Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
Hello Dear ,
I got my ECA report by today online and the same thing happened to me that WES officials evaluated the WILP MBA as a Post Graduate Diploma for 1 year only .
Have a look please .
Name on Credential: SEN, Sourabh Kumar Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution Country: India Credential: Master of Business Administration Year: 2018 Awarded By: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Status: Recognized Institution Major: Manufacturing Management
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

What should I do now ? Please guide me .
Also did you get any update over your query raised at WES ?

Regards
Sourabh Kumar Sen
er.sourabh05sen@gmail.com

Hi Sourabh,
I got the below reply from WES -
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Pal, Nikhil:
Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.
World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.
WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada
a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA. or
b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.

We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. Therefore, no changes will be made. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.
Sincerely,
Director of Evaluations
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now I am applying for new ECA through CES just for Masters.

Thanks,
Nikhil

chaitanyachvr

Oct 5, 2019
Congrats Shweta.

So in summery, you asked BITS duplicate transcript in sealed envelop and you inserted duplicate degree certificate (or Photocopy of certificate ) and added WES reference number on envelop and sent to WES ? and it got verified.
Hi Swetha
Any update on this
TIA

dub2can

Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-07-2013(PER)
Hello all,
Here is the ECA Report from WES done on 19-June-2019 and They have considered MBA in Manufacturing Management from BITS Pilani as 1 Year PG Diploma -
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name on Credential: PAL, Nikhil
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2016
Awarded By: Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Major: Manufacturing Management
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have contacted them to re-evaluate my results as its a recognized educational institution.
Still awaiting reply from them.

Nikhil Pal
Hi Nikhil,

I see that you applied for WES evaluation for your Masters from BITS Pilani.

I did MS software systems from BITS pilani and planning to apply for WES evaluation.

Were you able to get BITS Pilani to directly send the document to WES or BITS send you the sealed envelope and you posted it to WES.

COuld you please explain the procedure involved?

Thanks,
Thameem.

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
Hi Nikhil,

I see that you applied for WES evaluation for your Masters from BITS Pilani.

I did MS software systems from BITS pilani and planning to apply for WES evaluation.

Were you able to get BITS Pilani to directly send the document to WES or BITS send you the sealed envelope and you posted it to WES.

COuld you please explain the procedure involved?

Thanks,
Thameem.
Hello Thameem,
You have to visit this link to order your duplicate transcripts for ECA Purpose - http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html
And while filling the form enter the address where you want transcripts to be sent. also drop them email on registration@wilp.bits-pilani.ac.in
to send the document request form from WES. BITS Pilani have a very good response with in 1 week they will dispatch your documents. all the information is given on the link which I stated above.

Thanks
Nikhil

dub2can

Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-07-2013(PER)
Hello Thameem,
You have to visit this link to order your duplicate transcripts for ECA Purpose - http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html
And while filling the form enter the address where you want transcripts to be sent. also drop them email on registration@wilp.bits-pilani.ac.in
to send the document request form from WES. BITS Pilani have a very good response with in 1 week they will dispatch your documents. all the information is given on the link which I stated above.

Thanks
Nikhil
Thanks Nikhil. Your response is much appreciated.

Prathamesh J

Nov 27, 2019
My MS is Full Time 2 year degree as its already certified by WES as well. I dont need to given any internet source to decide. WILPD MS degree was certified by Govt. Of India before 2010; WES doesn't ask for such information. They ask for transcripts, degree certificate. Nowhere in the degree certificate it is written its full time or part time. So my EE profile also is saying Fulltime.

Hi Shweta, Thanks for helping everyone. I wanted to ask were you working parallelly in this duration of degree? If yes then wouldn't it be considered as a part time for Canada express entry as time period in work experience/reference letter would be in same duration?

dub2can

Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-07-2013(PER)
Hello Thameem,

Thanks
Nikhil
Hi Nikhil,

Everything went well and BITS directly sent the duplicate transcripts directly to WES. But the problem is WES is saying they aren't accepting because BITS didn't follow instructions for sending the marksheets :(

Status in WES website::
"Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to re-send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official. WES only accepts documents in sealed envelopes that are mailed directly by the institutions themselves."

Anyway out of this?

adityau01

Oct 15, 2020
My MS is Full Time 2 year degree as its already certified by WES as well. I dont need to given any internet source to decide. WILPD MS degree was certified by Govt. Of India before 2010; WES doesn't ask for such information. They ask for transcripts, degree certificate. Nowhere in the degree certificate it is written its full time or part time. So my EE profile also is saying Fulltime.
Hi Shweta,

Did you receive the PR based on WILP degree as Full time? I received my ITA recently and am confused whether I should select it as Full time or Part time. I selected as Full time in express entry profile and also have the ECA equivalency to Canadian "Masters" degree. Reply will be highly appreciated.

adityau01

Oct 15, 2020
its full-time. its instructor led and attendance is mandatory.
Anyone received PR based on selection of WILP as full time studies? I received ITA and am confused whether it should be selected as full time or part time as the work experience is also shown in parallel to WILP studies.

abhir4droid

Oct 24, 2020
i got WILPD MS Software Systems equivalent to Masters = on 11 Sept 2018 , done.
It's been almost 2 years now to this post but even after reading all the threads I still have a confusion
I have done MS wilp from BITS pilani and have a full-time BE degree in CS
So, should I collect the transcripts first from BITS and my BE degree transcripts then combine them in one sealed envelope and then send to WES?
But Wes expects the transcripts to be sent directly by college right?
Can I tell BITs and my UG university to send it to Wes separately? Will WES consider two separate packages received?

aalloo

Nov 13, 2020
It's been almost 2 years now to this post but even after reading all the threads I still have a confusion
I have done MS wilp from BITS pilani and have a full-time BE degree in CS
So, should I collect the transcripts first from BITS and my BE degree transcripts then combine them in one sealed envelope and then send to WES?
But Wes expects the transcripts to be sent directly by college right?
Can I tell BITs and my UG university to send it to Wes separately? Will WES consider two separate packages received?
hi What did you do and what was the outcome?

aalloo

Nov 13, 2020
I got my WES :) MS wilp from BITS Pilani was considered as a Master equivalent of Canadian education by WES. The entire process hardly took 20 days( this includes raising the request with BITS to send the transcripts to WES and also requesting my graduation university to send the transcripts to WES directly). All these processes went really smooth.

JDM1986

Jan 14, 2021
I got my WES :) MS wilp from BITS Pilani was considered as a Master equivalent of Canadian education by WES. The entire process hardly took 20 days( this includes raising the request with BITS to send the transcripts to WES and also requesting my graduation university to send the transcripts to WES directly). All these processes went really smooth.
Was your degree MS in Software Systems? What is the type of education you selected in WES application: University Education or Professional Education? Please suggest