+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of the public-private partnership institutes

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I also applied for Fleming College Toronto, a private-public partnership institute for May 2024 intake. Think this will affect to my PGWP and I’m confused
No it will not change PGWP if you start in May. As of September, you will not be eligible because these “colleges” are just international college mills to get money from international students, and little chance of skilled work employment. No domestic students attend them. It is a money grab and they should have been shut down years ago.

MystiqueRaven

Jan 22, 2024
If you are going to St Lawrence in Kingston you are attending a public DLI. It is the public DLIs that have partnered with private schools. For example, St. Lawrence is partnered with Alpha College in Toronto. It is mostly the Toronto area schools.
Alright, so will studying in st. Lawrence affect my pgwp? Or will it affect me if I study in Alpha college doing a program offered by St. Lawrence college?

Hushpuppie16

Jan 22, 2024
Greetings, just heard the recent PGWP news, so here to ask something.

I'll graduate secondary education this year. I am planning to apply for January 2025 intake in BC as first year college. So after I complete my 2 years course from a public college/University, will I be eligible for PGWP? Your answer would be a great help.

Thank you!

Last edited:

mccm

Jan 22, 2024
My boyfriend (SP) and I (SOWP) were both granted our respective visas last year but we had to defer to this year's Fall 2024 intake as we received our passports with visa too late and the tickets were already too high that it would have thrown off our budget. We have already bought our tickets for August 2024. Hopefully, someone can answer my questions as we have really become anxious with the new update:

1. Our visas will expire in 2025 (program is for 2 years) — is it best if we process our visa extension before the new mandate takes effect on September 2024?
2. My boyfriend will be attending Conestoga College, will he still be eligible for the 3-year PGWP?

Uththara

Jan 22, 2024
No it will not change PGWP if you start in May. As of September, you will not be eligible because these “colleges” are just international college mills to get money from international students, and little chance of skilled work employment. No domestic students attend them. It is a money grab and they should have been shut down years ago.
Will they close the college since no students apply due to new rule?

Rxm169

May 2, 2019
Will they close the college since no students apply due to new rule?
Yes they will, most of these colleges are will go bankrupt.

Im not sure why you’re coming here to study in such colleges. It’s embarrassing, no companies will want to hire you.

Reactions: canuck78

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
If you are going to St Lawrence in Kingston you are attending a public DLI. It is the public DLIs that have partnered with private schools. For example, St. Lawrence is partnered with Alpha College in Toronto. It is mostly the Toronto area schools.
Similar situation, my sister in law is studying at cornwall campus at st lawrence college. She's stressed beyond max about this pgwp change. She started her studies this past September of last year and will be graduating April of 2025 and its early childhood education and started her placement. If I am understanding. When she graduates she will no longer be eligible to apply for pgwp ?

Maxro

Jul 31, 2023
I also having the same doubt. My program got deferred to Jan 2025 intake but my SP & SOWP have been already issued in 2023 December. What is the impact for those who already got the admissions. ?

My boyfriend (SP) and I (SOWP) were both granted our respective visas last year but we had to defer to this year's Fall 2024 intake as we received our passports with visa too late and the tickets were already too high that it would have thrown off our budget. We have already bought our tickets for August 2024. Hopefully, someone can answer my questions as we have really become anxious with the new update:

1. Our visas will expire in 2025 (program is for 2 years) — is it best if we process our visa extension before the new mandate takes effect on September 2024?
2. My boyfriend will be attending Conestoga College, will he still be eligible for the 3-year PGWP?

Hushpuppie16

Jan 22, 2024
Greetings, just heard the recent PGWP news, so here to ask something.

I'll graduate secondary education this year. I am planning to apply for January 2025 intake in BC as first year college. So after I complete my 2 years course from a public college/University, will I be eligible for PGWP? Your answer would be a great help.

Thank you!

Jan 23, 2024
I am planning to do MBA from university canada west in September 2024 intake. I want to know the will this 2 year cap have any effect on my post graduation work? Also if UCW is public private or not?

Destinyeee

Jan 23, 2024
Hi I have a question
I got admitted into Algonquin college in ottawa..for Ontario’s graduate certificate program.. is Algonquin among p3.. ???
Secondly if it’s not …I could not resume so I was deferred to September 2024. Should I reapply for another course in May or if I resume September..will the new law of pgwp affect me??

rajwinderbrar

Jan 23, 2024
i am applying for sept 24 in lambton collage mississauga for 2 yr diploma Tourism - Operations Management does it affect on my work permit ???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Similar situation, my sister in law is studying at cornwall campus at st lawrence college. She's stressed beyond max about this pgwp change. She started her studies this past September of last year and will be graduating April of 2025 and its early childhood education and started her placement. If I am understanding. When she graduates she will no longer be eligible to apply for pgwp ?
No she is eligible. This new change starts Sept. 1