Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Hi,
What is the story with the border? what did they said and how you were granted an entry ?
It was at the end of my 6 months period and days before we applied for PR. We didn't even go to the USA, just wanted to give back a green flip at the Canadian border. We went too far before turning back, so basically crossed the border, and when we went back we were sent in for further inspection. Inside the officer asked a few questions, we could tell that she wasn't happy with us, told us to sit down and wait again. We were very afraid, that she won't let me back. When she called us again, she gave us a big speech, that my 6 months was about to expire and we didn't have any proof that I will leave and we could know better that I was advised to not leave Canada, and now, how could we convince her that I will leave when I have to, etc. She didn't care that I never overstayed my visa, that we said that we will apply for PR and for a visa extension in days, there was no room for argument.
It took about 20 minutes, at the end she gave me a 2 months visitor extension and warned that I will need to renew it, and that I shouldn't leave Canada until I became a PR.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
randhawa_a said:
i dnt need study permit.. but is that possible that i can get visitor visa to stay here after expiring my student visa. If yes then how can i do it. anyone recommend me a good consultant or lawyer who can help me in montreal.
You don't need a lawyer or consultant, only thing you need to do is apply for change your status. You cab do this with paper app or online.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
lounge said:
Hello all, for spouse/common law questionnaire(Inland), if answer to question is "no" , does that mean the column to fill in information be left blank or i will still have to put "N/A". This is what i mean: Question (9) Were u previously married or in common law relationship, i check "no", all other column in question(9) be left blank or "N/A" . Any info regarding this will be appreciated.
Thanks
I left it blank.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Smsm81 said:
Hi
I just dont understand this. You require visa to enter the U.S. but you entered there without visa because you are a worker in Canada?
I have a Visa to the United States. I entered Canada without a Visa (for Canada) after coming back from the States, with a valid work permit. A work permit and a Visa in Canada are two different things, and if I had travelled anywhere else (not the States), I would have needed a Visa (in addition to the work permit), which I didn't have.

nanovista14

Jun 12, 2014
]hello people i have a question Once the file number has been issued and AOR recived its mean my application its . But they may ask me to provide additional documents later on its that right ?i hope i will fine answers

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
nanovista14 said:
]hello people i have a question Once the file number has been issued and AOR recived its mean my application its . But they may ask me to provide additional documents later on its that right ?i hope i will fine answers
If you got AOR, that means that there are no basic issues with your application, like missing or outdated forms, but they can ask for additional proof/documents or an interview at any time.
Can I ask when was your application received? Thanks

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
i can now see that my application shows in ecas! i didnt check everyday but it definitely took more thank a week.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I got ATIP request back recently, and it shows that the marriage certificate I sent in 3 months after my application to CPC-M has successfully joined up with my application.

So there definitely seems to be no issue sending in app without marriage cert, and sending it in after. And, it does seem CPC-M is doing things, as my ATIP notes indicate they are doing RCMP check, among other things, and has more pages than the ATIP request I did 2 months ago.

juju1504

Feb 18, 2014
As far as I know, we need to receive this request from CIC, send it to MICC, get a reply, etc.. in order to just get 1st stage approval. Previously it was received shortly after people got their AORs.
(Any news, Sincey, higgins1, alexander_Schwartz, Aussie.in.Montreal, juju1504, etc?)
[/quote]

No news from cic yet. I didn't even get aor (file was recieved january 27 but i was able to log into ecas)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When can we sign into the CIC website to check our application status?

I have my UCI Number as its always been on my application however each time I try and sign in it doesn't work...

I do not have AOR yet..

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:

I have my UCI Number as its always been on my application however each time I try and sign in it doesn't work...

I do not have AOR yet..
Mine started to work a few days after AOR.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
automaton82 said:
I got ATIP request back recently, and it shows that the marriage certificate I sent in 3 months after my application to CPC-M has successfully joined up with my application.

So there definitely seems to be no issue sending in app without marriage cert, and sending it in after. And, it does seem CPC-M is doing things, as my ATIP notes indicate they are doing RCMP check, among other things, and has more pages than the ATIP request I did 2 months ago.
When did you request your notes? It's great that so much thing is in process:)

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
Jamesdavid3 said:

I do not have AOR yet..
I could see my application status on CIC websit after 1week I got AOR.

I think it's better to call CIC. they can check your application was opened or not.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Hi all - have a quick question regarding OWP application. Before I applied for PR I did not know that you could also apply for OWP at the same time and get implied status. Now that my PR application has been received and is finally in the system, am I still able to submit an OWP with the same stipulations that others have done, i.e. do not process until AIP, and still get implied status? Or is this not the case now that my PR app has already been received.