+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is MS from Bits, pilani - WLPD considered equivalent to masters degree by WES

ritzbcool

Dec 29, 2017
Get BITS sealed transcripts delivered to your home. Then put them along with degree certificate in a new envelope and send it to WES.

OR

You can ask BITS to send sealed transcripts directly to WES, then send degree certificate to WES separately.

I went with the first option because it's easier, cheaper and faster IMO.
Thanks so much for a prompt response. What's the usual turn around time for BITS to deliver transcript to home? Also, do they send it in sealed/signed enveleope, as per WES requirement?

ritzbcool

Dec 29, 2017
i asked them to ship to me. it only contains transcripts. so you will have to print out degree copy and add both transcripts packet received from BITS and Degree in 1 packet and ship it to WES.
Thanks much for a quick response

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Thanks so much for a prompt response. What's the usual turn around time for BITS to deliver transcript to home? Also, do they send it in sealed/signed enveleope, as per WES requirement?
Opt for speed post, you should get it within 3-4 days. You need to opt for sealed envelope.

Pankaj1

Jan 5, 2018
You can seal and send.
I have done the same.
Let me know if you need any help.
Hi CanadaI'mcoming,

I also have the same question. Pls correct if I am wrong:

1) Take copy of BITS-WILP transcript along with Degree Certificate, get them attested by Registrar and put in a selaed envelope from BITS stamped on it.
2) Do the same thing for graduation degree as well.
3) Put both in one envelope and send to WES wring the WES REFERENCE no.

Thanks.

Coolbiz

Mar 11, 2018
Get BITS sealed transcripts delivered to your home. Then put them along with degree certificate in a new envelope and send it to WES.

OR

You can ask BITS to send sealed transcripts directly to WES, then send degree certificate to WES separately.

I went with the first option because it's easier, cheaper and faster IMO.
Hi, do we need to attest degree certificate copy as well before sending to WES?

mail2ranjithb

Mar 14, 2018
You can seal and send.
I have done the same.
Let me know if you need any help.
Hi,

Did you select Duplicate transcripts in the
Folks,
would like to share my ECA experience as follows -
I've an M.S - Software Engineering degree too from WILP-BITS
  • Initially applied with ICES/BCIT and requested BITS to send the transcripts directly (Order Duplicate Transcripts in the link http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html ) and send BITS the copy of academic request form as in the instructions and they do great job sending it to the ECA agency directly (takes 11 days as they send through India Post but you can ask them to deliver the sealed transcript to you and you could combine both Bachelor's and Master's sealed envelopes and send them together through DHL for faster process)
  • After 2 months, ICES/BCIT said they cannot evaluate my credential as they don't have enough information (Aug 2, 2017). so never go with ICES/BCIT for your evaluation
  • Then I chose WES and the process went well with some delays (they need both your Bachelors and Masters Transcripts to Evaluate) and initially I just sent only my masters and that caused the delay
  • with WES you need to follow-up in the contact form given in their website, to get the updates in your account. (Don't call them as they just read your status online and not much helpful.. use contact form and you'll see some change). I just got my report today (Oct 20, 2017)
  • Long story short - BITS MS is accepted by WES and the Canadian equivalency is Masters degree. So don't worry about WILP or the free evaluation tool in their site
  • Good luck to you all with your quest for immigration and believe right things happens at right time whenever you're frustrated and excited, stay positive and determined...
Hi,

I could see the below instruction in BITS website
*If a duplicate transcript is required in a sealed envelop, one has to mentioned the address of the university / education agencies and also send soft version of any "academic request form" through email to Registration Cell atregistration@wilp.bits-pilani.ac.in along with request form. Duplicates once issued can not be sealed in envelops by BITS at a later date.

My question here is:
1. Did they sent the transcripts in sealed envelop to your residence?
2. What is "academic request form " and where to download that in BIT website?

Thanks in advance.

ritzbcool

Dec 29, 2017
Thanks much for a quick response
Hi,
I received my WES evaluation for the MS (WILP) from BITS Pilani. Canadian equivalency is "Postgraduate diploma (one year)". Some of the earlier posts said they have got an equivalent of "Master's Degree" for the same MS course. Can you guys clarify, if it was written "Master's" on the WES report or post-graduate diploma?
I am confused, while registering in the express entry system, if I should treat it as Master's Degree or it should be considerd as a second degree beside my Bachelor's?
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Rittick

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,
I received my WES evaluation for the MS (WILP) from BITS Pilani. Canadian equivalency is "Postgraduate diploma (one year)". Some of the earlier posts said they have got an equivalent of "Master's Degree" for the same MS course. Can you guys clarify, if it was written "Master's" on the WES report or post-graduate diploma?
I am confused, while registering in the express entry system, if I should treat it as Master's Degree or it should be considerd as a second degree beside my Bachelor's?
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Rittick
Many people have received it as Masters degree. You should contact WES about this. Also, if you use Postgraduate Diploma (one year), you'll be awarded points for 2 or more degrees, and not a Masters degree.

VidhyaKolan

May 23, 2018
Can anyone confirm how long it will take to receive degree certificate for WILP M.tech programme. I have received the grade for my dissertation in first week of this month may/2018.

I tried sending mails to BITS team about timeline but haven't received any response from them for my query.

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
MTech (MS courses were also conferred as MTech in 2014 due to UGC regulations) from BITS WILP is given "Masters" equivalency.
You don't have to worry about it.

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
Can anyone confirm how long it will take to receive degree certificate for WILP M.tech programme. I have received the grade for my dissertation in first week of this month may/2018.

I tried sending mails to BITS team about timeline but haven't received any response from them for my query.
It took me more than 3 months to receive the degree at the home address in Bengaluru.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi.
Im just starting out on my application process. Please guide..

1. The WES portal free tool assigned my MS in Software Systems WILP as Bachelors. I have read some posts about this being incorrect.
Do you suggest the actual process designates it as a Masters ?

2. i got this URL: http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html
is this one to use currently for getting transcripts from BITS Pilani ?

3. For Masters, WES site mentioned I need to submit Bachelors data as well. Nothing is specified which papers. Can anyone share more information on this,
Also. Does that also need to be taken from the University or just copies ?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Shweta

Last edited:

Rarch

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,

Did you select Duplicate transcripts in the

Hi,

I could see the below instruction in BITS website
*If a duplicate transcript is required in a sealed envelop, one has to mentioned the address of the university / education agencies and also send soft version of any "academic request form" through email to Registration Cell atregistration@wilp.bits-pilani.ac.in along with request form. Duplicates once issued can not be sealed in envelops by BITS at a later date.

My question here is:
1. Did they sent the transcripts in sealed envelop to your residence?
2. What is "academic request form " and where to download that in BIT website?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I too have same kind of question.

I want to send my transcripts in sealed envelope to my residence.
Academic request form is available in WES site .We need to create WES ref num for that.

If we send them Academic request form, wont they send direcly to WES instead of home address.

How to get transcripts in sealed envelope to my residence.

Can someone please reply.Its bit urgent.Thank you.