+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is MS from Bits, pilani - WLPD considered equivalent to masters degree by WES

Rarch

Jun 5, 2018
Hi.
Im just starting out on my application process. Please guide..

1. The WES portal free tool assigned my MS in Software Systems WILP as Bachelors. I have read some posts about this being incorrect.
Do you suggest the actual process designates it as a Masters ?

2. i got this URL: http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html
is this one to use currently for getting transcripts from BITS Pilani ?

3. For Masters, WES site mentioned I need to submit Bachelors data as well. Nothing is specified which papers. Can anyone share more information on this,
Also. Does that also need to be taken from the University or just copies ?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Shweta
Did you get any updates.. I am also in same boat.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi,

I too have same kind of question.

I want to send my transcripts in sealed envelope to my residence.
Academic request form is available in WES site .We need to create WES ref num for that.

If we send them Academic request form, wont they send direcly to WES instead of home address.

How to get transcripts in sealed envelope to my residence.

Can someone please reply.Its bit urgent.Thank you.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
hi. i have asked them to send the sealed envelope to my home. In the form you just have to mention your home address, and the fee payment receipt attachment, degree certificate attachment.

Rarch

Jun 5, 2018
hi. i have asked them to send the sealed envelope to my home. In the form you just have to mention your home address, and the fee payment receipt attachment, degree certificate attachment.
hi,

Did you send academic request form with wes ref num to get in sealed envelope.because i found this below instructions in BITS site
  1. If a duplicate transcript is required in a sealed envelop, one has to mentioned the address of the university / education agencies and also send soft version of any academic request form through email to Registration Cell at registration@wilp.bits-pilani.ac.in along with request form. Duplicates once issued can not be sealed in envelops by BITS at a later date.
Thank you .Awaiting reply.you can message me @ 2archu87@gmail.com too

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
hi,

Did you send academic request form with wes ref num to get in sealed envelope.because i found this below instructions in BITS site
  1. If a duplicate transcript is required in a sealed envelop, one has to mentioned the address of the university / education agencies and also send soft version of any academic request form through email to Registration Cell at registration@wilp.bits-pilani.ac.in along with request form. Duplicates once issued can not be sealed in envelops by BITS at a later date.
Thank you .Awaiting reply.you can message me @ 2archu87@gmail.com too
the whole website content is misleading. I gave them my WES number and they asked for more money payment - as WES number means they assume we have to send it to a foreign country for which courier charge is 1800

so dont write any WES number in ur email. see u just need to them a mail asking "send transcript in sealed enveloped" addressed to my local address mentioned in the form with stamp on back flap.
for that make the payment and attach receipt.

then once u get the document home, u can send it as is sealed to WES in another envelope along with other papers.

Just want to mention, i did not get any response on this forum, this is what i researched and basis on my response from BITS. Hope someone clarifies things and anyway you can write to BITS - they reply fast.. !

Rarch

Jun 5, 2018

the whole website content is misleading. I gave them my WES number and they asked for more money payment - as WES number means they assume we have to send it to a foreign country for which courier charge is 1800

so dont write any WES number in ur email. see u just need to them a mail asking "send transcript in sealed enveloped" addressed to my local address mentioned in the form with stamp on back flap.

then once u get the document home, u can send it as is sealed to WES in another envelope along with other papers.

Just want to mention, i did not get any response on this forum, this is what i researched and basis on my response from BITS. Hope someone clarifies things and anyway you can write to BITS - they reply fast.. !

Thank you very much Shweta for the detailed reply.
You are the only one who got my question correct :)

I also guessed if we send them WES num ,they may send to WES directly.
I dont have WES number now, thought of creating at later stage

Will follow your guidance and fill the form , attach the receipt and degree certificate.

So only stamp on black flap is required with sign? .

