+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
sweetchad said:
i have a friend who got her OWP and PR lately.she submitted last june 30, 2010.she just got her OWP and PR a month ago.she is single.this sounds unfair but i dont why.
anyone who knows a case like this too?
What? I sent my papers on June 28 2010. Where are my OWP and PR??? I am not even on the e-cas yet!!! Somebody is either really lucky or knows how to jump the line...

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetchad said:
maybe what the MP is trying to say is that no one is prioritize in the processing.it just happened that there is a lot of applicants.but i was thinking, if theres a lot of applicant then as the days goes by the number of applicant is increasing.Why is it that they're holding the application of those people who had their application first.?really i cant understand why it took them so long. :mad: :mad: :( :(
I'm guessing a case to case basis. Aren't they opening applications 3 months after they received it. Your friend might had a straight forward application (no family back home, one employer for 2yrs, etc) so it didn't take long for her to get approved.

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
My case is the same: 2,5years (up to now) the same employer, no family back home, single...My employer went with me to that MP. This family supports me in everything, but with no result.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been in Canada for 5 years now. I did not complete my 2 years on my first 3years. Long story. Without the April 2010 changes, I almost left to Seattle last year to redo the LCP again.. Got my US visa and was ready to go. I think everyone here needs to settle down. It's a long wait for sure, I understand.. It's frustrating. but its getting there. Needs a little bit more patience :)

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
I know, we all need patience, but every case is different. And there are no easy cases either. Maybe, I am not as long in Canada as You are, but imagine what I am going through every day just to make this before the OWP period shorter. I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere. The nearest small town(about 300 people) is within 20 min of drive. I am looking after two old people - 93year old deaf man and his 89 year old wife who has completely lost her memory and most part of her mind... We all are doing more or less but difficult job and deserve that it is appreciated.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
she dont
sarah cunanan said:
I'm guessing a case to case basis. Aren't they opening applications 3 months after they received it. Your friend might had a straight forward application (no family back home, one employer for 2yrs, etc) so it didn't take long for her to get approved.
she has a family back home.but just parents and siblings but no kids.when she told me, ididnt beleive at first coz i applied a head of her and untill now i dont have my open permit yet.but anyway i have no idea how it happened.maybe its depends on the immigration officer who is processing your papers.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
anyone in this forum who submitted their papers last april 2010 that has a OWP?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@sarah cunanan i think it is 18882422100 the hotline

eimo

Nov 21, 2010
rosellyalung said:
@ sarah cunanan i think it is 18882422100 the hotline
i have a friend too- single applicant who got her OWP and after 2 days she got her PR interview in toronto. she submitted her application last March 2010.

I guess they are processing our papers on case-to-case basis. But the thing is looks like unfair and unjust. I am single applicant too from Toronto. I submitted my application last November 2009 and up to now I haven't received yet my PR interview letter. I've been waiting and waiting...and waiting for my PR. my open permit will be expired in less than 3 months. Every week i always check my e-cas if there are any developments but it is still the same. im tired of it. months pass by...years pass by...i just remembered all the hardships i've been through...thanked God for the strength and guidance day by day...

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@eimo- why dont you call the embassy for the followup that was for a while you have to followup it

ella7

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I got OWP already and waiting for the PR, so frustated, normally every week I call CIC, they says same thing Its 15months after recieved OWP, thats it. I have friend who got her PR interview on march 8th 2011, but she sent her application on feb 2010. Im not jelouse for her, but this is soo unfair, y should we wait like this, we ar single applicant tooo.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
@ sarah cunanan i think it is 18882422100 the hotline
@rosellyalung thanks for the number, this is the CIC number. I thought there has a special number for LCP. I will just phone after 11 months after I sent my application. I've been dealing with them for years now and I just know what they'll gonna say.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@sarah-that is the number they are saying that is a special number for the caregivers! me i am so frustrated , wanted to give up this situation of ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hey guys...did u see the latest updates.its still on March 21, 2010.OMG they`re really slow.

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ella7 said:
Hi everyone,
I got OWP already and waiting for the PR, so frustated, normally every week I call CIC, they says same thing Its 15months after recieved OWP, thats it. I have friend who got her PR interview on march 8th 2011, but she sent her application on feb 2010. Im not jelouse for her, but this is soo unfair, y should we wait like this, we ar single applicant tooo.
PR results another 15 months after receipt of OWP? i thought its 15 months processing from the date of application filing... this is so frustrating :( 11 months for OWP and then another 15 months for the PR, so total is 26 months to get our PR? 2 years processing now for PR? so its going to be roughly 5 years before our love ones can live with us... awwww when i was processing my papers before this isn't the system...