Inland sponsorship - interview @ port of entry

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. My partner's medical expires in midst of March. If I get the application in, lets say midst February, is it going to be accepted? Is it the date of me submitting the application, or the IRCC's formal "application received" date that would apply in this instance?
Your partner will likely be requested to do another medical later on in the process.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
CBSA generally just grants 6 months. They don't usually to limit stays as per the return ticket.
It seems hit and miss. One time my wife visited with a 3 month return ticket booked and they gave her a VR expiring a few days after the date of the return flight (though was no problem extending the stay to 6 months. just cost money for the application!). Then she came back again a few months later and we thought we get smart and booked a 6 month return ticket so avoiding app costs of extending stay...yet they never even issued any kind of VR (which we were sure she would get given she had one the time before and was returning only a few months later) this time just stamped the passport! She landed at different airports/provinces in both those examples, doesn't seem much consistency really!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So if I get your point...the date of the medical is considered when the officer starts to process our application? Which is at least 6 months after application is submitted, right?
The date is more considered towards the end of the processing, as the COPR is issued based on medical validity.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
The date is more considered towards the end of the processing, as the COPR is issued based on medical validity.
Can you advise how long it takes until my partner gets the extension for her TRV once the application is submitted? Is it with an official letter from IRCC upon their receipt of application that she can apply for the extension or is it right after we submit the application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can you advise how long it takes until my partner gets the extension for her TRV once the application is submitted? Is it with an official letter from IRCC upon their receipt of application that she can apply for the extension or is it right after we submit the application?
??

Did you not say that your partner is visa-exempt? Or are you meaning to refer to visitor status, not a TRV?

She doesn't need to apply for a visitor extension if you are submitting the inland app with the OWP soon after arrival.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
??

Did you not say that your partner is visa-exempt? Or are you meaning to refer to visitor status, not a TRV?

She doesn't need to apply for a visitor extension if you are submitting the inland app with the OWP soon after arrival.
Thank you. So if we submit her application within a month of our arrival, then she doesnt need to do anything until we get the final decision on our application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. So if we submit her application within a month of our arrival, then she doesnt need to do anything until we get the final decision on our application?
If you apply inland with the OWP, no, you don't need to extend her visitor status. She will receive the OWP in about 2-4 months.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
If you apply inland with the OWP, no, you don't need to extend her visitor status. She will receive the OWP in about 2-4 months.
I am feeling a little bit rushed. Do you think it's worth it to get to Toronto as soon as possible to hand the application in? In your opinion, which is the better time for jobhunt and finding a place? November/December or January/February?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am feeling a little bit rushed. Do you think it's worth it to get to Toronto as soon as possible to hand the application in? In your opinion, which is the better time for jobhunt and finding a place? November/December or January/February?
I have no idea what time is better for job hunting or finding a place in Toronto.

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
Hi there. Have you sent your application yet? I am putting mine together and would like to share some insights with someone going through the same.

Hey petrikbb, sorry for the late reply, I just sent my application today to CPC Mississauga along with the OWP. I’ll update on this thread if I have any news.
Anyway are you currently in Toronto? It’s best if you can find an apartment first, when you get that, you can double check all your application before submitting.
I came here last month and reside at my in laws in Montreal for 3 weeks while at the same time hunting for apartments in Vancouver online, sign my lease online too, came to BC last week and have a pre-check for apartment before moving in & then moved in right away.
You don’t have to come down to Toronto to get an apartment, just have to make sure youre dealing with a proper agency and not a fraud. You have to do a lot of digging online so that you dont get fooled. I was dealing withh Remax. Was skeptical but did a lot of research and found that the agent that I’m dealing with is legit.

As for jobs, if you’re able to secure a job that would be better but otherwise you will need enough funds to cover both you and your spouse expenses in Canada.

My husband and I moved back to Canada after 6 years living in Indonesia and we’re currently unemployed but we submit our joint bank statement as proof of funds that we will be able to cover our rent and expenses until my husband get a job. He attached an explanation about our situation & timeline of when will he be applying for jobs.

On another topic, what’s going to happen to me if they request PCC from my home country? Because at the moment I don’t have it and to obtain it I have to be present in Indonesia. And I know that it is not a good idea to leave the country while applying inland. Advise anyone?

Thanks!

Last edited: