+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship - interview @ port of entry

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Never had to link an account. As far as I know, she needs her own account.
Thanks but...and this is the tricky part...the actual application consists of my part (sponsor) and her part (principal applicant).
1. Do we both need to link our respective parts of our application through separate online profiles?

The guide says, that it is the sponsor who has to send the application. There are four payments to be made: sponsorship fee, principal applicant processing fee, right of permanent residence fee and OWP fee. I will be paying all that through my account.

2. Do I, as a sponsor need to pay first two payments and she as the applicant last two payments?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks but...and this is the tricky part...the actual application consists of my part (sponsor) and her part (principal applicant).
1. Do we both need to link our respective parts of our application through separate online profiles?

The guide says, that it is the sponsor who has to send the application. There are four payments to be made: sponsorship fee, principal applicant processing fee, right of permanent residence fee and OWP fee. I will be paying all that through my account.

2. Do I, as a sponsor need to pay first two payments and she as the applicant last two payments?
1. Search for threads about linking.

1. Your granny's hairdresser could pay the fees and mail the app. They don't care.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
1. Search for threads about linking.

1. Your granny's hairdresser could pay the fees and mail the app. They don't care.
Thank you. Found it. My brother's letter of financial support and his bank statement/pay slips are dated from May until September/October 2017. I wont be sending the application before January/February 2018. Is it going to be accepted if it is 4-5 months old?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. Found it. My brother's letter of financial support and his bank statement/pay slips are dated from May until September/October 2017. I wont be sending the application before January/February 2018. Is it going to be accepted if it is 4-5 months old?
I would get more recent ones when submitting the app.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
I would get more recent ones when submitting the app.
Many thanks. I was just wondering whether there is an official cut off date when it comes to evidence like bank statements and such. I have all the evidence, but will most likely have to postpone our trip. Is it beyond 6 months that the evidence becomes stale?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Many thanks. I was just wondering whether there is an official cut off date when it comes to evidence like bank statements and such. I have all the evidence, but will most likely have to postpone our trip. Is it beyond 6 months that the evidence becomes stale?
There is no official cut-off.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
There is no official cut-off.
Thanks. The checklist is asking for a birth certificate of the applicant and all the family members. I understand that I am her common-law, but do we need to submit my birth certificate when I am her sponsor and a PR already?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. The checklist is asking for a birth certificate of the applicant and all the family members. I understand that I am her common-law, but do we need to submit my birth certificate when I am her sponsor and a PR already?
You are not considered a family member.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. I have been searching forums for this and people were giving quite ambiguous answers.

But earlier you wrote, that I as her common-law partner am not considered family. And according to the definition that you sent me a common law partner counts as a family member...
You need to be using a bit of logic to put everything together. A lot of the info on the website, such as that defintion, is generic, applying to every immigration class. You need to put it together with the specific information in the spousal sponsorship guide.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
That's same situation as me. I put our initial 1 month address on application and tenancy agreement for this included as evidence. I won't receive aor or be able to link my application before I leave for permanent condo, so have diverted mail via canada post for 4 months for $50 or so, from temporary apartment to new.
Hi Will. Can you please explain a bit further why you will not be able to link your application without permanent address? I thought you can always provide a temporary accommodation for the purpose of linking...

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Hi Will. Can you please explain a bit further why you will not be able to link your application without permanent address? I thought you can always provide a temporary accommodation for the purpose of linking...
I said that I won't have linked my account by the time I leave my temporary accommodation.

So now waiting for email AOR hopefully, then link, then update to permanent address.

I'm not experienced at this, just slightly ahead in the process from you. Hope you're getting there...

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
You need to be using a bit of logic to put everything together. A lot of the info on the website, such as that defintion, is generic, applying to every immigration class. You need to put it together with the specific information in the spousal sponsorship guide.
Thank you. I went through IP8 guide and other sponsorship guides, and there is one area of concern. One of the main requirements is that sponsor and sponsored person need to live together in Canada. You said earlier that we dont need a Canadian lease. But without a lease it wouldnt be possible to prove that we cohabit. I have lots of evidence from the UK. Are they going to request evidence from Canada later on during the processing?