Inland sponsorship - interview @ port of entry

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. If I am sponsoring my partner inland, do I need to submit a signed Canadian tenancy agreement/lease? As a proof of our common-law relationship I have documents from the UK, but was wondering whether there are any Canadian documents required by IRCC which would state both of our names.
No, you don't need a Canadian lease.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
So I dont need a physical Canadian address to submit an Inland application? Or if need be, can I give my friend´s address?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So I dont need a physical Canadian address to submit an Inland application? Or if need be, can I give my friend´s address?
Of course you need an actual Canadian address and it needs to be the actual place where you are staying, not just a friend's address. You just don't need a lease.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Of course you need an actual Canadian address and it needs to be the actual place where you are staying, not just a friend's address. You just don't need a lease.
So I dont need an actual Canadian tenancy agreement. Is it ok if I give an address of an airbnb, hostel etc where we will be staying after our arrival? (I am asking because I would like to submit the application right after our arrival without having to wait for couple of months until we find an apartment)

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Hey all, thanks for all information here! I was wondering, me and my wife (she's a Canadian citizen) will follow same route. How can I say I will be just visiting when it's obvious I will stay as we have a toddler who is coming with us. I had a horrible experience getting interviewed a few years ago by a very unfriendly officer, making me feel like a criminal for no reason.. Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
So I dont need an actual Canadian tenancy agreement. Is it ok if I give an address of an airbnb, hostel etc where we will be staying after our arrival? (I am asking because I would like to submit the application right after our arrival without having to wait for couple of months until we find an apartment)
That's same situation as me. I put our initial 1 month address on application and tenancy agreement for this included as evidence. I won't receive aor or be able to link my application before I leave for permanent condo, so have diverted mail via canada post for 4 months for $50 or so, from temporary apartment to new.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, give the address of wherever you are actually staying when you submit the app. You can then update your address when you move.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Yes, give the address of wherever you are actually staying when you submit the app. You can then update your address when you move.
Thanks. But does the fact, that we dont have a stable address affect the processing of the application somehow? Does it mean that until such time, that we actually have a stable address, she is not going to get her AOR? And, no AOR = no implied status, right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. But does the fact, that we dont have a stable address affect the processing of the application somehow? Does it mean that until such time, that we actually have a stable address, she is not going to get her AOR? And, no AOR = no implied status, right?
No, it doesn't have any effect on the processing of the app.

AOR has nothing to do with Implied Status.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
No, it doesn't have any effect on the processing of the app.

AOR has nothing to do with Implied Status.
Sorry I was confused, because of another post. Can you comment on this post relating to my query about having no permanent address for the purpose of submitting the application please?

"That's same situation as me. I put our initial 1 month address on application and tenancy agreement for this included as evidence. I won't receive aor or be able to link my application before I leave for permanent condo, so have diverted mail via canada post for 4 months for $50 or so, from temporary apartment to new."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry I was confused, because of another post. Can you comment on this post relating to my query about having no permanent address for the purpose of submitting the application please?

"That's same situation as me. I put our initial 1 month address on application and tenancy agreement for this included as evidence. I won't receive aor or be able to link my application before I leave for permanent condo, so have diverted mail via canada post for 4 months for $50 or so, from temporary apartment to new."
AOR has nothing to do with the address you give.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is my address in Canada going to be required for any communication with IRCC, or is it only via email that they contact people?
They generally only communicate by email but you still need to keep your address up to date.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Is my address in Canada going to be required for any communication with IRCC, or is it only via email that they contact people?
Thanks. There is a reminder in the "proof of relationship to sponsor" section saying: "To apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada..." Then it says, that if we are living together we must provide either tenancy agreement or joint utility accounts. Based on what we have discussed here, is it sufficient to send proof of cohabitation from the UK (tenancy agreements, bills etc) or do I need to send documents relating to a Canadian property (tenancy proof/bills etc)?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. There is a reminder in the "proof of relationship to sponsor" section saying: "To apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada..." Then it says, that if we are living together we must provide either tenancy agreement or joint utility accounts. Based on what we have discussed here, is it sufficient to send proof of cohabitation from the UK (tenancy agreements, bills etc) or do I need to send documents relating to a Canadian property (tenancy proof/bills etc)?
You can just include a letter explaining that you guys don't yet have such proofs because you have only just returned to Canada.