+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of the public-private partnership institutes

Soma777

Aug 14, 2021
Im applying to Regina Flying Club for flight training is it a Public DLI? Will i be eligible for PGWP im not sure where to look i just know about it being on the DLI list

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Im applying to Regina Flying Club for flight training is it a Public DLI? Will i be eligible for PGWP im not sure where to look i just know about it being on the DLI list
Wait for further instructions since you will need a letter of attestation from the province too. Requirements for letters will be announced by March 31. Assuming you would be eligible as it is for private-public partnership schools.

Soma777

Aug 14, 2021
Wait for further instructions since you will need a letter of attestation from the province too. Requirements for letters will be announced by March 31. Assuming you would be eligible as it is for private-public partnership schools.
Yes i do understand that I am just not sure about Regina Flying Club being eligible for PGWP as its status as public or private is not known to me
If not then ill have to switch my flying school

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i do understand that I am just not sure about Regina Flying Club being eligible for PGWP as its status as public or private is not known to me
If not then ill have to switch my flying school
Some private DLIs will still be eligible but it is those that are in a private-public partnership. Again you need to wait as each province is being capped on the number of international students allowed so need to wait for requirements for letters of attestation.

Reactions: Soma777

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
What about those exclusively Private Universities? I don't these are affected since the latest change is for Private Public partnership colleges.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What about those exclusively Private Universities? I don't these are affected since the latest change is for Private Public partnership colleges.
Private colleges should be eligible for PGWPs. The issue is that provinces are now capped at the number of students they can accept. So if not taking a Masters at a private university, the province may not approve letter of attestation, and may approve those going to public DLIs. Who knows. Have to wait for provincial requirements.

Reactions: mrtravelok

MystiqueRaven

Jan 22, 2024
Okay so the students that are already studying in Canada will not be affected by this rule. Only the new students that are yet to come to the country will be affected by this rule.

Maverickk94

Jan 23, 2024
Can anyone guide me too.
I applied for loyalist college Toronto i even got visa and i also registered myself .
My question is my studies is starting from may as i have may intake so will this new rules impact my pgwp as canada will not give pgwp for public private institutions from 1st sep2024 and old students are exempt.
So am i eligible or not please clear because if not than there is no use of going there anymore and i will get my funds refunded.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can anyone guide me too.
I applied for loyalist college Toronto i even got visa and i also registered myself .
My question is my studies is starting from may as i have may intake so will this new rules impact my pgwp as canada will not give pgwp for public private institutions from 1st sep2024 and old students are exempt.
So am i eligible or not please clear because if not than there is no use of going there anymore and i will get my funds refunded.
Rules come into effect on Sept. 1 so should not impact current students or students starting prior to Sept. 1. Again IRCC will confirm.

Reactions: Maverickk94