Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think SC will send your employer the details of why they denied the LMO. I also read from other forums that from there, employers may act on those reasons and re-apply again. I'm not sure if you can appeal once they have decided. What I know is you can re-apply again for another LMO.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this on the CIC site and sent it to the employer.

If the LMO is Negative
Service Canada will inform you in writing of a negative decision. If you disagree with the Service Canada decision, and you have new information that may affect the decision, you may submit this information to the Service Canada Centre indicated on your refusal letter. Your request will then be re-assessed taking into account any new information you have submitted.

I imagine they were told by SC why it was denied but they have not let me know yet. Maybe they will consider the above but I don't think they want to go through applying again.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we'll let's just hope that your employer will be willing to do an extra mile of going through the LMO process again ...

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
wideopenspaces said:
I found this on the CIC site and sent it to the employer.

If the LMO is Negative
Service Canada will inform you in writing of a negative decision. If you disagree with the Service Canada decision, and you have new information that may affect the decision, you may submit this information to the Service Canada Centre indicated on your refusal letter. Your request will then be re-assessed taking into account any new information you have submitted.

I imagine they were told by SC why it was denied but they have not let me know yet. Maybe they will consider the above but I don't think they want to go through applying again.
After waiting for 13 weeks and it's rejected? Sorry to hear about this.Maybe a re-appeal can turn things around.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Hope and Man. It's so nice to have support here. I received a reply as to why it was rejected. The wording of one of the job advertisements and the wording on the LMO application did not match. I know the employer didn't do this intentionally. It's a small company and they don't have a lot of experience with this kind of thing.

Any thoughts as to whether this could be appealed? Has anyone heard of an LMO being rejected and then after appeal, it is approved? I know it depends on the situation, but I wonder if it is worth a shot?

Also, if they re-apply, do you know if they start again from scratch? They are not sure right now whether they want to go through all this again. 13 weeks was already a long wait. If they have to advertise for 2 weeks and then possibly wait again for 13+ weeks they may not want to. And it could possibly be denied again.

Thanks!

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't want to dishearten you but it seems like your employer has to start the process all over again ...and this time the advertisement has to be the same as that of the LMO application ... sorry buddy, but you just have to convince your employer ....hoping they will be kind to assist you.

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wideopenspaces,

Sorry to hear about your predicament, but don't give up. I wish you the best of luck for the future and keep trying.

Rebelthunder

Feb 16, 2012
Hi everyone. I am new to the site. According to our HR they applied for LMO last August 2011, and we do have a file number. And 6 months later still now news. Maybe it is different for each cases.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope and Scott,

Thank you for the encouragement!

Thankfully the employer is willing to try again. They spoke to SC and it sounds as though they were helpful. Once the issue is remedied, a cover letter will be sent with the LMO stating this. This may allow things to move along faster. Hopefully it will work out this time.

Best wishes to both of you!!

Rebel,

I would definitely have the employer contact Service Canada. Each case may be different, but hearing nothing after 6 months doesn't sound right. Good luck!

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi wideopenspaces,

good for you :).... stay positive!

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wideopenspaces,

Thats awesome news, hang in there.
Seems I might be the last of November's group of applicants thats still awaiting a answer LOL......

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks again you 2!

gershscott,

Mine was submitted around Nov. 15 so I'm sure your time is coming very soon, with a +positive+ LMO of course!!

I'll continue checking this thread so I can see what is going on with everyone.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody else? I'm out of the running for now, but would be interested to hear how it is going for others.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Man415 said:
Yup I need to apply a WP. I'll start preparing the docs now.
Thanks for answering my question, do you know roughly how long a WP takes to come through?

My friends have started the process, and I am trying to sort out accommodation etc for them to limit the disruption for their kids when they get here so I'm trying to work out how fast I need to get moving on it once the LMO is done!!
Thanks in advance if anyone could help me out xxx

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canooknic said:
Thanks for answering my question, do you know roughly how long a WP takes to come through?

My friends have started the process, and I am trying to sort out accommodation etc for them to limit the disruption for their kids when they get here so I'm trying to work out how fast I need to get moving on it once the LMO is done!!
Thanks in advance if anyone could help me out xxx
This link should help:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp