+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

RPTaylo89

Jun 20, 2014
Hi folks!

New to the forum, so hello! Just wondered if anybody had any advice on this... My wife (Canadian citizen) and I (British citizen) submitted our inland application last December, and I've been working in Canada on a working holiday visa that expires in September. We've been told that while we wait for 1st stage approval (which we should get around October) I can apply to change my status to a temp resident after my visa expires. Anybody had any experience doing this? We've been worried that the application to stay as a temp resident might be denied, even if it would only be a couple of months between my visa expiring and being able to apply for an open work permit. Any words of comfort would be appreciated! Thanks :)

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
ashleycass30 said:
cogratulations Carlaganda23!!! happy to hear that u guys got ur AOR... :) :) :)
enjoy & have fun, its time for u & hubby to relax.My husband & I will go also for a short vacation in OKANAGAN & MONTANA...
We still haven't received anything!
???

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
AOR received an hour ago. Can you please update the spreadsheet for me Sophiee :) Thanks a lot. I hope everybody are doing well, been going for a road trip for the last few weeks from Nova Scotia to Toronto and Prince Edward Island. Goodluck to all of us guys ;)
Congrats Carlaganda23!

I got my AOR today too! Just a few minutes ago my hubby was checking the e-mail during his break at work and told me he got an e-mail from CIC - and that's it! Hope everything will be going well on the next several months! ;D

Am going to apply my visa extension again next week and hopefully i can get a longer extension this time... ::)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPTaylo89 said:
Hi folks!

New to the forum, so hello! Just wondered if anybody had any advice on this... My wife (Canadian citizen) and I (British citizen) submitted our inland application last December, and I've been working in Canada on a working holiday visa that expires in September. We've been told that while we wait for 1st stage approval (which we should get around October) I can apply to change my status to a temp resident after my visa expires. Anybody had any experience doing this? We've been worried that the application to stay as a temp resident might be denied, even if it would only be a couple of months between my visa expiring and being able to apply for an open work permit. Any words of comfort would be appreciated! Thanks :)
If you had included an Open Work Permit (OWP) with your Inland application, it would have given you implied status that wouldn't require you to now apply to change your status. The implied status would also have allowed you to continue working as well.

Perhaps you can still send the OWP, since your status has not expired, but you're best to call CIC and see what they say...then call back a few more times and take the `average' of the answers, to find the one that MIGHT be correct. :)

RPTaylo89

Jun 20, 2014
Hmm okay, thanks a lot! Yeah I've spoken to CIC a few times already. Initially they said I could renew my permit through the TFW program, which my employer was prepared to do, but then it turned out that option wasn't going to work for a few reasons. I was told that you can't add an OWP application to a spousal sponsorship after it's been received, but if that's what you suggest I'll try somebody again and see if I get a different answer... Seems quite a severe policy to only give you one chance to submit the application!

The same agent told me that I'll need to basically apply to change my status to visitor for around 6 months, but I wasn't sure whether that was something that was often turned down. It's this that we're both a little concerned about?

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Ponga said:
If you had included an Open Work Permit (OWP) with your Inland application, it would have given you implied status that wouldn't require you to now apply to change your status. The implied status would also have allowed you to continue working as well.

Perhaps you can still send the OWP, since your status has not expired, but you're best to call CIC and see what they say...then call back a few more times and take the `average' of the answers, to find the one that MIGHT be correct. :)
Quite incorrect. a working holiday visa is an IEC which cannot be extended nor can the OP continue working after it expires.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MofC2014 said:
Quite incorrect. a working holiday visa is an IEC which cannot be extended nor can the OP continue working after it expires.
Quite possibly...incorrect.