Thanks...

imakr

Jul 10, 2018
Hi,
I received my WES evaluation for the MS (WILP) from BITS Pilani. Canadian equivalency is "Postgraduate diploma (one year)". Some of the earlier posts said they have got an equivalent of "Master's Degree" for the same MS course. Can you guys clarify, if it was written "Master's" on the WES report or post-graduate diploma?
I am confused, while registering in the express entry system, if I should treat it as Master's Degree or it should be considerd as a second degree beside my Bachelor's?
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Rittick
Hello Rittick,

Do you have any updates on this? Did you reconfirm with WES? Im also in the same boat wherein i have M.S on Software Systems.
It looks like WES validates M.Tech in Software Systems as Masters and M.S in Software Systems as 1 year of graduate study(I evaluated mine using the free evaluation WES Tool).
Kindly provide your suggestion on this

imakr

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Shweta,

Do we need to send the Degree certificate for attestation? I believe BITS charges Rs.3000 for degree attestation as per duplicate transcript request form. WES states for a clear copy and not a attested copy. Can you confirm this?
Also what do they mean by "scanned version of the Academic Request Form ". Where is this form available
Kindly help me on this.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi Shweta,

Do we need to send the Degree certificate for attestation? I believe BITS charges Rs.3000 for degree attestation as per duplicate transcript request form. WES states for a clear copy and not a attested copy. Can you confirm this?
Also what do they mean by "scanned version of the Academic Request Form ". Where is this form available
Kindly help me on this.
hi.
Attested Degree certificate is not required from BITS. WES only needs a copy.
For BITS, you need to fill the academic request form, then download it, print it, and sign it, and write date, ur transaction number, bank, amount paid,
then send a photo(as an email) or scanned copy of this to BITS.

I already received mine by this procedure last week.

Reactions: imakr

imakr

Jul 10, 2018
hi.
Attested Degree certificate is not required from BITS. WES only needs a copy.
For BITS, you need to fill the academic request form, then download it, print it, and sign it, and write date, ur transaction number, bank, amount paid,
then send a photo(as an email) or scanned copy of this to BITS.

I already received mine by this procedure last week.
Thanks you Shweta.

Anusrita

Aug 14, 2018
Hi All,

I am filling up for Canada Express Entry. I have completed my M.Tech from BITS Pilani (WILP) last year.
As many of you guys would be knowing that we had to work throughout the week and attend classes on weekends.
So, can any of you please tell me that what should be the NOC code for "Student Computer Applications" in the Express Entry Work history?

Also, what should be its category in Education history- Part Time or Full Time??

Sep 4, 2018
Hi All,

I am filling up for Canada Express Entry. I have completed my M.Tech from BITS Pilani (WILP) last year.
As many of you guys would be knowing that we had to work throughout the week and attend classes on weekends.
So, can any of you please tell me that what should be the NOC code for "Student Computer Applications" in the Express Entry Work history?

Also, what should be its category in Education history- Part Time or Full Time??
Hi,

My wife also completed same from BITS and her equivalent NOC code is 2173. You can also check here

For Education History, its always preferable for Full Time.

Thanks.

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Did anyone get their MS from BITS Pilani (WILP) evaluated recently? What degree is it equivalent to in Canada? I see some people have got it as 1 year post graduate diploma while some have got it as Masters.Please let me know

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Hello Rittick,

Do you have any updates on this? Did you reconfirm with WES? Im also in the same boat wherein i have M.S on Software Systems.
It looks like WES validates M.Tech in Software Systems as Masters and M.S in Software Systems as 1 year of graduate study(I evaluated mine using the free evaluation WES Tool).
Kindly provide your suggestion on this
Any luck on this??? I have to get mine evaluated too and wondering what would it be equivalent to as per WES? My score will be less if my MS from BITS is not considered as Masters. Please help

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Did anyone get their MS from BITS Pilani (WILP) evaluated recently? What degree is it equivalent to in Canada? I see some people have got it as 1 year post graduate diploma while some have got it as Masters.Please let me know
i got WILPD MS Software Systems equivalent to Masters = on 11 Sept 2018 , done.