+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship - interview @ port of entry

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
If you rush, you will screw up. Before you continue on, I suggest you thoroughly go through the entire guide, all of the forms and the checklist a few times. Print everything out, write down all of your questions. Be thorough.
Yes I would second this.

I've no idea if I did everything correctly but you've got to aim for perfection.

You're welcome to ask as many questions as you like but people like canuck_in_uk are probably overqualified for the basics which are in the guides.

Follow the checklist, follow the brief guide, follow the long guide, read the faq here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms

Think of it as an exam with pass mark 100% :)

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hey Will. Good to hear from you again. Can I ask you how long was your letter of explanation on "how are you going to support yourselves" topic? They are asking for a detailed explanation, so I was wondering how did you go about it.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
IMM0008 is generic,used in every class of PR app. "Family" is all family.
Thank you. You said earlier that OWP takes approximately 2 - 4 months. Are they sending the OWP through post in a paper form? I will be updating my address within this timescale so was wondering how do they do it.

Reactions: Will_PA

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. You said earlier that OWP takes approximately 2 - 4 months. Are they sending the OWP through post in a paper form? I will be updating my address within this timescale so was wondering how do they do it.
Yes, they will mail a physical copy to you.

Reactions: Will_PA

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Hey Will. Good to hear from you again. Can I ask you how long was your letter of explanation on "how are you going to support yourselves" topic? They are asking for a detailed explanation, so I was wondering how did you go about it.
Hey Pete
I didn't include any such letter (not heard of it sorry). My wife had a job to return to here, so included her offer letter, but didn't explain anything extra.
I'm assuming as you're both coming fresh that you'll need to look for work while awaiting your wife's OWP, so don't have offer letter.
I wouldn't worry too much - just show intent and have a plan. E.g. my normal salary is $xxx. I've reached out to a number of firms in my field - I'll have meetings / follow up interviews in person once I arrive. For the time being I've been concluding my affairs in the UK. I'm confident that within maximum 3 months I'll have a position, but this won't crystallize until I've been back in Canada for a few weeks. Here are some job adverts for the positions I'll be applying for... I've more experience so the salary estimate would be to the top-end of this range. Here's my CV also... I'll update myCIC with my employment contract once I have it so perhaps you'll be able to review it at same time as you're reviewing my application.
But no experience here! So if someone knows better I'm sure they'll chime in.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
You can just include a letter explaining that you guys don't yet have such proofs because you have only just returned to Canada.
Thank you. Is there any point in providing a printout of an airbnb booked hostel for 2 to 3 weeks after our arrival to Canada, or should we just say that we will be staying somewhere temporarily, looking for a permanent place?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. Is there any point in providing a printout of an airbnb booked hostel for 2 to 3 weeks after our arrival to Canada, or should we just say that we will be staying somewhere temporarily, looking for a permanent place?
You could attach that to your letter. Won't hurt.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. Is my partner going to be issued visitor visa or temporary resident permit when she comes to Canada? Can I ask you what is the difference?
She will be issued neither. She will be granted visitor status.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
She will be issued neither. She will be granted visitor status.
Thank you. My partner is from Europe. We have been living together in the UK. She is UK permanent resident. I dont know whether to send a copy of her UK PR card or not, since we will be applying from Canada. The document checklist states the following: "If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa or residency permit for the country in which you currently reside." If she is granted Canadian visitor visa, does it mean she resides in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. My partner is from Europe. We have been living together in the UK. She is UK permanent resident. I dont know whether to send a copy of her UK PR card or not, since we will be applying from Canada. The document checklist states the following: "If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa or residency permit for the country in which you currently reside." If she is granted Canadian visitor visa, does it mean she resides in Canada?
She will be granted visitor status, not a visitor visa. Yes, it will mean she resides in Canada.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
It's pointless to send things that aren't requested.
Many thanks. I cant find answer in the guide with regards to linking an application. I, sponsor, have got an online account when I applied for my PR. There is a "link an application" button, but have been wondering whether my partner, as principal applicant, needs to create her own online account or whether she could use mine for the purpose of uploading documents?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Many thanks. I cant find answer in the guide with regards to linking an application. I, sponsor, have got an online account when I applied for my PR. There is a "link an application" button, but have been wondering whether my partner, as principal applicant, needs to create her own online account or whether she could use mine for the purpose of uploading documents?
Never had to link an account. As far as I know, she needs her own account.