for the LMO result? If yes, how long?

Thanks in advance

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Wow revival...that's great news! Congratulations!

Well I got an update from my future employer today, saying that the office (Toronto) is currently working through the week of Oct 25 – Nov 1. :)

My file was issued Nov 8th, so I hope in 2-3 weeks things are settled!

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
carlosmnam said:
Hi peeps,
i got a 6 months work permit that expired January 3rd 2012.
So i came to Canada on July the 4th and between all the paperwork and advertising i've submitted my LMO application on November 10th.
Due to the fact that processing time keeps lagging every week I've just applied for WP on December 28th mentioning LMO application number.
I just checked CIC website and they are analyzing online applications for same employer from December 27th (16 days. yesterday was 32 days. reduced to half in 24 hours ... amazing).
My question is very simple:
Will CIC wait a little while for the LMO result? If yes, how long?

Thanks in advance
I called twice to CIC and asked your question and both officers said : It's hard to say and asked me my LMO file# .
Also I sent this question to CIC and they answered : Officers will hold your application+ LMO file# for 2 months.

Have a great day.

uncertainity

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Miss C said:
Wow revival...that's great news! Congratulations!

Well I got an update from my future employer today, saying that the office (Toronto) is currently working through the week of Oct 25 – Nov 1. :)

My file was issued Nov 8th, so I hope in 2-3 weeks things are settled!
when did you mailed your app

myimmig

Jan 19, 2012
Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum.
Just to join this thread..
Employer faxed LMO : Oct 24
Employer called SC today and got informed that they are processing apps recived until Oct 20th.
Same employer.

The worst thing I noticed on the CEC website is that, the processing time for the work permit applications has been drastically reduced now.Its just 16 days for the same or new employer work permits.
I applied my work permit extension on Dec 22 2011 and the processing time was 32 days and was hoping that I can get my LMO before that and update my file.Now it says they have processed applications received until Dec 27th already.That sucks and what a rip off !

Now I will end up applying again after my LMO comes positive spending 150 $ ,....cheaters they are...
I am frustrated like you all !

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
uncertainity said:
when did you mailed your app
Hi uncertainity,

I didn't explain myself very well last time. My application was sent end received Nov 8th, so before yours. Hope that helps!

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
myimmig said:
Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum.
Just to join this thread..
Employer faxed LMO : Oct 24
Employer called SC today and got informed that they are processing apps recived until Oct 20th.
Same employer.

The worst thing I noticed on the CEC website is that, the processing time for the work permit applications has been drastically reduced now.Its just 16 days for the same or new employer work permits.
I applied my work permit extension on Dec 22 2011 and the processing time was 32 days and was hoping that I can get my LMO before that and update my file.Now it says they have processed applications received until Dec 27th already.That sucks and what a rip off !

Now I will end up applying again after my LMO comes positive spending 150 $ ,....cheaters they are...
I am frustrated like you all !
That's weird my employer told me Wednesday that SC in Toronto is working through apps Oct 25th to Nov 1st...where did your employer sent the form to?

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Even if you haven't gotten your LMO yet, CIC will hold your file for 2 months.
I got unlucky enough that HRSDC didn't add tracking number yet, so my Visa got denied and now i am out of a job (overnight)

But if HRSDC put in a tracking number, you have a 2 month waiting period