App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Cngratulations tiffyali,

Felt so much relieved that I officially heard from CIC. I'm very excited yo go back to work in few months time, I hope we will get an AIP in Fall Season like October or November maybe fingers crossed :) :)
Thank you carlaganda23! yes, it is so much relieved that they have confirmed our applications is still safe with them...after 4 months. Hopefully everything will be going well and we can get an AIP before the end of 2014!!! fingers crossed!!

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Let's hope and pray that we will have the AIP before the end of 2014!! :) have faith, God is in control! :) believe, claim and you will receive. More good news to come! God Bless us all.

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
nismopinoy said:
Let's hope and pray that we will have the AIP before the end of 2014!! :) have faith, God is in control! :) believe, claim and you will receive. More good news to come! God Bless us all.
Yes, let's hope to get it before the end of this year! :D

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Hi everyone... may I ask how you apply to extend your stay as a visitor with this application in process? I'm already completing it online (I know which application it is), but I'm not sure how I can prove that I'm waiting for a PR process if all I have right now is my receipt.

Is there anything that I should know to improve my chances or getting an extension?

Thanks for all your help always!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lellen said:
Hi everyone... may I ask how you apply to extend your stay as a visitor with this application in process? I'm already completing it online (I know which application it is), but I'm not sure how I can prove that I'm waiting for a PR process if all I have right now is my receipt.
How long ago did you submit the PR application? If it's been more than a month it should already be in their computer system. Otherwise, send along the receipt and evidence your application was delivered (e.g., the courier signature receipt).

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
computergeek said:
How long ago did you submit the PR application? If it's been more than a month it should already be in their computer system. Otherwise, send along the receipt and evidence your application was delivered (e.g., the courier signature receipt).

I submitted the inland PR application in March. In mid-May I called and they had nothing in the system. We sent a withdrawal request on May 22 (haven't heard anything about that) and applied outland on June 11. My status expires on August 3.
Strangely, the tracking number for this last outland application that we sent said "package delivered" but there was no signature. I guess I'll show a copy of the Canada Post receipt.

I have another question: If I succeed and I extend my stay as a visitor, can I leave for the US and come back? I'm from a country that requires a Visa. I've been in Canada as a student and as a worker (never as a visitor), and I know that I don't need a Visa to go to the States and back under those statuses. But I don't know if it's different as a visitor.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
I submitted the inland PR application in March. In mid-May I called and they had nothing in the system. We sent a withdrawal request on May 22 (haven't heard anything about that) and applied outland on June 11. My status expires on August 3.
Strangely, the tracking number for this last outland application that we sent said "package delivered" but there was no signature. I guess I'll show a copy of the Canada Post receipt.

I have another question: If I succeed and I extend my stay as a visitor, can I leave for the US and come back? I'm from a country that requires a Visa. I've been in Canada as a student and as a worker (never as a visitor), and I know that I don't need a Visa to go to the States and back under those statuses. But I don't know if it's different as a visitor.

I believe that if you leave Canada, your visitor status ends. You would need to be re-admitted to Canada again.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Thanks Ponga... would that mean that I wouldn't be allowed back in? Would I have to fly back home for good if I want to visit friends and family in the States?
I'm sorry but they are crazy. I have Visas to Europe and the States and I can come and go as I please. I am married to a citizen in Canada and they want to either trap me here (without working) or keep me out for a very long time. UUGGHHHH.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Hey everyone... I just talked to a CIC agent, and when you apply to change your status as a visitor, they'll give you a "visitor record" which is a paper that works in the same way as a work permit or a study permit. I know that Americans get that when they cross the border, but it works for us poor folks as well. That means that I can go to the States and come back; if I were to go back home, I would need to apply for a Visa from there to come back, but the visitor record is valid for the period that it states, even if you leave.

Just in case anyone else was wondering about that!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
Hey everyone... I just talked to a CIC agent, and when you apply to change your status as a visitor, they'll give you a "visitor record" which is a paper that works in the same way as a work permit or a study permit. I know that Americans get that when they cross the border, but it works for us poor folks as well. That means that I can go to the States and come back; if I were to go back home, I would need to apply for a Visa from there to come back, but the visitor record is valid for the period that it states, even if you leave.

I hope the CIC agent gave you correct information, since it's quite common to get conflicting information from CIC.

I was always under the impression that if a visitor left Canada, with or without a visitor record, they in essence have terminated their `visit'.

Have fun in Iowa!

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Yeah I was under that impression too, but I think that's for people who don't need Visas and can just walk in like it's the back door to their house. (just kidding). You know? Like if you're American and you're coming for a week and then leave, then that visit ends. But it's all different for all of us commoners who need permission from the Queen to approach the gates of the city.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
lellen said:

I applied for an extension (is the same as change the status), got a visitor record, and it's clearly written at the bottom that the record does not authorize to re-entry.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
sophieee said:
I applied for an extension (is the same as change the status), got a visitor record, and it's clearly written at the bottom that the record does not authorize to re-entry.
Yes exactly, you also need a Visa, it says the same thing on study and work permits. As long as you don't leave the States or St. Pierre, you're good.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sophieee, your visitor record is valid for how long? i am planning to apply that since i haven't heard back from CIC. In case of getting AOR, we still need apply for that?

sophieee said:

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
My husband does not have his PR yet, only granted temp residency and he got health care coverage. They grant it for 2 yrs which they assume is enough time to get your PR. If not you can get an extension. Province is NS.

chakrab said:
you can look into private medical insurance like green shields and manulife.