+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship - interview @ port of entry

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
So to prove our common-law relationship under Common-law partner in Canada Class... is it pointless to send tenancy agreements and utility bills from the UK showing that we have cohabited together?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So to prove our common-law relationship under Common-law partner in Canada Class... is it pointless to send tenancy agreements and utility bills from the UK showing that we have cohabited together?
Of course not. You still need to prove that you are common-law.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Could the embassy / high commission where you are not issue one? Or is that in London anyway. Know it's a hassle but got to be easier now, than later.

I'm good thanks. Toronto is fun, still holiday mode :)

Bought ice skates yesterday. Now to figure out how to not damage myself!
Hi Will. Would you know where to get an OWP form? Have you applied for open work permit along with your app? How many pages was your application in total?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am feeling rushed because of my deadlines. It seems I need to slow down. I apologise.
If you rush, you will screw up. Before you continue on, I suggest you thoroughly go through the entire guide, all of the forms and the checklist a few times. Print everything out, write down all of your questions. Be thorough.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
That's same situation as me. I put our initial 1 month address on application and tenancy agreement for this included as evidence. I won't receive aor or be able to link my application before I leave for permanent condo, so have diverted mail via canada post for 4 months for $50 or so, from temporary apartment to new.
Hi Will. I have been wondering how did you fill the IMM0008 form. I can only select "Family class" in the form and there is no "common law or spouse in Canada" class. It seems to be two different things. How did you go about it please?

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
If you rush, you will screw up. Before you continue on, I suggest you thoroughly go through the entire guide, all of the forms and the checklist a few times. Print everything out, write down all of your questions. Be thorough.

Thank you. I will do. I would like to ask you about a specific thing. I have been looking around on forums but no one mentions this at all. I have been going through the forms, and IMM0008 only gives me the option to select "Family" and "common-law partner" category. Now I am applying INLAND and under "spouse or common-law partner in Canada" class. Can I still select "Family" class on IMM0008 then? It seems to be two different things on the checklist.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. I will do. I would like to ask you about a specific thing. I have been looking around on forums but no one mentions this at all. I have been going through the forms, and IMM0008 only gives me the option to select "Family" and "common-law partner" category. Now I am applying INLAND and under "spouse or common-law partner in Canada" class. Can I still select "Family" class on IMM0008 then? It seems to be two different things on the checklist.
IMM0008 is generic,used in every class of PR app. "Family" is all family.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Hi Will. I have been wondering how did you fill the IMM0008 form. I can only select "Family class" in the form and there is no "common law or spouse in Canada" class. It seems to be two different things. How did you go about it please?
Yes I put
1) Family
2) Spouse