+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of the public-private partnership institutes

Hushpuppie16

Jan 22, 2024
Greetings, just heard the recent PGWP news, so here to ask something.

I'll graduate secondary education this year. I am planning to apply for January 2025 intake in BC as first year college. So after I complete my 2 years course from a public college/University, will I be eligible for PGWP? Your answer would be a great help.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Greetings, just heard the recent PGWP news, so here to ask something.

I'll graduate secondary education this year. I am planning to apply for January 2025 intake in BC as first year college. So after I complete my 2 years course from a public college/University, will I be eligible for PGWP? Your answer would be a great help.

Thank you!
Depends on the college. If a public DLI like UBC, you are eligible. Also study permits are being capped per province so you will also need a letter of attestation from the province. Provinces have not yet posted what the parameters are for being approved for a letter.

Hushpuppie16

Jan 22, 2024
Depends on the college. If a public DLI like UBC, you are eligible. Also study permits are being capped per province so you will also need a letter of attestation from the province. Provinces have not yet posted what the parameters are for being approved for a letter.
Thank you very much for this! I was literally stressed from morning.

So if I study from a completely public college/University, that would make me eligible for PGWP?

Hushpuppie16

Jan 22, 2024
Yes, like UBC, Simon Fraser. I don’t know public college names.
My cousin studies in Langara College. From what I know, Langara is public college and in partnership with Simon Fraser University. Does that makes graduate from Langara Eligible?
BTW, thanks a lot to you. You've made me feel so relaxed and fine. God bless you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My cousin studies in Langara College. From what I know, Langara is public college and in partnership with Simon Fraser University. Does that makes graduate from Langara Eligible?
BTW, thanks a lot to you. You've made me feel so relaxed and fine. God bless you!
Langara is public so he will get PGWP.

Simranjit001

Jan 23, 2024
Hey My college is Niagara college toronto campus i receive ppr of may 2024 but not register fir course yet if i defer to sep can if affect my PGWP

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
No she is eligible. This new change starts Sept. 1
Thank you so much ! So it would be correct to say that current students and returning ones are okey but it's the ones who have just applied this year and starts their course in September 2024 that is effected?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much ! So it would be correct to say that current students and returning ones are okey but it's the ones who have just applied this year and starts their course in September 2024 that is effected?
If you are a current student, then you should be eligible for PGWP. It is those starting in Sept that would not be eligible. Now IRCC will need to clarify if students who have an approved study permit for Sept intakes at these private-public colleges will still be eligible for PGWP.

Mary Jain

Jan 23, 2024
What about conestoga college - course web development (2 years).