+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing Time - Alberta

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
stopDA said:
You've been waiting far too long. Usually when documents are requested, it doesn't take more than 8 weeks before a decision is finally made. This is just based on what I've been seeing on other posts. When was the last time you contacted them? You should ask them what's making it take so long.
Spoke to our friend who works in the office there and she said they have no new info to give us. She's just as frustrated as us. :(

HARTBEAT118

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got A positive LMO applied on Nov 2013 and received a positive LMO by first week of March 2014.

HARTBEAT118

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARTBEAT118 said:
Got A positive LMO applied on Nov 2013 and received a positive LMO by first week of March 2014.
Approximately 12 weeks waiting time,

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARTBEAT118 said:
Approximately 12 weeks waiting time,
That is more than 12 weeks even if you assume that your employer applied during the last weekday of November and got it during the first weekday of March. It would be nice if you provided specific dates. Thanks.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwisteph said:
Spoke to our friend who works in the office there and she said they have no new info to give us. She's just as frustrated as us. :(
I think that this upcoming week will probably be your last. Today, I came across some newer info which says that LMO applications take up to 28 weeks.

http://www.ackahlaw.com/what-s-new/newsletter-february-2014/

If I remember correctly, you're now on your 28th week. There's no way that they're going to hold on to one application for too long. It only means more work for them. They're going to make a swift decision really soon. Let's hope that it's a good one. I hope you get it.

Cuteejhaimee

Feb 13, 2014
Hi HartBeat118,

congrats to you! ill pray you could get visa and working permit so soon as well.
Mine it was applied last November 2013, but as of now canada services asked for additional document to be authenticated through embassy of my mine.

waiting for 18 weeks now.

HARTBEAT118

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cuteejhaimee said:
Hi HartBeat118,

congrats to you! ill pray you could get visa and working permit so soon as well.
Mine it was applied last November 2013, but as of now canada services asked for additional document to be authenticated through embassy of my mine.

waiting for 18 weeks now.
Thank you. I am applying for my WP now. Stay positive It will come sooner!!! All the best!!!