Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
LMO 15.7 weeks .. its really crazy.. plus TWP. But mine same time.. anybody else is waiting so long? It sounds like u get a visa and TWP and employer can apply again.. for next year..

wendyk

Nov 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
15.7 weeks and just app. wtf they are doing there..

wendyk

Nov 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
wtf.. 15.7 weeks and still asking for something?

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are there any other updates as to how long it is currently taking for LMO approval in Alberta? I believe my potential employer applied in mid November. We have not heard anything yet.

flynnbob1966

Jan 31, 2012
Hello, Anthony, I am still waiting for my LMO, my employer submitted the request in early January 2012 and I have read the comments here. You mentioned that you spoke to someone in the office who processes the LMO applications in Edmonton. Is it ok for me to contact them? And do you have a number that you can share so I can call also? Thanks a lot. David

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Can I ask :- Once the LMO is approved the applicant applies for a temporary work visa? Is that right?

What if the applicant has a wife and kids? Do they go on his application as dependents? Can his wife get a work visa through his application or does she need to apply separately?
Can they apply for PR at any point?

Sorry for all the questions, I sponsored my fiancé through Family Class and our friend is flying over here next week for an interview so I wondered what they need to do to move here and I'm lost with The CIC website!!

denkooo

Dec 7, 2011
Guys can anyone update on the current LMO dates being progressed at SC in AB and one question my docs was submited on 15 nov still don't have any news and my employer is open only on weekends is going to be any problem about interview is it possible to have positive LMO without interview thank you.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Denkoo,

I believe that the employer I am hoping to work for sent the LMO application around November 15. We still have not gotten a response but she recently told me they will have one by February 14.

Sorry but I don't know anything regarding interviews.

Good luck!

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're welcome. I'll post here when I have any more info on my LMO. Hopefully it will be GOOD news. ;D

denkooo

Dec 7, 2011
Hi wideopenspaces my employer call them today and they are starting processing 1 nov :( mine was submitted on 14 nov and they told my employer it might take until 24 feb , hope we will receive before 24 feb.

Antony17

Aug 9, 2011
@Flynnbobb - Hi David, I have spoken to an officer in the Edmonton branch but they will only tell you basic details, eg what date they are processing at the moment. The number I was given is what the company who are applying for my LMO gave me and as I have had to re-apply I really dont want to give the number out as may upset the officer.(Hope you understand).
I can tell you the processing time is 12 weeks from recieving application confirmation. I hope this helps and good luck with your app!

Antony

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, thanx for the updates. My prospective employer (has a agent doing the application) sent my LMO application off on the 21'st Nov 2011. This has been a frustrating wait and it helps to get these updates just to put my mind at ease. Hopefully everyone gets a positive answer soon.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Denkoo,

At least you have an idea of when you will receive an answer. Of course we all want our LMO NOW and I know the wait is hard. The important thing is that the LMO is approved. :) Hang in there.

Good luck to everyone!