Have you seen any of the threads that are debating this very issue; whether or not the OWP extends the conditions of IEC, for those that are submitting an Inland spousal sponsorship application?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
chakrab said:
congrats. how long was the road trip from NS to toronto? :)
Hi Chakrab,

We've been travelling for few weeks and stopped over in different cities like Moncton, Saint John New Brunswick and stayed for few days. We stayed in Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa and Niagara Falls. We stayed for few days in Toronto in Canada's Wonderland.
We're heading to Prince Edward Island in few days time. It's crazy but we enjoyed it.

I hope everything are all well for all of you guys! Enjoy the summer festivities

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
ashleycass30 said:
cogratulations Carlaganda23!!! happy to hear that u guys got ur AOR... :) :) :)
enjoy & have fun, its time for u & hubby to relax.My husband & I will go also for a short vacation in OKANAGAN & MONTANA...
I love British Columbia, you're very lucky you live nearby Okanagan, I heard there are plenty of vineyards in the area. Enjoy your summer vacation ashleycass...

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Tiffyali said:
Congrats Carlaganda23!

I got my AOR today too! Just a few minutes ago my hubby was checking the e-mail during his break at work and told me he got an e-mail from CIC - and that's it! Hope everything will be going well on the next several months! ;D

Am going to apply my visa extension again next week and hopefully i can get a longer extension this time... ::)
Cngratulations tiffyali,

Felt so much relieved that I officially heard from CIC. I'm very excited yo go back to work in few months time, I hope we will get an AIP in Fall Season like October or November maybe fingers crossed :) :)

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it means that the spouse can not send OWP after in-land PR application has been sent?

Secondly, what form of extension to request while still waiting for decision on PR application as a spouse; visitor extension using PR application pending as reason or just requesting for visa extension?

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nov-24-2015 (batch email, verify sponsor's residence)
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: Dec-15-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
tomtomato said:
It is very simple in Alberta. You just go to a registry office, bring your PR/Citizent card, prove of residency in alberta (rental paper, mortgate), utility letter, PR application receipt, your spouse's visa. They will provide hearlth care for the duration of your sponse's visa. You are the main applicant, she is on your account. Same goes with DL.

Remember, some of the agents don't know, and it is kinda gray for some of them. Don't let them give you the"oh no, you have to be a citizen so your wife can get this and that". This is not true. I had called the province, and it applies to both PR and citizen. My case, I am only PR. yes, she apply as a sponse.

Hope it hopes.
That did help, thank you!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
RPTaylo89 said:
Hmm okay, thanks a lot! Yeah I've spoken to CIC a few times already. Initially they said I could renew my permit through the TFW program, which my employer was prepared to do, but then it turned out that option wasn't going to work for a few reasons. I was told that you can't add an OWP application to a spousal sponsorship after it's been received, but if that's what you suggest I'll try somebody again and see if I get a different answer... Seems quite a severe policy to only give you one chance to submit the application!

The same agent told me that I'll need to basically apply to change my status to visitor for around 6 months, but I wasn't sure whether that was something that was often turned down. It's this that we're both a little concerned about?
The agent is wrong. You can add material to your application and that includes the open work permit application. It's not ideal, but the instructions are not clear on this point and people often don't include it.

As for getting visitor status, it's largely pointless. You're already covered by the public policy against removal and being out of status is not a bar to inland applications. It can be better to remain in status (health care for example) but it doesn't jeopardize your application.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Carlaganda23 said:
AOR received an hour ago. Can you please update the spreadsheet for me Sophiee :) Thanks a lot. I hope everybody are doing well, been going for a road trip for the last few weeks from Nova Scotia to Toronto and Prince Edward Island. Goodluck to all of us guys ;)
congratulations carlaganda. Hi can i ask i question when u applied inland did u still have a valid status that time? R u a filipino based on ur screenname? Im also a filipino and i have so many question regarding being in status while doing inland. Thank you.

Jenya B

Feb 2, 2014
shaqhal said:
any march 2014 applicants been able to see thier application online yet? i'm still assuming no march 2014 applicant has gotten AOR yet
Hey, my application is from March 12th, still haven't heard from then but I think they suppose to open the cases next month, they currently working on February once.