+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship - interview @ port of entry

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Mid 2019 is fine.
Thanks. Few questions if you dont mind

1. Would it be ok if we submit the application in February 2018 and her passport expires May 2019?
2. My brother put in writing, that he will support us financially if need be. Does his letter need to be attested?
3. My brother provided 6 months worth of a bank statement and pay slips. Does it need to be translated into English by an official translator?

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017

1. Would it be ok if we submit the application in February 2018 and her passport expires May 2019?
2. My brother put in writing, that he will support us financially if need be. Does his letter need to be attested?
3. My brother provided 6 months worth of a bank statement and pay slips. Does it need to be translated into English by an official translator?
Hi Pete
(Not an expert as you know.)
Pretty sure there's no financial requiremt to sponsorship, so having a plan of how you'll support (e.g. I'm going for a job in xxx) is enough. Think they can only turn you down on relationship genuineness if that's a word (!).

Why not just get a new passport, save hassle later?

Will

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hi Pete
Pretty sure there's no financial requiremt to sponsorship, so having a plan of how you'll support (e.g. I'm going for a job in xxx) is enough. Think they can only turn you down on relationship genuineness if that's a word (!).

Will
Hi Will. Thank you for a reply. Yes, getting a new passport isnt a problem, but she would need to travel back to her home country. How are you btw? Enjoying the sun in Toronto?

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Could the embassy / high commission where you are not issue one? Or is that in London anyway. Know it's a hassle but got to be easier now, than later.

I'm good thanks. Toronto is fun, still holiday mode :)

Bought ice skates yesterday. Now to figure out how to not damage myself!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

1. That should be fine.

2. No, it doesn't need to be notarized.

3. 6 months is overkill. Just include his recent one and a recent payslip.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Pete

Will
There is no minimum income requirement but a couple must show that they can support themselves without wefare. Though rare, couples can and have been refused based on financial grounds. Depending on the couple's circumstances, a plan may not be enough for IRCC.

Reactions: Will_PA

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
1. That should be fine.

2. No, it doesn't need to be notarized.

3. 6 months is overkill. Just include his recent one and a recent payslip.
Thanks. But does the bank statement and payslip need to be translated into English? If so, does it need to be translated by an official translator?

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Thanks. Two questions:

1. Do letter from friends and family need to be translated by an official translator if they are not in English?
2. Email communication in our native language between me and my partner - can we translate it ourselves?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. Two questions:

1. Do letter from friends and family need to be translated by an official translator if they are not in English?
2. Email communication in our native language between me and my partner - can we translate it ourselves?
Unofficial things like the letters and emails can be translated by yourselves.

Official documents like PCCs, marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. are what need to be formally translated.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Unofficial things like the letters and emails can be translated by yourselves.

Official documents like PCCs, marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. are what need to be formally translated.
Thanks. I would like to ask you about the suggested length of sponsorship cover letter and "how you plan to support yourselves" letter. Is 1 page going to do it or should it be several pages each?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. I would like to ask you about the suggested length of sponsorship cover letter and "how you plan to support yourselves" letter. Is 1 page going to do it or should it be several pages each?
You don't need a cover letter.

The support plan will be as long as it needs to be. It all depends on your own personal circumstances.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Thanks. If I am sponsoring my partner inland, do I need to submit a signed Canadian tenancy agreement/lease? As a proof of our common-law relationship I have documents from the UK, but was wondering whether there are any Canadian documents required by IRCC which would state both of our names.